Author Topic: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris  (Read 21872 times)

Andiron

• friend
Re: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 07:59:41 PM »
I worry about them, they leave one country where they are being killed for who they are only to arrive in a "western" country where they also need to fear for their lives because people are setting fire to camp because of who they are.

Probably time to start policing their own.  I keep hearing how 99.9% of muslims are peace loving,  shouldn't be that hard to quell the ones doing this *expletive deleted*it.  

And celebrating these atrocities doesn't make me any more inclined towards sympathy.

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 08:00:22 PM »
Uh no. They had to travel through several muslim friendly countries to get to places like sweden and germany, and then it was mainly men who came.

Q: What do you call it when thousands of men between the ages of 17 and 45 come across your border?
A: An invasion.

Most of those "friendly" countries are eastern European *expletive deleted*it holes.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 08:03:43 PM »
Uh no. They had to travel through several muslim friendly countries to get to places like sweden and germany, and then it was mainly men who came.

Q: What do you call it when thousands of men between the ages of 17 and 45 come across your border?

AFAIK Syrians didn't have a say in having their country blown to hell.. and "Muslim friendly countries" might not be so friendly. AND... European governments could have protected their borders and said NO to mass immigration.

So what does that mean? On the one hand you have NATO governments destabilizing the ME through subterfuge and material support of terror groups, stoking the fires of war, and then on the other hand those very same governments fail to secure their own borders and allow their meddling mess to come back home. Seems to me the people need to throw out their rulers.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2015, 08:05:29 PM »
Probably time to start policing their own.  I keep hearing how 99.9% of muslims are peace loving,  shouldn't be that hard to quell the ones doing this *expletive deleted*it.  

And celebrating these atrocities doesn't make me any more inclined towards sympathy.

.1% of 1,570,000,000 is a lot of people and make it seem like a majority like number. 1.57 Billion is the estimated number of Muslims worldwide.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 08:10:09 PM »
.1% of 1,570,000,000 is a lot of people and make it seem like a majority like number. 1.57 Billion is the estimated number of Muslims worldwide.

Works both ways.  That many more of their brethren to stomp this bullshit.

Not that I really think it would work,  but if a tiny fraction is radical enough to do this,  a larger one is complicit and happy to watch. (and celebrate,  it seems).
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 08:16:07 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3317776/Machine-gun-fire-heard-central-Paris-police-flood-scene-not-far-Charlie-Hebdo-shootings.html

From the article:

The terrorists shouted 'Allah Akbar' and 'this is for Syria' as they burst in and opened fire, witnesses have said

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2015, 08:20:09 PM »
Works both ways.  That many more of their brethren to stomp this bullshit.

Not that I really think it would work,  but if a tiny fraction is radical enough to do this,  a larger one is complicit and happy to watch. (and celebrate,  it seems).
Naturally. Just as gun owning Michiganders are responsible for Tim McVeigh.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2015, 08:24:50 PM »
Naturally. Just as gun owning Michiganders are responsible for Tim McVeigh.

or

Complacent or feared for their lives?

Something could be said of the Germans in the 1930s and not stepping up to stop a minority fraction of their population.

Uranus is a gas giant.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2015, 08:29:08 PM »
Good grief!

This attack on Paris is huge, perpetrated by members of a relatively small, closed off community. Don't tell me someone didn't hear a rumor.

When I say police their own, at least for the ones in Europe, that could be as simple as just informing authorities of rumors.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »
Now being reported by Sky News as at least 120 dead in the theater and 40 killed elsewhere.  There were 1200+ people listening to a band from California performing there.
Five shooters killed, apparently.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 08:53:51 PM »

Is there a single place in the world that you'd live in that has a majority muslim population? didn't think so.
Once you wrap your head around the idea that islam is not a religeon but a military/political movement, it'll make sense.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 08:57:03 PM »
Most of those "friendly" countries are eastern European *expletive deleted*it holes.
Why isn't Turkey taking them in? hmmm?
Greece is purposely aiding them and letting them through, that point I'll give you. Its their payback to the EU for the concessions greece had to give in order to be bailed out by the germans.

Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2015, 08:59:07 PM »
Is there a single place in the world that you'd live in that has a majority muslim population? didn't think so.
Once you wrap your head around the idea that islam is not a religeon but a military/political movement, it'll make sense.

I would live in UAE or Azerbaijan if there were an economic opportunity for me.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2015, 09:01:36 PM »
Why isn't Turkey taking them in? hmmm?
Greece is purposely aiding them and letting them through, that point I'll give you. Its their payback to the EU for the concessions greece had to give in order to be bailed out by the germans.

Turkey has taken a lot of them.

Uranus is a gas giant.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2015, 09:15:32 PM »
I would live in UAE or Azerbaijan if there were an economic opportunity for me.

I've been to the UAE several times. Ok they are moderate, rich, whatever. The people are still racist and they don't like anyone not them. they will tolerate you as long as you are handy. Oh, and not many trees to look after either.  :P
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2015, 09:18:15 PM »
Silver lining for the idiots in charge here. France enacted martial law including the right to confiscate weapons. With that in mind I'm sure some in government are hoping for an attack here.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2015, 09:19:57 PM »

Lots of western people enjoy Dubai  =D

I think that it is a mistake to view any of this as a purely religious issue. One and a half billion people do not all think the same way or know each other for that matter. Sorry, but the problem isn't as simple as "because mooslim". Now if you want to blame a group of Muslims for all the bad things going on, I would take a hard look at the Saudi Royalty, but since they are officially allies of the US government, our attention is usually nudged in a different direction. Sure, Syrians are the problem  ;/

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2015, 09:22:37 PM »
I worry about them, they leave one country where they are being killed for who they are only to arrive in a "western" country where they also need to fear for their lives because people are setting fire to camp because of who they are.

Maybe the problem is "who they are"?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2015, 09:34:35 PM »

In which, last I checked, they aren't shooting at each other (much)...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2015, 09:50:40 PM »
Death toll now up to 150, and latest reports are that there were attacks in at least seven locations.

Meanwhile, our fearless intelligence community is hard at work:

At this hour, there is no credible or specific threat in the United States, according to a U.S. government official. An FBI spokesperson said the agency and the Department of Homeland Security were closely monitoring the unfolding events.

And I'm sure that, right up until the moment the shooting started, there were no "credible or specific" threats in Paris. I don't know which pisses me off more -- that our government thinks we're all that stupid, or that they're mostly right.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2015, 09:52:03 PM »
Turkey has taken a lot of them.

Turkey has not "taken them in"  They are in refugee camps along the border.  Turkey has been moving them through to Greece partly because they hate Greece and also to relieve pressure on their southern border.  

The "refugees" know which countries have the best freebies, which is why they want to head to Hungary, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and the like.  They don't want to stay in Greece, Blugaria, Romania, or any of the former Yugoslavia states, no freebies there, and they are hated.  (See: Battle of Mohács, The Siege of Vienna [which is where crescent rolls come from], the Battle of Vienna, and the War of the Holy League/Great Turkish War.  History is important in this part of the world, so there's no excuse for being ignorant of it.)

Plus again, the vast majority of these "refugees" are military age men.  Idle hands and all that....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2015, 09:54:18 PM »
Death toll now up to 150, and latest reports are that there were attacks in at least seven locations.

Meanwhile, our fearless intelligence community is hard at work:

And I'm sure that, right up until the moment the shooting started, there were no "credible or specific" threats in Paris. I don't know which pisses me off more -- that our government thinks we're all that stupid, or that they're mostly right.

Topped off the mags of the 1911's and Sig P227.  AR mags are already filled.  Given that Wheaton is Born Again Christian Central, I would not be surprised if they tried *expletive deleted*it here.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2015, 10:03:26 PM »

This
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2015, 10:04:01 PM »
Lots of western people enjoy Dubai  =D

I think that it is a mistake to view any of this as a purely religious issue. One and a half billion people do not all think the same way or know each other for that matter. Sorry, but the problem isn't as simple as "because mooslim". Now if you want to blame a group of Muslims for all the bad things going on, I would take a hard look at the Saudi Royalty, but since they are officially allies of the US government, our attention is usually nudged in a different direction. Sure, Syrians are the problem  ;/

*expletive deleted*ck dubai and the people who patronize it. Its a modern center of slavery.

Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2015, 10:05:23 PM »
Let's not forget...

This morning our prescient commander in chief said that ISIS is contained and decapitated...

I feel better already.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.