Author Topic: I never paid much attention to Mike Pence.  (Read 757 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
I never paid much attention to Mike Pence.
« on: October 12, 2020, 04:27:09 PM »
Just thought he was your typical add-on to a presidential ticket to help pick up a key state.

But now, after watching him during the debate and at rallies I've got to say he's got what it takes to be president.

He's got some powerful mojo.

He's a great speaker, knows his facts and can command the room.

We can't know what's going to be happening in four years but if he decides to run he will be anyone's equal and far superior to most other candidates.

He will crush the Jeb Bush/Marco Rubio tier of candidates and will give Ted Cruz and Rand Paul all they can handle and that's before factoring in Trump's and his supporters backing.

Pence 2024!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: I never paid much attention to Mike Pence.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 06:41:32 PM »
I have no idea whether or not he'll be the best candidate in 2024, but I'd kinda like to see him nominated just to annoy the Never-Trumpers.  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 09:56:50 PM »
Race Bannon 2024.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 10:03:56 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 10:05:52 PM »
:rofl:

Hey,  i voted for SMOD,  a fictional character from a childhood cartoon is absolutely viable by comparison.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 11:05:10 PM »
Got ballot today.  Holy Mackerel, 21 pairs of candidates for President.

My county (Jefferson, Colorado) does a really good job of distributing a voter's guide wich goes into exquisite (and apparently fair-minded) discussion of the ballot isses.

My big long-term problem is how many issues are Colorado Constitution issues which should not be tinkered with every time some loudmouth raises a "personal" issue with it and gets enough petitioners to put his problem on the ballot. 

IOW, it's too easy to change it. < humble opinion.

(This, even though I have my own personal issue with something in the Colorado Constitution.)

The biggest ballot problem I always have is with retention of Judges and Justices (again, regarding Colorado.)

I really have to parse out the discussions on each Judge to eke out snippets of information on the Judge's general stand on revisionism versus literalism.

Most of the time the recommendations by the legal/lawyer  committees are to retain them.  I can only recall one (there may be more I've forgot) where the judge was panned, but the remarks were that {he/she} is aware of the problems raised and is working on resolving them.  So unless there's a clear indication (yeah, sure) that the Judge is one uh them damned "living document" buffoons, in all fairness, I have to vote to retain.

I have, now, at ~3AM MDT, filled in the rest of the little circles, and now have to go through the Judicial positions stuff.  That's a bit of a project, consisting of 22 closely-printed pages of analyses.

ETA:  I OKed all of the judicial reviews, but rwo only on the theory that after all, nobody's perfect.

One other judge would have got my OK even if he were a vampire or a zombie or a cannibal simply because he was an engineer and an Air Force pilot.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 11:05:29 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.