Author Topic: Flare guns  (Read 47752 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Flare guns
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2012, 11:18:47 PM »
Bought two.   =D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2012, 11:55:16 PM »
Bought two.   =D

Wielded John Woo style!
I promise not to duck.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2012, 07:46:36 AM »
Bought two.   =D

So with my two, your two, AJ's, 41mag's, that brings the APS total to 6?  So 1/500 of an esoteric eastern bloc overbuilt flare launcher's entire production is on this board?   Guys...I think we all need to confront a fact...we are odd people.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2012, 10:12:45 AM »
Wielded John Woo style!

I want to see a video of the reloading process.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2012, 03:55:05 PM »
Don't forget me! :mad: If they are still available I'll probably get another one in 2 weeks. >:D
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2012, 08:52:16 PM »
So with my two, your two, AJ's, 41mag's, that brings the APS total to 6?  So 1/500 of an esoteric eastern bloc overbuilt flare launcher's entire production is on this board?   Guys...I think we all need to confront a fact...we are odd people.

Nick, Balrog have one, I think.  I'm ordering a third. So yes, we'll own probably 1% or whatnot of all RV85's.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2012, 08:54:39 PM »
3?  Something cool or as an investment?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2012, 09:32:34 PM »
Confirmed, I have one.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2012, 09:40:26 PM »
3?  Something cool or as an investment?

One to DD, one to keep as a spare, one for destructive testing purposes if required. Picked up two at $199, and likely will get the third at $250.  Those prices will never be seen again.  Most places are going $300 now, supply is very fixed, price will only jump.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2012, 10:07:18 PM »
Hmm... 3, I like your thinking.  =D

Is there a specific type of Dana o-ring? It seems like there are different kinds, http://www.boatersplus.com/?subcats=Y&status=A&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&cid=0&q=dana+o-ring&x=0&y=0&dispatch=products.search???
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2012, 10:23:24 PM »
According to Bud's web site, they are out of stock and they don't know when they'll be available. Freakazoid, are you SURE you have one coming?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2012, 10:36:42 PM »

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2012, 04:54:02 PM »
A quick warning to those lucky enough to be buying two or more of these RV85's.

I've asked on Grog's board, since some of you are still waiting on registration confirmations, and I just talked to my own FFL today picking something else up. He is a Type 09 FFL with his SOT 1, so it's his business to know these things.

Possession of "DD Ammo" (I'm talking non register-able, under 1/4oz of explosives, just shot, solids, baton, balls etc.) and an unregistered RV85 constitutes "constructive intent", even if one of your RV85's is a registered DD and you only shoot the DD ammo through it.

My FFL says at a minimum, the non registered "non-firearm" RV85's ought to be kept in a separate safe away from any DD ammo, even better if it's in a separate building or residence.

Just FYI.
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2012, 06:03:55 PM »
Do these have to be delivered to an FFL in all states, or just CA? I was just on the Bud's site to reserve a pair (because MrsSmith wouldn't let me get one unless she got one too) and they want my FFL's info. Which sucks, because in this commie town transfer fees are $75 per firearm. I might have to check the FFLs up at my folks' place to see if they're a bit more reasonable.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2012, 06:05:58 PM »
Everything I've read says no FFL, not sure why CA would be different.  Could it be that Bud's has them entered into their system as a full blown firearm by mistake?

Edit:  I think I'm right, I just added it to a cart at Bud's and started the checkout and it wanted FFL info for me in Montana.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:09:06 PM by 41magsnub »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2012, 06:14:23 PM »
Everything I've read says no FFL, not sure why CA would be different.  Could it be that Bud's has them entered into their system as a full blown firearm by mistake?

Edit:  I think I'm right, I just added it to a cart at Bud's and started the checkout and it wanted FFL info for me in Montana.

Thanks for checking that (I can never tell what's normal firearms-wise in the US, versus in CA)! I also was reading "No FFL" so don't know why they're asking for one to complete the checkout process. Perhaps ordering them the old fashioned way, over the phone will bypass that?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2012, 06:22:19 PM »
Buds?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2012, 06:25:26 PM »

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2012, 06:31:42 PM »
All that said, what makes you think Bud's is going to get any more?

If you really wanted to get this done you could overnight an order form and money order to the original link in the OP.  They are capping the orders at 40 and there are open slots right now.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2012, 07:08:39 PM »
A quick warning to those lucky enough to be buying two or more of these RV85's.

I've asked on Grog's board, since some of you are still waiting on registration confirmations, and I just talked to my own FFL today picking something else up. He is a Type 09 FFL with his SOT 1, so it's his business to know these things.

Possession of "DD Ammo" (I'm talking non register-able, under 1/4oz of explosives, just shot, solids, baton, balls etc.) and an unregistered RV85 constitutes "constructive intent", even if one of your RV85's is a registered DD and you only shoot the DD ammo through it.

My FFL says at a minimum, the non registered "non-firearm" RV85's ought to be kept in a separate safe away from any DD ammo, even better if it's in a separate building or residence.

Just FYI.

If there's only one machine that can fire the DD ammo, separate safes are not going to help you there.  Don't possess the DD ammo for the flare gun unless you have a stamp to cover it.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2012, 08:00:34 PM »
All that said, what makes you think Bud's is going to get any more?

If you really wanted to get this done you could overnight an order form and money order to the original link in the OP.  They are capping the orders at 40 and there are open slots right now.

Just PM'd the admin over there to make sure it was okay for a new guy interloper to horn in on their group buy and get two of them. Hitting the post office tomorrow morning. :)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2012, 08:35:31 PM »
If there's only one machine that can fire the DD ammo, separate safes are not going to help you there.  Don't possess the DD ammo for the flare gun unless you have a stamp to cover it.

I agree.

I'd only feel good about it if unregistered extras were kept in a different house, or they were all registered as DD's.

I promise not to duck.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2012, 08:55:07 PM »
Just PM'd the admin over there to make sure it was okay for a new guy interloper to horn in on their group buy and get two of them. Hitting the post office tomorrow morning. :)

Okay. I'll make you sammiches.  =D
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2012, 10:43:53 PM »
Nick, Balrog have one, I think.  I'm ordering a third. So yes, we'll own probably 1% or whatnot of all RV85's.

I bought one. Does that make me a 1%er?  :O
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2012, 08:40:40 AM »
I bought one. Does that make me a 1%er?  :O

Birdman 2, my 3, AJ's 1, 41mag's 1, Nick's 1, Balrog's 1, Ben's 2, freak's 1, your 1.  We're well on the way to becoming the 1%.