Author Topic: U of Washington Anonymous Accusation Site  (Read 2568 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
U of Washington Anonymous Accusation Site
« on: October 08, 2018, 07:40:12 PM »
So some group at University of Washington has started a website where anyone can make an anonymous accusation of sexual assault against anyone. The list has apparently grown exponentially since the Kavanaugh hearings.

This is the ugliness that comes of "all men are guilty". This will not end well, and once again, one of the groups that will be hit hardest will be women who have actually been sexually assaulted and who won't be believed because of all this "cry wolf", political, and anonymous revenge accusation stuff.

Note that it is not affiliated with UW, but apparently some students or someone else there. It would be interesting if someone went to the website and started submitting the names of staff and faculty at UW. I wonder how long after that the site would stay up?

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/10/08/disgusting-site-based-out-of-uw-names-and-shames-male-students-baselessly-accused-of-sexual-assault/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: U of Washington Anonymous Accusation Site
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 07:46:42 PM »
What happens if you just want to keep the person accused anonymous? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 07:47:27 PM »
Has it become fashionable among some groups of women to claim to have been sexually assaulted? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 07:57:13 PM »
Has it become fashionable among some groups of women to claim to have been sexually assaulted? 

My guess is that what has become fashionable is greatly broadening what falls under "sexual assault" and "inappropriate sexual conduct" to include the ridiculous. Which again, only further hurts actual sexual assault victims. Remember that saying "lingerie floor please" when entering an elevator is considered sexual misconduct these days.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 07:58:16 PM »
I will check out this site when I get home. I hope I don't find my name from the late 70s and early 80s.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 11:44:25 PM »
I will check out this site when I get home. I hope I don't find my name from the late 70s and early 80s.

There are several pages devoted to you...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 11:54:39 PM »
What happens if you just want to keep the person accused anonymous? 

Where is the fun in that? 
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 10:24:05 AM »
Where is the fun in that? 

Then you have documented proof of Sexual Assault.  Better credentials for future activism. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 11:06:43 AM »

Yes.  Victimhood is "power."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 01:09:25 PM »

You can always accuse yourself.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 07:47:33 PM »
Not U of W but more of the same. High School girls accuse boy of sexual assault just because they don't like him. After being questioned, they admit they lied. No punishment.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/10/09/mean-girls-falsely-accuse-classmate-of-sexual-assault-get-away-with-it-so-far/

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 12:41:19 PM »
Imagine the outrage if a group of male students put up a page outing women who they accuse of claiming false rape.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 12:43:44 PM »
Does 4chan know about this yet?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 01:05:36 PM »
I hope no uses the site to post anonymous accusations against every single person who helped create the site.  That is the exactly the kind of evil thing 4chan would do.   :mad:

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 01:09:38 PM »
I knew several women personally who were victims of stranger rape.  In one case the perp went to prison.  The other was never caught.

I also personally knew a man who was falsely accused of rape at college.  The "case" went all the way to trial before the girl admitted to lying about it. 

I think there are a lot of rapes.  I also think there are a lot of false accusations.  The two are not exclusive.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 01:16:33 PM »
^^^If I recall the literature correctly, the incidence of false rape reports by women against men is estimated to be between 2 and 10 percent.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 01:30:00 PM »
^^^If I recall the literature correctly, the incidence of false rape reports by women against men is estimated to be between 2 and 10 percent.

I'm going to guess that false rape reports are rarer than false "sexual assault" or "sexual misconduct" reports. I don't know if there is any reliable data on those, but I bet they are a good deal higher.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 01:53:48 PM »
I'm surprised that 4chan hasn't stuffed that site tons of allegations against Bill and Hillary, Chuck U Schumer, Dick Durbin, etc., et al to point of crashing their system....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 04:42:04 PM »
Michelle Malkin has a video on false rape accusation stats.  The oft cited 2 percent apparently comes from a judge in the mid 1970s with no data to support it.  The video refers to a NYPD Sergeant from the SVU who claims the percentage of false reports in the double digits, up to 40 percent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNTc5xpiiv8&t=0s&list=WL&index=95

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 04:47:37 PM »
Michelle Malkin has a video on false rape accusation stats.  The oft cited 2 percent apparently comes from a judge in the mid 1970s with no data to support it.  The video refers to a NYPD Sergeant from the SVU who claims the percentage of false reports in the double digits, up to 40 percent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNTc5xpiiv8&t=0s&list=WL&index=95

I just saw an infographic the other day, though I can't vouch for its validity... that shows that there are nearly as many men convicted for false rape as there are for rape-rape.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 10:40:52 PM »
Another tangent, but relevant:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/10/10/imagine-court-reverses-students-suspension-for-sexual-misconduct-cites-total-absence-of-due-process/

This happened at my Alma Mater. When the"hearing" was going on, I recall the local rag almost gleefully reporting on the accused being shot down over and over again regarding his attempts to defend himself. He was a male, so he must be a liar.

An appellate court unanimously reversed his punishment (though I don't know how much it well help him now that the damage has been done). Their decision is a long read, but worth it, just to see how this Title IX stuff destroys due process.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/documents/B283229.PDF

A couple of interesting parts:

Accuser claims she was raped while her best friend and another witness (both who saw none of what she claims) were literally sitting three feet away.

The medication the accuser was on (which she mixed with alcohol). The "hearing" committee allowed testimony from a cop who had zero medical experience, but wouldn't allow the accused or his mother to submit information from the drug maker on the affects of the drug because they weren't experts. At the same time, they had jacked around hearing dates to make it impossible for the accused to bring in a medical expert.

That's just a couple of highlights. As  I said, it's an interesting read into these university Title IX tribunals.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 03:19:51 PM »
I've got a stupid question.

Why are colleges and universities handling rape cases ??  Do they are handle murder cases ??  Shouldn't the local PD and Prosecutor be handling and do the prosecuting ??  I think that rape is a bit more serious then "Violating the Student Conduct Code".

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 03:45:56 PM »

Why are colleges and universities handling rape cases ??  Do they are handle murder cases ??  Shouldn't the local PD and Prosecutor be handling and do the prosecuting ??  I think that rape is a bit more serious then "Violating the Student Conduct Code".

The answer is that it was decided that too many rapists were slipping through the cracks.  Police require actual proof before they punish the guilty men.  By the schools setting up their own Kangaroo Courts and handing out "administrative Actions" they can catch those rapists that slip through the "There's no evidence a rape even occurred" loophole. 

I remember it being celebrated as a way to catch and punish the people the police wouldn't when it was enacted.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 03:51:33 PM »
Another tangent, but relevant:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/10/10/imagine-court-reverses-students-suspension-for-sexual-misconduct-cites-total-absence-of-due-process/

This happened at my Alma Mater. When the"hearing" was going on, I recall the local rag almost gleefully reporting on the accused being shot down over and over again regarding his attempts to defend himself. He was a male, so he must be a liar.

An appellate court unanimously reversed his punishment (though I don't know how much it well help him now that the damage has been done). Their decision is a long read, but worth it, just to see how this Title IX stuff destroys due process.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/documents/B283229.PDF

A couple of interesting parts:

Accuser claims she was raped while her best friend and another witness (both who saw none of what she claims) were literally sitting three feet away.

The medication the accuser was on (which she mixed with alcohol). The "hearing" committee allowed testimony from a cop who had zero medical experience, but wouldn't allow the accused or his mother to submit information from the drug maker on the affects of the drug because they weren't experts. At the same time, they had jacked around hearing dates to make it impossible for the accused to bring in a medical expert.

That's just a couple of highlights. As  I said, it's an interesting read into these university Title IX tribunals.

At the very least, the court decision may help him sue the school and/or accuser for damages and then some.

Given the cost of many universities and that they usually invalidate their class credits, the financial loss and impact on future employment is huge, not to mention legal costs dealing with all of it. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2018, 09:04:37 AM »

"Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 is a federal law that states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."

This has been "interpreted" to mean if the schools don't run kangaroo courts against men accused of wrongdoing, they are discriminating against women.