Author Topic: Stolen and fixed  (Read 766 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Stolen and fixed
« on: October 26, 2012, 11:15:53 AM »

In the first place God made idiots.
 That was just for practice.
 Then he made politicians.

Durned Britisher grammer does not translate well into Ammurican.

But it's the thought that counts.

stay safe.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HankB

• friend
Re: Stolen and fixed
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:26:54 AM »
Britisher grammar? Original quote comes from Sam Clemens, aka Mark Twain, a native of Missouri:

In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made School Boards.

We are all erring creatures, and mainly idiots, but God made us so and it is dangerous to criticise.

God must love idiots, since he made so many of them.
     -  Me. Usually when I'm driving.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 01:33:36 PM »

You would be surprised to grasp how much and to what degree we make ourselves stupid.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 06:43:20 PM »

I know God loves poor people, because he made so many of us.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 11:39:53 AM »

I know God loves poor people, because he made so many of us.

Perhaps the two are connected  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin