Author Topic: Anti Radical Islam Film Yanked  (Read 20455 times)

Bigjake

• friend
Anti Radical Islam Film Yanked
« on: March 23, 2008, 10:44:42 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340771,00.html

FOXNews.com
U.S. Web Host Pulls Dutch Lawmaker's Site Promoting Anti-Islam Film

Sunday , March 23, 2008

FC1
ADVERTISEMENT

A northern Virginia-based Internet host provider has suspended the Web site set up by a Dutch politician to promote his new film critical of Islam, after a spate of complaints and fears of a possible backlash, the French news service Agence France Presse reported.

Network Solutions pulled Dutch Member of Parliament Geert Wilders' page Sunday while it reviewed whether its contents conformed to company policy forbidding offensive material, according to the report.

Over the past few weeks, angry mobs in Pakistan and Afghanistan have demonstrated against the film, which they say is as an insult to Islam.

Dutch lawmakers had urged Wilders to drop the project, fearing a repeat of the kind of protests seen worldwide following the publication in a Danish newspaper of cartoons depicting the prophet Muhammed  protests which led to tightened security at embassies across the Muslim world.

Network Solutions said it took Wilder's site offline due to technical reasons including "excessive use of services which shall impair the fair use of other Network Solutions customers", the report stated.

The far-right lawmaker planned to make the 15-minute film available to viewers over the Internet after failing to find a distributor. Although Wilders' Web site is offline, he said Sunday that he still wants to put out the movie "on the Internet quickly," though he did not specify how, AFP reported.

Wilders told FOX News in January that he believed Western culture was better off than the "retarded" Islamic culture. He also likened the Koran to Adolf Hilter's book, 'Mein Kampf.'

Just in time too!  We wouldn't want to offend those mythical "radical" Muslims.

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Anti Islam Film Yanked
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 10:45:55 AM »
The nice thing about the Web is that videos and other content are viral. The more someone tries to suppress something, the wider the distribution. Censors can only play a losing game of whack-a-mole.

Lots of people will see it, don't worry.

I should also note, it's not an "anti-Islam" film, it's an anti-extreme-Islamist film. The film-maker had good reason to make it, what with Theo Van Gogh's assassination   and all.

If you want to watch it, there will be plenty of places. If you don't, you don't have to look for it. But people will watch it and go jihad anyway, not understanding "free speech".

I just don't want to hear anyone saying they went and looked for it, watched it, and got offended. Nobody held their eyelids open and forced them to watch it.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 12:05:36 PM »
... speaking of which, whatever happened to Anonymous vs. Scientology?
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

The Viking

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 01:45:22 PM »
... speaking of which, whatever happened to Anonymous vs. Scientology?
Anonymous commited suicide. Shot himself in the head. 18 times. With a revolver. Move along people, nothing to see here...

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »
The nice thing about the Web is that videos and other content are viral. The more someone tries to suppress something, the wider the distribution. Censors can only play a losing game of whack-a-mole.

Lots of people will see it, don't worry.

I should also note, it's not an "anti-Islam" film, it's an anti-extreme-Islamist film. The film-maker had good reason to make it, what with Theo Van Gogh's assassination   and all.

If you want to watch it, there will be plenty of places. If you don't, you don't have to look for it. But people will watch it and go jihad anyway, not understanding "free speech".

I just don't want to hear anyone saying they went and looked for it, watched it, and got offended. Nobody held their eyelids open and forced them to watch it.

Exactly.  And the idiots that are angry that someone pulled it should realize that they dont have to have it on their website if they dont want to. 

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Anti Radical Islam Film Yanked
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:34:13 AM »
Well, this is innerestin'. Network Solutions pulled the film site, right?

But look who they DO register and have been for some time?

http://whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=hizbollah&tld=org

Domain ID:D849804-LROR
Domain Name:HIZBOLLAH.ORG
Created On:06-Feb-1998 05:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:07-Dec-2006 06:17:10 UTC
Expiration Date:05-Feb-2009 05:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
Registrant ID:20739530-NSIV
Registrant Name:NO FIRST NAME NO LAST NAME
Registrant Organization:Hizbollah
Registrant Street1:ATTN insert domain name here
Registrant Street2:care of Network Solutions
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Herndon
Registrant State/Province:VA
Registrant Postal Code:20172
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.570708878
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:q75sv55u4aw@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
Admin ID:16826304-NSIV
Admin Name:Hussein Beydoun
Admin Organization:Hadeelnet
Admin Street1:ATTN insert domain name here
Admin Street2:care of Network Solutions
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Herndon
Admin State/Province:VA
Admin Postal Code:20172
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.570708878
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:x97ex6ej4wg@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
Tech ID:5358805-NSI
Tech Name:Network Solutions, LLC.
Tech Organization:Network Solutions, LLC.
Tech Street1:13200 Woodland Park Drive
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Herndon
Tech State/Province:VA
Tech Postal Code:20171-3025
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.188864296
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+1.5714344620
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:customerservice@networksolutions.com
Name Server:NS81.WORLDNIC.COM
Name Server:NS82.WORLDNIC.COM

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 08:46:55 AM »
Everyone uulate and praise Allah at the top of your lungs for another victory.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 03:10:58 PM »
Network Solutions' hosting arm, and their domain services are under different TOS's.

Due to their charter to manage the root zones, they would have a hard time pulling a domain name people had a problem with.  Or, they should have a problem with it.  Network Solutions's has more of a problem with people registering copywrited names than domain names that point to inflammatory contect.

Now, network solutions is also a webhost.  Their webhosting arm has a pretty locked down TOS; and that's what I'm guessing was suspended.
Pulling a website of the wire is easy and sometimes prudent; as a very "inflammatory" website like that can incite attacks against the infrastructure that the company might not be technically adept to handle.

יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 10:44:50 PM »
Wilders told FOX News in January that he believed Western culture was better off than the "retarded" Islamic culture. He also likened the Koran to Adolf Hilter's book, 'Mein Kampf.'

That sounds to me he's more anti-Islam than anti-"radical" Islam. But one must see the film.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 07:04:59 AM »
The film is up on LiveLeak. It's not really incendiary at all. It's quiet, with soft music.

It just shows how verses have been used. First the verse, some horrifying speeches by radical imams in their own words, on video, and the results...9/11, Madrid, with the cellphone calls of terrified victims.

And more speeches, more calls for violence, for slaying unbelievers, literal calls for blood, for "roasting flesh"...from one radical imam after another. Filmed, on shows on Saudi television, many times.

People falling from a tower. Gays on nooses before a crowd. Women being stoned. The screams of Nick Berg. Angry-eyed people doing terrible acts knowingly, killing with their own hands, with a blade to an innocent man's neck, while crying "allah akbar". A man calmly saying that Islam is the best religion, and that any who leave it must be put to death. You can see in his eyes that he believes that to the core of his soul. All to slow, sad music.

Then more calls, for Islam to dominate the world, to take over America, to do away with democracy, which they claim is un-Islamic. Their version of Islam. Their perverted, blood-soaked, burning-bodies death-cult they say is "Islam". And they're spreading, with that twisted version of it.

The question is...why are moderate Muslims allowing this to happen to their religion?

THEY are the ones who should be watching the film, and saying "No, that is not what we want Islam to be", and doing something about it.

It's a very, very powerful 15 minutes. Some scenes are very hard to take.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 11:33:24 AM »
Here is the link:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7d9_1206624103

The film makers pretty much just let the "radicals" speak for themselves.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

johnster999

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 11:44:24 AM »
Here is the link:

Already taken down due to threats. Too bad.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 11:56:01 AM »
Here is the link:

Well, that's ironic. BTW, the watched count on liveleak was way over 2 million before they pulled it. And yes, LiveLeak says that their staff has received serious threats. Once again, the radicals prove they're not violent by threatening violence over a film that shows them doing violent stuff. 

Thing is, it didn't say anything. It let acts speak for themselves. And yet people are being offended by someone showing the acts, not by the deplorable, heinous, inhuman acts themselves.

Says a lot, I think. If the people so busy being offended instead directed their ire at the people committing those acts, there would not be a reason for that film to exist, because those acts would not have happened.

johnster999

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 11:59:30 AM »
Working link found here (for now):

http://www.liveprayer.com/fitna.cfm

I know nothing about the host site or it's content.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 12:07:04 PM »
Here is the link:

It's up as of 2:00 pm Pacific time.  It is preceded by a warning page due to its "mature" content.

-Jack
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 12:14:50 PM »
It's also on Google Video still, if you want a clean-for-sure site. Badly recompressed, though...why do people screw that up?

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=5319286232991263415&q=fitna+english&total=83&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

"Can't stop the signal..."

But no, it's no longer up on LiveLeak. This is the official statement from their management:

Following threats to our staff of a very serious nature, and some ill informed reports from certain corners of the British media that could directly lead to the harm of some of our staff, Liveleak.com has been left with no other choice but to remove Fitna from our servers.

This is a sad day for freedom of speech on the net but we have to place the safety and well being of our staff above all else. We would like to thank the thousands of people, from all backgrounds and religions, who gave us their support. They realised LiveLeak.com is a vehicle for many opinions and not just for the support of one.

Perhaps there is still hope that this situation may produce a discussion that could benefit and educate all of us as to how we can accept one anothers culture.

We stood for what we believe in, the ability to be heard, but in the end the price was too high.

Who in the British press did what now?

And the price was too high... That just makes me sad, angry, a whole lot of things.  undecided

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 12:40:12 PM »

But no, it's no longer up on LiveLeak.

Hmmm, perhaps I was watching a cached copy without realizing it.  Drat.

And the price was too high... That just makes me sad, angry, a whole lot of things.  undecided

Indeed.  We'll see how long it lasts on Google.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 12:45:44 PM »
It's up on Youtube as well.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »
It's up on Youtube as well.

And BitTorrent.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 04:18:15 PM »
It's a bit weird-this is the same thing as a grossly anti-semitic film.  Yet when those come out, no one rushes to air them in the name of "free speech."

Methinks that "free speech" is code for "I approve of the message" in this case.

If anyone were to post anti-semitic garbage videos regularly in the name of "defending free speech against oppressive European laws that ban this and jail people for speaking their minds!", I think we would all recognize that sham explanation for what it was.

This isn't about free speech-this is about spreading hatred towards Muslims.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 05:40:50 PM »

Did you actually watch it ??  It's not a forgery like The Protocols of the Elders of Zion   Or the Blood Libel.  Are you saying that all the footage is Photoshop'd ??  The words/quotes are not real ??

I have no problem with Islam.  As long as it leaves me the hell alone.  But Radical Islam (aka Convert or Die) must be stopped.

And if the members of that community do/say nothing to stop it, then it must be stopped from without.

I will not be a dhimmi nor will my children live under dhimmitude.

So SiS quit bicthin' at us, and go yell at/get your co-religionists to knock-it-the-hell-off.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 08:28:29 PM »
It's a bit weird-this is the same thing as a grossly anti-semitic film.  Yet when those come out, no one rushes to air them in the name of "free speech."

Methinks that "free speech" is code for "I approve of the message" in this case.

If anyone were to post anti-semitic garbage videos regularly in the name of "defending free speech against oppressive European laws that ban this and jail people for speaking their minds!", I think we would all recognize that sham explanation for what it was.

Did you even WATCH it?

DID. YOU. WATCH. IT?

If not, then shut the hell up.

If you spent ONE percent of the effort you spend being offended at showing the violence...if you spent that one percent FIGHTING the insane violence done in your religion's name, the film would not exist!

Because there would be no source material! The film is nothing but video, recent video, of recent radical Muslims' hateful speeches before crowds, calling for death and destruction of non-Muslims, and the actual death and destruction that came about. And, ironically, the same radicals who perpetrated that violence have now threatened violence upon those who dare show it.

There IS a problem. Yes, there's over a billion Muslims. Most of them are peaceful. But at least one million of those believe in a perversion of it that's a death-cult. That number is spiraling upwards every single day, and will, if unchecked, consume the whole as a united front. Because, to be blunt, the larger whole is sitting on its behind being offended instead of putting out the wildfire. Your religion is being consumed from within by a virulent, blood-soaked hate that wants to change the whole thing from a religion of peace to a joyless religion of war and horrible, evil acts. And you don't want to see it. You want to be offended at people who point that out.

This film was, more than anything else, a wake-up call to peaceful Muslims showing what is being done in their name. Watch it, or shut up.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 09:25:34 PM »
Manedwolf,

Do you watch every anti-semitic film that circulates the net just to confirm to yourself that it's actually anti-semitic trash?

The produce is a frothing at the mouth Muslim hater.  He is no different than the people who spout garbage about Jews and Judaism. 

And of course, as I predicted, this isn't about free speech.  You agree with his views and his agenda, which is why you are reposting this Muslim-hating propaganda. 

So why all the window dressing of "free speech", when that's not really the reason you are spreading this material?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 09:27:19 PM »
You didn't watch it, SS.

Shut up. I'm sick of your excuses. Watch it, just watch it, or you have nothing to whine about.

Why aren't you HALF as offended at things like Nick Berg getting his head sawed off by people chanting "allah akbar", which was done IN YOUR NAME?

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 09:28:18 PM »

Did you actually watch it ??  It's not a forgery like The Protocols of the Elders of Zion   Or the Blood Libel.  Are you saying that all the footage is Photoshop'd ??  The words/quotes are not real ??

I have no problem with Islam.  As long as it leaves me the hell alone.  But Radical Islam (aka Convert or Die) must be stopped.

And if the members of that community do/say nothing to stop it, then it must be stopped from without.

I will not be a dhimmi nor will my children live under dhimmitude.

So SiS quit bicthin' at us, and go yell at/get your co-religionists to knock-it-the-hell-off.

I hate to break it to you, but holocaust denial and "zionist conspiracy" films rarely use "faked" footage as well.  Real life footage does not a reasonable film or point make.

The very fact that you are talking about being a "dhimmi" illustrates just how distorted and bizarre these films and propaganda pieces are.  Who is out there claiming, much less even remotely coming close to achieving, to want to make "dhimmi" out of the world? I have no idea where that claim comes from-certainly not from the terrorists, who rarely have anything to say about the religious status of their victims (most of their victims are Muslim anyway, but hey....facts don't matter when you've got propaganda, right?).