Author Topic: LAPD cop gone rogue?  (Read 38680 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: LAPD cop gone rogue?
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2013, 04:42:30 PM »
Torrance police Sgt. Chris Roosen said the officers were unhurt. He thanked the driver for cooperating in the investigation.

The concern was that the officers were unhurt?!? What about the innocent victim of over-zealousness / fear/ mistaken identity?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2013, 05:15:24 PM »
The concern was that the officers were unhurt?!? What about the innocent victim of over-zealousness / fear/ mistaken identity?

That's not really important.
"It's good, though..."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2013, 05:19:08 PM »
you will coopertate
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2013, 05:39:42 PM »
The second shooting involved Torrance police officers, who were stationed nearby in the event LAPD needed them. When the officers heard the gunshots, they headed toward

At that point, a driver in another pickup truck that look similar to Dorner's drove toward them on Flagler Lane near Beryl Street. Officers, suspecting it was Dorner, purposely collided with the truck and shot at him.

The driver wasn't hurt, avoiding bullets that had ripped through his windshield.

"I heard some man yell at somebody and I saw this argument on the street," said Ana Filova, a woman living in her car near Dominguez Park.

Filova said she heard someone yell "cuffs" and then heard two shots, followed by a pause and a third shot.

"I said, `Mama Mia, that's gunshots," she said. "I was scared. I was shaking from fear."

Torrance police Sgt. Chris Roosen said the officers were unhurt. He thanked the driver for cooperating in the investigation.

Officers did not identify the driver. Records showed the 2006 Honda pickup truck was registered to Lizzette Perdue of Redondo Beach. Purdue declined to talk to a reporter about who was driving her truck.

Say car ramrod!  Say car ramrod!

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2013, 06:10:37 PM »
Seems more like a case of Rambo (i.e. FIRST BLOOD) vs. The East German Stasi.....hard to know who to cheer for...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2013, 06:23:16 PM »
Seems more like a case of Rambo (i.e. FIRST BLOOD) vs. The East German Stasi.....hard to know who to cheer for...

It's a matter of hoping the citizen/bystander casualty count is minimal from both fields of fire..

As an aside, I have a hard time thinking that the burned truck wasn't misdirection. Willingly becoming the object of a manhunt in wild terrain doesn't make sense for this guy, to my mind.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2013, 06:24:47 PM »
Anyone have a good consolidated source of info for this case?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00:10 PM »
It's a matter of hoping the citizen/bystander casualty count is minimal from both fields of fire..

As an aside, I have a hard time thinking that the burned truck wasn't misdirection. Willingly becoming the object of a manhunt in wild terrain doesn't make sense for this guy, to my mind.

This guy isn't running wild. He is probably following a scripted plan he made up a long time ago.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2013, 07:05:05 PM »
Just another gang war in LaLa land  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

John G

« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2013, 07:33:09 PM »
Anyone have a good consolidated source of info for this case?

Here's a decent timeline of events so far, with links to various news sources:

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/184570/detailed_timeline_background_updates_about_former/
I like spiedies and old guns

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2013, 07:45:09 PM »
This guy isn't running wild. He is probably following a scripted plan he made up a long time ago.

Agreed.  I'd hate to be Joe Citizen and find him in my cabin, only able to confront him with a CA compliant firearm.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2013, 08:01:42 PM »
If anything he said is actually true. His former friend that went through college and into flight school with him said Dorner has a history of lying, including making false allegations to try to get him (the friend) kicked out of flight school

The LAPD has a history and a certain reputation.

Every so often the wolf is real.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2013, 08:10:49 PM »
I'm not saying that he isn't acting with concerted intent. I just think if he is, causing LE to divert resources to where he isn't would be tactically sound, allowing him to operate more freely in an environment he is familiar with. A final stand-off in the woods seems out of place with his stated objectives-causing mayhem and fear among the people who "wronged" him. I think the odds are good that he is not where they are looking.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2013, 08:16:36 PM »
I'm not saying that he isn't acting with concerted intent. I just think if he is, causing LE to divert resources to where he isn't would be tactically sound, allowing him to operate more freely in an environment he is familiar with. A final stand-off in the woods seems out of place with his stated objectives-causing mayhem and fear among the people who "wronged" him. I think the odds are good that he is not where they are looking.

You are probably right.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2013, 08:42:20 PM »
The LAPD are playing a very dangerous game whether they have a choice in it or not... sooner or later they are going to kill an innocent black man in this debacle and LA is going to burn like it has never burned before.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »
It's amazing they haven't already killed several people.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »
It's amazing they haven't already killed several people.

For once, we can be thankful for cops having poor marksmanship skills.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »
The LAPD has a history and a certain reputation.

Every so often the wolf is real.

Just pointing out he's a proven liar...

And pro-tip, if you're going to wage war, you don't publish a manifesto and *expletive deleted*it. You don't give up ANYTHING that's a possible clue to your future behaviors. In his manifesto he sounds smarter than he really is, IMHO, and that fits in with his past history.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2013, 10:00:11 PM »
TV news (NBC) reports the two Asian women shot by PD have lawyered up, the burned Dorner truck was most likey a plant, and he is probably far away in a second vehicle.

Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2013, 10:05:12 PM »
Just pointing out he's a proven liar...

And pro-tip, if you're going to wage war, you don't publish a manifesto and *expletive deleted*. You don't give up ANYTHING that's a possible clue to your future behaviors. In his manifesto he sounds smarter than he really is, IMHO, and that fits in with his past history.

Well, so far he's been smart enough to elude multiple LEO agancies efforts at capture exermination in a multi state manhunt.
I'd say he doesn't seem to really need your protip. Nor does he want it. He wants to make a scene. Can't make a scene without the manifesto.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2013, 10:15:47 PM »
Well, so far he's been smart enough to elude multiple LEO agancies efforts at capture exermination in a multi state manhunt.
I'd say he doesn't seem to really need your protip. Nor does he want it. He wants to make a scene. Can't make a scene without the manifesto.

They'll catch him sooner or later. Either that or some good ol' boy out in the boonies will...

He's gotta sleep sometime, he's gotta eat, he's gotta take shelter, and something will slow him up sooner or later (illness, injury, etc). Might even be betrayed sooner or later. I'd say he won't last long, it's only day 2, remember that.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:23:31 PM by Avenger29 »

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »
Note to self:
Quash urges to write any manifesto.  They never read as well to others as they do to one's self.  Also, do not rent dark, 4-door pickup on next trip to southern California.  If the local gendarmes can mistake two oriental gals for a black crazy man, no telling what they will think of me.  

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2013, 10:27:31 PM »
TV news (NBC) reports the two Asian women shot by PD have lawyered up, the burned Dorner truck was most likey a plant, and he is probably far away in a second vehicle.

Figures, seeing as there was probably no way he could have BOTH gotten the truck up into the Big Bear mountains/lake area, and also throw his old Navy ID on the side of the road near his old base down in San Diego.

Well, that's what, 150 miles? Maybe 200 if he went more NW along the coast into LA then hung east towards there? (Haven't been to CA since I was a kid.)

I promise not to duck.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2013, 10:30:24 PM »
Newz also reports that burned-out truck had a broken axle, and that he torched the guns he didn't take with him.

His bug-out plan may have been shifted to the alternate, but he still has managed to stay ahead of his pursuers so far.

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2013, 10:35:16 PM »
Newz also reports that burned-out truck had a broken axle, and that he torched the guns he didn't take with him.

Hmm now that move is making sense (although why not cache the extra stuff nearby?)...must have been in a hurry to evac the area.