Author Topic: USA #1! USA! USA!  (Read 8138 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: USA #1! USA! USA!
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 01:42:38 PM »
Hey, were we talking about taxing commies or something?

Why, yes....Obama was mentioned once or twice.....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 08:29:57 PM »
I'm not in favor of higher taxes for anyone really, but the fact is, we've spent ourselves into a mess and no one is willing to pull the plug on grandma,the Pentagon, the War on Whatever,  socialized medicine (which we've had in many ways for years) or a thousand other programs.  David Stockman didn't buy the BS and neither does Warren Buffet.  Dropping corporate taxes might help - but there is still going to be a big disparity between doing business in places like China and India vs. the west. It cracks me up when people complain about government regulation of business, and then say' "that's why they're all moving to China" LOL.  We'll see how that works out in the long run...or our kids will. 

It's been long time since I read Atlas Shrugged (which I need to do again), but the Hank Reardons of 2011 would likely take the tax break, while continuing to make products with slave labor in China, buying 20 mansions around the globe, stashing cash overseas, cutting checks for Lush Rumbaugh, buying up the forfeited property lost by folks on the scam investment tools their companies created, or sold, and laugh at the "little schmucks" who think their work has value. 

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 11:19:27 PM »
I'm not in favor of higher taxes for anyone really, but the fact is, we've spent ourselves into a mess and no one is willing to pull the plug on grandma,the Pentagon, the War on Whatever,  socialized medicine (which we've had in many ways for years) or a thousand other programs.......

So do you raise taxes?   
I have heard the video of the protesters up in Wisconsin chanting "take the taxes from the top," meaning of course they don't want unions to lose their collective bargaining rights or suffer any type of compromise while they earn $100,000 in their government jobs while the taxpayers who ultimatly pay their salaries are earning half that.
You can tax the high end millionairs but the fact is there's not enough of them to make up the shortfall.
Nationally we're in a deep pickle .... the  repukeagains are going after small stuff like NPR and so forth, while the d@mn democr@ps are whining like stuck little piggies trying to protect their little feifdoms .... all over small things.
The entitlement stuff is the BIG enchilada and will have to be attacked through a different means (legislatively) rather than through funding .....but as the demonrats are so whiney about NPR and stuff I wonder what they'll do when ....IF ....  ??? .... the repugs get to them.    [popcorn]

You might think after the 2010 election there'd be a lesson.... but there's old SorryCharlie Schumer out there telling the repugs they have to abandon the Tea Party if they want any kind of deal.

So I guess the 14 trillion deficit is only a stepping stone on the way to a 21 trillion deficit .... for the Schumers, Pelosis, et al of the democr*p party.......
 :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 03:45:33 PM »
And I'm bumping this because as of today, the USA is now the number 1 country in the world for corporate taxes.

That's SURE to help our recovery.

http://blogs.reuters.com/james-pethokoukis/2011/03/31/no-april-fools-joke-u-s-now-world%E2%80%99s-highest-corporate-taxer/
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought