Author Topic: ressurecting the 9mm vs. .45acp debate one more time  (Read 1953 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: ressurecting the 9mm vs. .45acp debate one more time
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 10:34:35 AM »
Just to chime in for the sake of chiming in...

Have a SIG Mosquito and a Tula TOZ 78. The latter is a bolt action but I've verified that both will eat anything I put through them. I've often pondered which is really the more versatile round: .22LR or 12 gauge. My conclusion is every home should have both.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »

That said, I've always thought if you're going to go mouse gun, why not the 22WMR instead?

The only advantage the .22Mag (& the .25 ACP) has over .22lr in a mousegun is that the mags had better bullet construction. After the Velocitor was developed, that advantage went away. In a rifle, it's a different story....if Ruger made 25rd mags for the 10/22 Magnum, I'd recommend it instead.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 05:49:34 PM »
The only advantage the .22Mag (& the .25 ACP) has over .22lr in a mousegun is that the mags had better bullet construction. After the Velocitor was developed, that advantage went away. In a rifle, it's a different story....if Ruger made 25rd mags for the 10/22 Magnum, I'd recommend it instead.

Ruger does now make 25rd mags for the 10/22.  I bought one not too long ago.  Surprised me too. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 05:55:38 PM »
Ruger does now make 25rd mags for the 10/22.  I bought one not too long ago.  Surprised me too. 

For the .22lr, yes.....but not for the .22Mag....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.