Main Forums > The Mess Hall

I think I'll make this this weekend...

<< < (6/6)

zxcvbob:
I made it a couple of days ago with cheap breakfast sausage instead of chickpeas.  I added some fennel seed and red pepper flakes to the sausage to make it Italian-ish.  And I added diced red bell peppers at the end instead of adding chopped spinach.  I didn't want to drive all the way to Walmart just to get orzo so I used elbow macaroni.  Turned out great, but I think orzo works better than elbows.  (I'll stock up on orzo next time I goto Walmart)  This might be a good way to use up the frozen tomatoes in my deep freezer, and since they are not salted I can use bouillon instead of low-sodium chicken broth.

This will be a great dish to take to church potlucks.  I'll make it with orzo, sausage, and spinach.

K Frame:
I made it again this past weekend and I'm eating it for lunches this week.

I've been using Barilla whole grain penne. It adds a nice amount of "tooth" to it.

For this batch I used sweet corn as the main veggie addition. I REALLY like the bright sweetness the corn gives it.

K Frame:
This dish has become an absolute standard for me.

Making it again... with ground turkey, mushrooms, and a bag of spinach. I forgot to get corn. The sweet corn added a very nice flavor. I've got to remember to keep some on hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version