Author Topic: VP debate?  (Read 2495 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: VP debate?
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 10:50:03 AM »
Wait, what?
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/10/08/the-audacity-jill-filipovic-is-outraged-at-condescending-sexist-man-mike-pence-calling-susan-page-by-her-name/

Yeah -- IIRC, Barbara Boxer had a problem with being addressed as "Ma'am." She wouldn't have been happy with "Mrs. Boxer" either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0CprVYsG0k

I guess I'm old fashioned. My grandmother taught me that "Ma'am" was a term of respect. Times change ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2020, 11:05:22 AM »
Yeah -- IIRC, Barbara Boxer had a problem with being addressed as "Ma'am." She wouldn't have been happy with "Mrs. Boxer" either.

I guess I'm old fashioned. My grandmother taught me that "Ma'am" was a term of respect. Times change ...

Reminds me of the games played concerning what we call the Black population of Americans.

negro, n****r, black, Black, African American, colored, I probably missed a few.

The left changes and confuses terms and names. Not knowing which term/name is appropriate in which situation is used as a hammer to attack. These aren't static terms but they move and change so unless you're in on the game you can never always get it right.

All of the names above are used without offense by the leftists but all of the terms above are fraught with danger if a person of the right uses them incorrectly (even innocently). There is no rule book for you to follow because then you would master the rules and it couldn't be used to beat you with then.

Just the act of me typing out those names and offering an opinion is an act of "racism".

Admit it, you flinched when you saw what I wrote.

Wake up, you've been conditioned.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2020, 11:22:21 AM »

My parents are from Arkansas, and they raised their kids to call people 'Sir' and 'Ma'am'.  In recent years, I have been surprised to see how many women resent that term.  The most common explanation I hear is that it makes them feel old.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2020, 11:49:18 AM »
It's obvious the Russians sent the fly to give Pence last minute information.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2020, 12:54:46 PM »
Didn't see it but Pence must have crushed Harris since the lefties on my FB feed can only talk about the fly.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2020, 01:05:40 PM »
Didn't see it but Pence must have crushed Harris since the lefties on my FB feed can only talk about the fly.

Some guy on MSNBC said a fly is seen historically as a sign of sin and a mark of the devil

https://youtu.be/uxeYOvpZ_1E?t=1080
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2020, 01:13:46 PM »
It's obvious the Russians sent the fly to give Pence last minute information.

OUTTED!!!!  Spetnaz hit squad en route to avenge the sabotage to their dastardly plan!!!!  :rofl: [tinfoil] [popcorn]  ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Pb

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2020, 01:59:39 PM »
Some guy on MSNBC said a fly is seen historically as a sign of sin and a mark of the devil

https://youtu.be/uxeYOvpZ_1E?t=1080

This is our news media. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2020, 02:19:29 PM »
The left changes and confuses terms and names. Not knowing which term/name is appropriate in which situation is used as a hammer to attack. These aren't static terms but they move and change so unless you're in on the game you can never always get it right.

All of the names above are used without offense by the leftists but all of the terms above are fraught with danger if a person of the right uses them incorrectly (even innocently). There is no rule book for you to follow because then you would master the rules and it couldn't be used to beat you with then.

Oh, absolutely. They want us afraid to speak, or to think for ourselves, lest we say or think the wrong thing. And it works.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2020, 02:50:29 PM »
My parents are from Arkansas, and they raised their kids to call people 'Sir' and 'Ma'am'.  In recent years, I have been surprised to see how many women resent that term.  The most common explanation I hear is that it makes them feel old.

I call any woman regardless of age or martial status, "miss". I always get a smile.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2020, 11:19:37 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2020, 12:02:48 AM »

No, they're the people who think their guy won.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2020, 10:11:38 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?