Author Topic: Argentinian-style Inflation in the US: Global Warming for Right Wingers?  (Read 8136 times)

agricola

• friend
Is it me or do things Argentine seem especially popular in your government about now?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article7047405.ece

:mad:
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Nick1911

• Administrator
My insurance company use to offer HSA as an option.

Then they figured out that if they dropped it, and offered FSA accounts instead, whatever the member doesn't spend in a given year = profit!

Yay!  Capitalism!

MicroBalrog

• friend
And many, if not most, have no idea what it means to be conservative, IMO.  It's just the latest fashionable thing to call themselves.

This. How many people are actually conservative on the issues?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

sanglant

• friend

Then they figured out that if they dropped it, and offered FSA accounts instead, whatever the member doesn't spend in a given year = profit!

Yay!  Capitalism!
the FSA account is still a good deal for people that KNOW they will spend all the money. =D those that don't, well hopefully they will learn in the first year. :facepalm:

drewtam

• friend
This. How many people are actually conservative on the issues?

Depends which issues. You can't combine all unrelated complex issues into 1 bag and say "you have to accept the whole bag or your not a conservative"

Does abortion and embryonic stem cell research have anything to do with NASA policy or funding the NEA?
Does gun rights have any bearing on reducing deficits and cutting taxes?
Do the wars in Iraq and Afghan have any relation to the purchase of GM and Chrysler to prop them up?
Does drilling for domestic oil have any affect on LGBT marriage?

No, no, no, and no...

Yet every single one of these is considered a part of the conservative issue bag. Some of these issues, people are conservative about and some aren't. Its not an all or nothing proposition.

Furthermore, in the scheme of things, the NEA is so far down on the list compared to fighting National Healthcare and Social Security. If someone agreed with killing NHS and SS, but disagreed on NEA; I would still consider them conservative.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Righties love the debtors' story of our government because it allows them to attempt a rational justification for the way they want to govern.

???

What is the "debtors' story"?

How do righties want to govern? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Never mind.  I guess I need the secret decoder ring.   =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sanglant

• friend
drewtam, how much reading have you done on embryonic stem cell research? everything i can find says it's really the wrong road. adult based seems to work better faster and with less trouble. =)

almost related link because i can't find any of the on topic links now.=| i gotta get rid of these headaches. :facepalm:

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net

Yay!  Capitalism!

???

Think that should be "Yay!  Quasi-Capitalism response to restrictive government intervention into the markets!"
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Nick1911

• Administrator
???

Think that should be "Yay!  Quasi-Capitalism response to restrictive government intervention into the markets!"

Well....

Actually, yea, it should.

Nick1911

• Administrator
I actually work in the health insurance industry.

It's insane, the number of laws and restrictions we comply with.

Just a few weeks ago, we got word that a new law was passed, and we now have to electronically submit all claims data, in a identifiable way to the state of Minnesota for anyone we insure who lives in that state.

red headed stranger

• friend
And many, if not most, have no idea what it means to be conservative, IMO.  It's just the latest fashionable thing to call themselves.

Agreed.  Many people I know claim conservatism mainly because they have bought the idea that liberal simply means "birkenstock wearing, sushi eating, latte drinking, prius driving weenie." 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
I actually work in the health insurance industry.

It's insane, the number of laws and restrictions we comply with.

Just a few weeks ago, we got word that a new law was passed, and we now have to electronically submit all claims data, in a identifiable way to the state of Minnesota for anyone we insure who lives in that state.

How is that not a violation of HIPAA?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Nick1911

• Administrator

Cause it's the government, man.  Our requirements person and legal team is still sifting through it.

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/hpsc/dap/cdireports/grppurch/index.html

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net

Cause it's the government, man.  Our requirements person and legal team is still sifting through it.

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/hpsc/dap/cdireports/grppurch/index.html

I will laugh hysterically when an MN hospital gets fined/sanctioned/raided/closed for violating federal law because they were following state law that threatened to fine/sanction/raid/close if they did not comply.

Welcome to modern law, eh?