Author Topic: Dems are scared. Beware. Dems are scared  (Read 8135 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Dems are scared. Beware. Dems are scared
« on: March 24, 2010, 05:49:24 PM »
This can't end good. And I mean for us, not the Dems. The Dems are trying to get attention about their safety because people who don't agree/support their agenda might be a problem. This will get some legs.

http://foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&content=35734252&pageNum=-1

More than 10 lawmakers have complained they've received threats since the House voted Sunday on a health insurance overhaul, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said Wednesday, and law enforcement officials are taking the allegations seriously.

Federal law enforcement officials are looking into at least two possible threats directed at members of Congress and their families that Democrats suggest are related to their vote for health care reform. 

"The incidents of threats whether in person or through telephones or through other communication devices, have given great concern to members, for the safety of themselves and their families," Hoyer told reporters.

"Clearly our democracy is about participation. Our democracy is about differing and debate, and animated debate and passionate debate -- but it is not about violence," he added. "It is about making sure that everybody in America feels free to express their opinion  ... without subjecting themselves their family or others to behavior, and frankly criminal behavior, in some respects, that undermines our democracy."

House Rules Committee Chairwoman Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y., said Wednesday the FBI is investigating recent vandalism at her office in Niagara Falls, adding the incident was "a dreadful thing." 

"The man doing it said it was because it will prevent civil war," Slaughter said. 

The New York lawmaker said she was not concerned about threats to her other offices because they all have security guards. 

But Slaughter said she thought it was part of a pattern.

A spokesman at the FBI's Richmond field office confirmed to Fox News that the FBI has visited the home of Rep. Tom Perriello's brother, following a report that a propane gas line was found cut. 

Perriello's office confirmed that a line to a propane tank on a gas grill was cut at Bo Periello's Charlottesville home on Tuesday. Tea Party activists had posted the address online thinking it was the congressman's home, telling opponents to drop by and "express their thanks" for his vote. 

FBI spokesman Mo Myers would not confirm whether an official investigation is underway, but said the FBI is working with local authorities. He said no one was hurt in the incident at Perriello's brother's home. 

The complaints have escalated since Democratic lawmakers said they were accosted over the weekend by protesters on Capitol Hill in the run-up to Sunday's vote.

Several black lawmakers said that as they were walking by protesters Saturday on their way to a procedural vote on Capitol Hill, a group of demonstrators shouted at them and called them the n-word.

"They were just shouting, harassing," Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., said.

In addition, Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, a black congressman from Missouri, said he was spit on by someone in the crowd who was later detained.

Tea Party protesters, though, dispute those accounts, saying they never heard racially charged language in the crowd. The man detained for allegedly spitting at Cleaver was also let go after, according to Capitol Police, Cleaver was unable to positively identify him.

Cleaver's office said the congressman chose not to press charges.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Dems are scared. Beware. Dems are scared
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 06:11:40 PM »
Watch for this:

If the Tea Party doesn't knuckle under to GOP "persuasion," then the GOP will side with the Dems to label it a Terrorist Group.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 06:12:02 PM »
There's a term for the Dems' gambit: passive aggression.  Most of us have seen it work its magic at home...

If they want to label 150 million of us "terrorists," rock on.  What conservatives have to keep hammering is the idea that the Obama cabal has done great violence to this Republic.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:16:55 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 06:22:48 PM »
I imagine most congress critters get a constant stream of death threats and hate mail, no matter what they are doing (or not doing).  Nice to know they can use it as a political tool when it suits them.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 06:26:28 PM »
Its just a warm up compared to the immigration fight.  Prepare to be called every kind of hate-monger in the book when that starts...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 06:40:11 PM »
Unfortunately, we are going to have to develop very thick skins and eventually embrace the opprobrium.  I suggest we do it with derisive laughter.  

It is not conservatives who are beating up people at Tea Parties or going on mass wilding explosions in Philadelphia.  No one is fooled.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:54:15 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 06:42:47 PM »
Rules for Radicals, huh?

Humiliate your enemy.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 07:08:24 PM »
Watch for this:

If the Tea Party doesn't knuckle under to GOP "persuasion," then the GOP will side with the Dems to label it a Terrorist Group.
Gimme a break.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 07:12:16 PM »
"The incidents of threats whether in person or through telephones or through other communication devices, have given great concern to members, for the safety of themselves and their families," Hoyer told reporters.

"Clearly our democracy is about participation. Our democracy is about differing and debate, and animated debate and passionate debate -- but it is not about violence," he added. "It is about making sure that everybody in America feels free to express their opinion  ... without subjecting themselves their family or others to behavior, and frankly criminal behavior, in some respects, that undermines our democracy."

Republic people. We live in a Republic.

And I'm glad to hear one news outlet reminding about violence and threats against republicans, some recent. Sad that it's only Fox reporting about violence against the Republicans. But hey. That's ok in the Liberal World.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 07:14:24 PM »

They are already labled such. Remember the DHS "Right Wing Extremist Report".

Abraham Lincoln

Inor

• Just this guy
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 07:57:20 PM »
I am amazed at how the MSM will be used so willingly.  Some of our "crazies" shout a few things in frustration and it makes national news.  The one they are playing over and over again on the radio here is some lady leaving Stupak (sp?) a voice mail calling him a "piece of s__t".  She was not threatening him or anything. - Just calling him a disagreeable (and correct) name.

How does that square with the leftie protestors standing outside the funeral homes calling the surviving family members of our KIA soldiers far worse DURING THE FUNERAL?  The MSM does not bother to report much about that.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 08:27:58 PM »
I don't think they're scared anymore. Democrats will use the passage of this health care law in upcoming elections against Republicans. They will try to make anyone who was against this look bad.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 08:28:47 PM »
Everything I ever needed to learn about politics I got from watching pro wrestling as a kid. The crossdressing/turban wearing/ anti-american bad guy will whine to the ref about an alleged illegal choke hold while his partner or coach blindsides the good guy with a folding chair.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 09:53:02 PM »
My advice to the Dems: don't tease the bear.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »
I wonder how many of them are making it up or stretching the truth for some air time and woe is me stichk.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 11:22:33 PM »
My advice to the Dems: don't tease the bear.

They need us, we don't need them.     :cool:

Meanwhile ...

428 days down, 1033 days to go.  Will the Republic survive ?     :O

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 11:24:50 PM »
House Rules Committee Chairwoman Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y., said Wednesday the FBI is investigating recent vandalism at her office in Niagara Falls, adding the incident was "a dreadful thing."

"The man doing it said it was because it will prevent civil war," Slaughter said.

Talking about Van der Boegh and the Window War there.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 01:00:55 AM »
Fox is now reporting that the FBI is investigating. I wonder if the Feds will investigate tjr threats
of death towards the republican congress critter who held up then extension of unemployment benefits. This was les than a month ago, I forget his name. But he recieved death threats. Or is it just a crime when it's against a democrat.

Abraham Lincoln

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 01:19:00 AM »
it's not a crime when the speaker does it. [popcorn] kinda like the Nixon defense. =D

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 01:35:37 AM »
Probability of these threats originating from dem political operatives?

1. Coffin on lawn
2. Gas line cut
3. phone call informing target (Dem) that snipers have been deployed to kill children of those who voted for the healthcare bill

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34982.html
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 01:40:58 AM »
This will get ugly, out of control. Now they have a reason to restrict guns, even if the dems are behind it.

Abraham Lincoln

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 08:06:26 AM »
I wonder how many of them are making it up or stretching the truth for some air time and woe is me stichk.

Why do you wonder? Is the concept of a Democrat (or a politician of any stripe, for that matter) stretching the truth something new to you?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
Democrats & liberals (there's a difference?) usually engage in accusing their opponents of the very actions they and their supporters are engaging in.

Remember the last election when tires were slashed? It turned out to be Democrat campaign workers. 

One of the antigun/antihunting organizations had a "Shoot a Sign" campaign a while back, encouraging their members to shoot up roadsigns so that hunters would be blamed.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the threats were coming from Democrat supporters with the idea to blame conservatives.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

grampster

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 09:33:27 AM »
As for guns:  If the D's start to make more of an issue about guns, they need to be reminded if the Constitution makes health care a right (even tho it doesn't say so, specifically) then the 2A not only annunciates kaba, it may also require the .fedgov to actually buy/give us a firearm and ammo if we can't afford to do so ourselves.  At any rate, the 2A requires me to be armed.

D's have backed themselves into a corner with this "legislation".  I'm now going to start demanding that the .fedgov provide me with a free home, a free car, free food, free clothing inter alia.  If health care is a right under promoting the "General Welfare" then the aforementioned must be as well.  It's cold, I need clothes, I need to work, so I need transportation, I'm hungry, so give me food, I live in Michigan, so I need shelter from the elements ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 10:26:28 AM »
How does that square with the leftie protestors standing outside the funeral homes calling the surviving family members of our KIA soldiers far worse DURING THE FUNERAL?

Had to correct this. Those people arn't leftie protesters, those people are fking nuts. Their the Westboro Baptist Church and its practically a hate filled cult, they hate gays, the military, and I'm pretty sure everyone else in the world. Calling them lefties is like calling them Christians, their NOT.  If code Pink or anyone far leftie groups are protesting soldiers funerals, this would be the first I'm hearing about it. The only group I know that's disgusting enough to protest at a funeral is the Westboro Baptist Church.