Author Topic: must be something in the water in arizona  (Read 5005 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
must be something in the water in arizona
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:47:17 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/arizona-sheriff-facing-allegations-of-misconduct-forced-to-publically-announce-he-is-gay/2012/02/18/gIQA3Zr8LR_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

not a real fan of his but his private life is not really part of his performance.  were it not for his threat to deport his friend
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: must be something in the water in arizona
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 08:17:44 PM »
“This was a way, the hook, of how this could be brought out, and to malign and attack a sheriff who does stand for conservative principals, who does enforce the law.”

WTF does this even mean!?

Sadly, a double digit IQ is still too high for politicians.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 12:03:12 AM »
Journalistic fail - did not describe Babeu as "viciously anti-gay." When a Republican politician comes out, their record must always be described as "viciously anti-gay."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 06:11:24 PM »
were it not for his threat to deport his friend

You mean "alleged threat" right?  Innocent until proven guilty..........

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »
we'll see soon i'm betting
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 10:05:34 AM »
I'm surprised the gay marriage crowd hasn't seized on this as he couldn't marry the guy so he could stay.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »
I'm surprised the gay marriage crowd hasn't seized on this as he couldn't marry the guy so he could stay.
Dam, that's good!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »
the "other sheriff" is backing away from this one

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 11:01:53 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5vU-Fv8UlA&feature=related

does anyone really know whats on the paper he snagged?

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »
http://recoverynowtv.com/news/tasered-71-times-and-still-alive/

a poster child for
we can put whatever we want in our bodies.

poor sob  hope he got some real help. if i was a witness to someone tazed that many times still fighting i'd be looking for a wooden stake and a mallet. that video is gonna make a heck of a training tool

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 12:50:48 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5vU-Fv8UlA&feature=related

does anyone really know whats on the paper he snagged?

Only 10 days?  WTF, over? 

Then, there is the problem of assigning an apology for the offense.  I doubt were I to do something similar that I would get s slight a punishment.

Dude has demonstrated he lacks integrity and needs to find work elsewhere.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »
his lawyer was a piece of work. gotta love a lawyer defending a guy who snagged privileged document from the defense table.  i would like to know what he thought was a threat. i got lil love for any of the latino gangs but the burden of proof is on the deputy.  equally troubling was the way his peers and chain of command handled it.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »
his lawyer was a piece of work. gotta love a lawyer defending a guy who snagged privileged document from the defense table.  i would like to know what he thought was a threat. i got lil love for any of the latino gangs but the burden of proof is on the deputy.  equally troubling was the way his peers and chain of command handled it.

Latino gang, LEO gang, I am getting the same smell off both of them.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »
yea but one of them is pretending to be something they aren't.  the gang is at least genuine

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 07:47:02 PM »
Before this scandal even broke, it was somewhat an open secret that Babeu is gay.  He was very much the embodiment of "don't ask don't tell."   

It was going to come to the forefront sooner or later. Babeu and his handlers doing a good job of turning a corruption/abuse of power scandal into merely a "coming out" scandal.   

Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »
aside from this and that call in show with the nazis hes been relatively scandal free. his guys did the investigation on sheriff joe that cleaned out the inner circle.
if hes a good sheriff he should be allowed to be whoever he is.  unfortunately hes got a very conservative electorate. he handled coming out real well. if the claim he threatened his friend is groundless i hope he gets re elected

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 12:08:59 AM »
aside from this and that call in show with the nazis hes been relatively scandal free. his guys did the investigation on sheriff joe that cleaned out the inner circle.
if hes a good sheriff he should be allowed to be whoever he is.  unfortunately hes got a very conservative electorate. he handled coming out real well. if the claim he threatened his friend is groundless i hope he gets re elected

Well there's also a child abuse scandal now.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 09:56:35 AM »
i missed that  what happened

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 10:03:31 AM »
found it

http://www.blogforarizona.com/blog/2012/02/child-abuse-scandal-in-sheriff-paul-babeus-past.html

think arapio is gonna investigate?

babeau kept things a secret a while. otherwise some of the folk he investigated woulda leveraged him

• friends
Re: must be something in the water in arizona more
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 10:22:13 AM »