Author Topic: US DOJ Enables Illegal Alien Voting in Texas  (Read 4630 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
US DOJ Enables Illegal Alien Voting in Texas
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:37:56 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/justice-dept-opposes-texas-voter-id-law-144238429.html

The Justice Department's civil rights division on Monday objected to a new photo ID requirement for voters in Texas because many Hispanic voters lack state-issued identification.
Texas follows South Carolina as the second state in recent months to become embroiled in a court battle with the Justice Department over new photo ID requirements for voters.

Photo ID laws have become a point of contention in the 2012 elections. Liberal groups have said the requirements are the product of Republican-controlled state governments and are aimed at disenfranchising people who tend to vote Democratic — African-Americans, Hispanics, people of low-income and college students.

Proponents of such legislation say the measures are aimed at combating voter fraud. But advocacy groups for minorities and the poor dispute that and argue there is no evidence of significant voter fraud.

Yet more hispandering, and making voter fraud more likely.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: US DOJ Enables Illegal Alien Voting in Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »
Was any other response expected from the Obama administration? He needs all the votes he can get....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »
I have no idea how ID can be not required for voting, yet required for say, buying a firearm.

How can ID be required for boarding a plane, but not for voting?

birdman

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »
I have no idea how ID can be not required for voting, yet required for say, buying a firearm.

Or driving, or cashing a federal (or state) check, or obtaining a bank account, or buying beer/smokes, or picking up your newborn from the hospital, or renting a video, or getting a job (I9 requirements).
How come law enforcement, the TSA, etc. can ask for ID, but polling places can't?

Now, while some of those allow alternative ID, they are all derivative ID's that start with a SSN or birth certificate...and yet, we can't ask for those either (or at the least, compare databases to weed out dead/multiple registrations).

The whole "voter fraud doesn't occur" is better stated "there are so few investigations because the law makes it virtually impossible to prove or even investigate the type of fraud concerned here"

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 05:52:01 PM »

Cui bono. Ask yourself who benefits from foreigners, dead people and others being able to vote...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 08:38:41 PM »
Cui bono. Ask yourself who benefits from foreigners, dead people and others being able to vote...
Exactly right - Democrats depend on illegal voters.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 10:54:15 PM »
One by one the legs of the stool are chopped off.  Who, after we lose our 5-4 majority in SCOTUS, will believe in the Rule of Law?  And who is going to trust the results of this coming Election?  Goodbye Rule of Law, goodbye Suffrage.  And hello Tyranny.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 05:10:56 AM »
We no longer have rule of law, but rule of men.  Lots of evidence, but one of the more obvious was the GM & Chrysler bankruptcy proceedings.

Just recall that Rome lasted many years after the Republic died.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 08:43:58 AM »
Gee I wonder why Oklahoma's new voter ID law wasn't challenged? I had to show ID last week when I voted in our primary.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 09:05:27 AM »
Because Obama & Perry have been in a urination-projection contest for the last two years....the Feds have been finding new ways to come after Texas for everything from air quality to welfare funding....this is just one more shot across our bow....and our governor is firing back with a peashooter.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 12:39:17 PM »
We no longer have rule of law, but rule of men.  Lots of evidence, but one of the more obvious was the GM & Chrysler bankruptcy proceedings.

Just recall that Rome lasted many years after the Republic died.

So you're telling me there is more vote fraud in America now than there was before secret ballots?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 03:59:12 PM »
So you're telling me there is more vote fraud in America now than there was before secret ballots?
With the creation of motor voters laws which made it easier to register to vote, it also made it easier to create fake registrations. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 04:01:16 PM »
Because Obama & Perry have been in a urination-projection contest for the last two years....the Feds have been finding new ways to come after Texas for everything from air quality to welfare funding....this is just one more shot across our bow....and our governor is firing back with a peashooter.....
Texas is only a couple decades away from Democrat majorities in the state legislature.  There are still a lot of active Democrats here who sue for anything and everything.  They sue in court every time they reapportion the districts also. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »
With the creation of motor voters laws which made it easier to register to vote, it also made it easier to create fake registrations. 

You of course realize elections in America predate photo ID altogether, and that politics were at one point far more corrupt than anything conceivable today? That robber barons owned entire legislatures out of hand?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 04:41:07 PM »
You of course realize elections in America predate photo ID altogether, and that politics were at one point far more corrupt than anything conceivable today? That robber barons owned entire legislatures out of hand?

some of us realize
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »
Maybe some swaggerin' Texican will sponsor legislation designed to ridicule the asininity, aka Fed.gov, by introducing legislation that will flat out abolish the use of ID's, period. I agree it is a preposterous idea but so is the idea of presenting a legally valid ID to vote being a form of discrimination. Sort of a socially acceptable form of civil disobedience.

One other point.  Just because voter fraud is thought to be less today than it was in the past is no excuse for tolerating it now.  In my view the legitimacy of government is based in part on a viable means of electing legislators.  Introduce systemic corruption into the process and the issue of legitimacy looms larger.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:22:07 PM by Waitone »
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »

Why do you say that in the past tense?.....

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 01:33:49 AM »
So you think we should ignore it and do nothing? 

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 10:31:51 AM »
So you think we should ignore it and do nothing? 

I think "we" should not claim this will END THE REPUBLIC. The Republic had no ID requirements to vote in the founding era.

...can you imagine what Jefferson would have said about requiring an ID to travel, or to buy alcohol?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 11:46:53 AM »

I am.  A) Computerization.  B) MILLIONS of illegal aliens.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 12:06:42 PM »
It won't end The Republic, it will just turn America into Latin America, with all that implies. 
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.