Author Topic: coming through the back door - the 2A killer  (Read 8672 times)

Marvin Dao

Re: coming through the back door - the 2A killer
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 04:57:11 PM »
Much easier to require gun owners to carry $1 million in liability insurance.

Assuming it is standard free market insurance and not some government run plan, I don’t see this one deterring gun ownership much. Law abiding firearms owners, the only ones that would actually pay for and receive coverage, have a very low incident rate. I can’t see the cost of such insurance adding more than $40/month onto the GEICO bill. It could be scheme to create massive non-compliance, but it’s not like insurance is difficult to obtain either.

/Still a terrible idea though.

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 01:46:54 AM »
I can’t see the cost of such insurance adding more than $40/month onto the GEICO bill.

And for those that can't pay...they become criminals.

Low income families (not to be confused with worthless welfare leeches) like mine would take a hit by having to ante up another $500 (or more) a year just to keep a firearm in the home for defense....

But you seem to have plenty of money, so feel free to but lots of policies for your poorer brethren.

but it’s not like insurance is difficult to obtain either.

Yeah, there will be all kinds of insurance companies just champing at the bit to insure gun owners...not!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 11:33:39 AM »
And for those that can't pay...they become criminals.

....because all those laws about having to have liability insurance in order to drive have worked so well.... 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:57:31 AM by seeker_two »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 11:49:52 AM »
I get it: just pay up?

Who says it will "only" be $40 per month?  And what if you have "several" guns?

Anyone who believes that this isn't part of a stealth form of disarmament, stage by stage, is frankly not fully awake.  You don't bargain away your intrinsic rights.  Ever.   Especially with bureaucrats who look upon you as dangerous scum.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 11:59:07 AM »
I get it: just pay up?

Nope....insurance laws have not prevented uninsured drivers any more than gun-insurance laws would prevent people from owning uninsured guns....

...take that as you will....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.