Author Topic: 380ACP Sig P365  (Read 843 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
380ACP Sig P365
« on: February 17, 2022, 02:30:32 PM »
Was expecting this just wonder what took them so long?
Will be good for those who are recoil sensitive and it should have weaker recoil springs making racking easier for those with weaker hands.
I would expect a 380 Hellcat will be coming out soon.

SIG SAUER Announces a New P365 Chambered in .380 ACP
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sig-sauer-announces-a-new-p365-chambered-in-380-acp/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: 380ACP Sig P365
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 02:42:41 PM »
Cool. Is .30 Super Carry coming next?  :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 02:45:20 PM »
Cool. Is .30 Super Carry coming next?  :laugh:

Wouldn't surprise me if it's announced soon.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 09:39:22 AM »
Interesting. I wonder how well it will do? It seems they are pushing it for it's "softer shooting".

I realize I recently started a thread regarding my interest in the new P365XL with the internal comp, but honestly, the recoil in the standard XL at least, is not all that bad. I'm not at all sure that it's even snappier than my FNX9.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 10:25:01 AM »
. . .  Will be good for those who are recoil sensitive and it should have weaker recoil springs making racking easier for those with weaker hands.  . . .
I find 9mm to have mild recoil, and even my petite, elderly mother wasn't bothered by 9mm P recoil.

BUT I am aware that some people - those with injuries, arthritis, perhaps some other condition - ARE very sensitive to recoil. So for these people, a .380 may make sense. However, I think that any pistol intended for the recoil averse HAS to be tested for limp-wrist syndrome malfunctions, as I strongly suspect the very people unable to tolerate 9mm or heavier recoil or who can't manipulate the slide with a normal recoil spring may have physical limitations that make managing a locked wrist, firm grip problematic as well.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 11:05:07 AM »
Interesting. I wonder how well it will do? It seems they are pushing it for it's "softer shooting".

I realize I recently started a thread regarding my interest in the new P365XL with the internal comp, but honestly, the recoil in the standard XL at least, is not all that bad. I'm not at all sure that it's even snappier than my FNX9.
I could feel the difference between practice ammo and self defense ammo, but I didn't consider the recoil too harsh especially with the XL.  Everyone is different though.  A of people like the S&W EZ pistols which are a bit easier to load and shoot.

Personally, I like the S&W Shield plus a little better just because it has a fuller grip that I am more confident using.  However, it approaches the size of the larger compact 9mm pistols. 

That said, I am patiently waiting to see gel testing and such with 30 super carry to see just how it stacks up against 380 and 9mm.  I doubt I will get one.  If one of my pistols can use it with just a new barrel and magazine, that might change my mind. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 05:55:30 PM »
To me the sine qua non .380 is the Beretta 84, which is the perfect platform for the cartridge.  The Sig P230 or P232 are a close second and third. If not for the relative rarity of those choices, I wouldn't consider anything else.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2022, 09:18:40 AM »
Tim over at MAC is not happy.
In the 365's defense if there's a bad one Tim will get it.

New Sig P365 in 380 and a rocky start…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI5U-HUTSJk
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2022, 06:41:03 PM »
I will wait for the video.  I have had plenty of guns malfunction in the first 50 or 100 rounds.  Not a good start is right, we will see how well it goes from there.  However, if it cleared up after that, MAC probably wouldn't have posted that video.   =|
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2022, 11:52:10 PM »
Tim over at MAC is not happy.
In the 365's defense if there's a bad one Tim will get it.

New Sig P365 in 380 and a rocky start…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI5U-HUTSJk
Not the first time a new SIG has been . . . troublesome.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2022, 11:56:02 PM »
I will wait for the video.  I have had plenty of guns malfunction in the first 50 or 100 rounds.  Not a good start is right, we will see how well it goes from there.  However, if it cleared up after that, MAC probably wouldn't have posted that video.   =|

I agree.
I just thought it was funny because it sure as heck seems like Tim is cursed at times when it comes to guns. If there's just one bad one Tim will get it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2022, 09:00:08 AM »
I agree.
I just thought it was funny because it sure as heck seems like Tim is cursed at times when it comes to guns. If there's just one bad one Tim will get it.

Never be the launch customer.  The initial product always has issues.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2022, 09:13:26 AM »
Never be the launch customer.  The initial product always has issues.

I'm been watching MAC for a while. It's doesn't have to be a just released gun.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2022, 09:22:03 AM »
Not the first time a new SIG has been . . . troublesome.

My sister at her first department was, along with about 70% of the rest of her department issued a Sig P320 that wouldn’t make it through two mags without a malfunction. They retrieved their Glocks from the trade in dealer pronto.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!