Author Topic: Police censor mural disparaging them among other agencies  (Read 854 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Police censor mural disparaging them among other agencies
« on: July 27, 2012, 02:38:32 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/ct2o5zn

Two plainclothes officers showed up at the store with buckets of paint on Tuesday and covered the inflammatory mural. DNAinfo quoted police sources as saying that the 34th Precinct decided to take action after getting complaints from residents.

Yeah, that's what they said.  And they also have several bridges you can purchase.

The building's owner is apparently avoiding getting caught in the middle of any further conflict by refusing permission for the mural artist to paint "CENSORED" over the paint-over.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

dogmush

• friend
Re: Police censor mural disparaging them among other agencies
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »
I wonder if the NYPD got permision from the building's owner to paint it before they did so.  After all, the "artist" had secured permission to paint there from the property owner.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:10:17 PM »
I wonder if the NYPD got permision from the building's owner to paint it before they did so.  After all, the "artist" had secured permission to paint there from the property owner.

He had permission from the business owner, who may or may not have been the property owner.

Either way, badly handled bit of business there. Residential complants about such things arn't generally handled by the police. It should be dealt with by zoning/building code type department. The fact that the police actually went out and repainted the wall themselves just smacks of illigal censorship.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 03:44:41 PM »
I wonder who the cops will send the bill to?
"It's good, though..."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 03:55:52 PM »

lol... off-hand reference to Ademo Freeman?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »
I wonder if a complaint will be sworn out on them for property damage.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »
I wonder if a complaint will be sworn out on them for property damage.

Nah, the storekeeper doesn't want his building burned down.
"It's good, though..."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 05:42:07 PM »
Nah, the storekeeper doesn't want his building burned down. to be shot for "resisting arrest".

FTFY
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 08:59:46 PM »

i would bet they were on-duty and obtained the paint and supplies from the city.  (oh, sorry, was that a rhetorical question?)
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 09:15:57 PM »
i would bet they were on-duty and obtained the paint and supplies from the city.  (oh, sorry, was that a rhetorical question?)

Yes, I got that; I should have said "city".  You don't think the city will send a bill? 
"It's good, though..."