Author Topic: The Hidden Life of Guns  (Read 2002 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
The Hidden Life of Guns
« on: December 16, 2010, 09:32:54 AM »
A Washington Post article about the NRA that has a lie and or error within the first paragraph. Even with the leftist slant of the article it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/14/AR2010121406045.html?tid=wp_featuredstories
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 09:52:35 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The Hidden Life of Guns
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 09:47:02 AM »
 =D 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
I wish the NRA had had enough ... "influence" over the BATF that it could have stopped the Horrors of Ruby Ridge and Waco..... :police: [tinfoil] [tinfoil] :facepalm:

I just love how the ink-stained hyenas in the press think more gun regulation is the answer, and still buy the canard that Sam's Sporting Goods is the source for all the evil rifles being smuggled into Mexico.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 11:28:27 AM »
The article insinuates that the NRA is one of the largest contributors to political campaigns, which is not true. It spends a lot on political ads, but doesn't give very much at all to candidates.

The article also misses the boat on Don from Don's Guns in Indianapolis. He's sore at the NRA because of the backlash against him following his appearance on TV news before the sunset of the AW ban. Standing in front of a wall of black rifles in his store, he said that the ban should continue, and there was no reason for people to own "assault weapons". From everything I've been told about him, he's a first-class jerk, and his appearance on the news cost him.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »
I got part-way through yje 4th paragraph.  I had to stop.

I say - let them (liberals, progressives, hoplophobes) believe the NRA is the giant political monster.

Just please do not make me read drivel like that again.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 02:49:04 PM »
The article also misses the boat on Don from Don's Guns in Indianapolis. He's sore at the NRA because of the backlash against him following his appearance on TV news before the sunset of the AW ban. Standing in front of a wall of black rifles in his store, he said that the ban should continue, and there was no reason for people to own "assault weapons".

Those of us from Indianapolis were mad at him long before his attempt to gain media approval.

I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »
Those of us from Indianapolis were mad at him long before his attempt to gain media approval.

Why? Does he park his car on his lawn? ;)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 06:57:41 PM »
Doesn't floss?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 11:33:10 PM »
I've heard he does but he uses your floss then puts it back in the package.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 11:59:19 PM »
I've heard he does but he uses your floss then puts it back in the package.

Thank goodness I never use that particular torture device.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 08:53:17 AM »
From the title, I thought it would have something to do with what happens between the AR and Garand in my safe after I close the door . . . (Just saw a Toy Story commercial. . . ) 

Gotta lay off that cold medication . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 01:33:33 PM »
When are the idiot Lefties, Dems, Politicians, MSM, and everybody else goint to learn that no firearm, no matter what kind, has ever stood up and shot someone.

The bad guys will always be able to obtain a firearm.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 02:18:53 PM »
Behind the scenes, federal agents in charge of stopping gun trafficking to Mexico have quietly advanced a plan to help stem the smuggling of high-powered AK-47s and AR-15s to the bloody drug war south of the border.

So low-powered AKs and ARs being what? .22 conversions?  :lol:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 01:24:33 AM »
That has has always been a source of amusement to me that liberals always seem to think an AR-15 is some super powerful weapon, but don't realize the bolt action 300WM rifle next to it much more powerful.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge