Main Forums > The Roundtable

From 2 vehicles to none in 1 hour.

(1/13) > >>

Kingcreek:
Unfreakinbelievable timing.
The new vehicle we ordered last year is on the dealers lot 50 miles away. Supposed to get it tomorrow 10 days short of 1 year.
I hand washed our ford fusion for the private buyer that wanted to get it yesterday and paid cash.
My wife picked me up in the rubicon and I drove home. Right away I said what the hell is going on with the Jeep? When did this start? She had no idea a brake is locking up and it’s like driving with one foot on the gas and one on the brake. Engine is working hard and tranny is downshifting.
I’m guessing it’s a brake hose collapsing when hot. It was fine after it cooled off and this morning.
ABS and TC lights came on briefly a couple times but I’m hoping the wheel drag triggered that and not the other way around.
Got it in the shop. If they can’t get it right today I’ll be renting a car to get home tonight and to go get another car tomorrow.

Brad Johnson:
Embrace the chaos. Let it feed the darkness festering in your soul. Yes... good... I can sense your anger...

Seriously, that sucks. Glad the Fusion sale went through, and that the new ride is ready and waiting. Fingers crossed the Jeep is something simple.

Brad

lee n. field:

--- Quote from: Kingcreek on April 15, 2024, 10:27:45 AM ---Unfreakinbelievable timing.
The new vehicle we ordered last year is on the dealers lot 50 miles away. Supposed to get it tomorrow 10 days short of 1 year.
I hand washed our ford fusion for the private buyer that wanted to get it yesterday and paid cash.
My wife picked me up in the rubicon and I drove home. Right away I said what the hell is going on with the Jeep? When did this start? She had no idea a brake is locking up and it’s like driving with one foot on the gas and one on the brake. Engine is working hard and tranny is downshifting.
I’m guessing it’s a brake hose collapsing when hot. It was fine after it cooled off and this morning.
--- End quote ---

I had exactly that happen with out Ford Escape earlier this year.  Would drive OK for a little bit, then start dragging hard.  Was high time to get the brakes looked at anyway.

Kingcreek:
My wife is of the strong opinion that we sold the wrong vehicle.
I said we can manage with one vehicle for a couple days. What could go wrong?

dogmush:

--- Quote from: Kingcreek on April 15, 2024, 11:32:12 AM ---My wife is of the strong opinion that we sold the wrong vehicle.
I said we can manage with one vehicle for a couple days. What could go wrong?

--- End quote ---

Is she getting the Kia as her new primary driver?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version