Author Topic: Call me insensitive, but...  (Read 4598 times)

Strings

Re: Call me insensitive, but...
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 02:34:53 PM »
>I've seen your picture and I know you're not black<

Rabbi's not black?!?!?! Damn... my whole image of him is blown!

And fistful, I have to ask: does this ("If he's just a concept or a legend then, sure, you can paint him any color you like.") mean I can get out my neon purple and magenta?

Don't mind me... brain at the level of "fire bad, tree pretty". I'm going to be posting odd for awhile (yes: odd even for me)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
What are ya on?  Testosterone supplements?  grin

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 08:35:29 PM »
Hunter Rose, I can see you now, of an evening in late December.  Stealthily you glide through the shadows, spray-paint in hand - magenta spray-paint.  In the morning, your neighbors awake to find the infants in their outdoor manger scenes are sporting fresh coats of paint.  And probably wearing tiny kilts, as well. 

You evil man.   angel
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 09:47:26 PM »
Don't worry, everyone. Hunter is just talking about painting himself purple and magenta. Not your neighbors.

Nothing to see here. Keep moving on.

Strings

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007, 09:56:36 PM »
Actually, I hadn't been thinking that Dick. But now that you mention it, that might be a fun evening...

Personally, I'm MUCH more partial to wode...

slzy

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 11:30:56 PM »
it is my opinion if Jesus was black so was Judas. the plot does not change.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2007, 05:27:13 AM »
My 8 year old daughter came home with a homework assignment:

Dear Parents/Guardians,
In celebration of African American History, the third grade has
designed a poster project that the students should work on at home. We will still
discuss famous African Americans in the classroom, but the poster should be
developed at home.

attached is a packet of learning plans from edHelper.com

My daughter has chosen Rosa Parks to study,
would it be wrong to suggest she study Marion Barry?

Barry was born in Itta Bena, Mississippi, but grew up in Memphis, is an Eagle Scout, and graduated from LeMoyne College (now LeMoyne-Owen College) in 1958. Barry also graduated with a Masters of organic chemistry from Fisk University in 1960.
Afterwards he joined the American civil rights movement during a movement to eliminate racial segregation of bus passengers, and was elected the first chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC). He abandoned his doctoral chemistry studies at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Tennessee for his new duties. During his time leading SNCC, Barry heavily lobbied against racial segregation and discrimination.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

"The contagious people of Washington have stood firm against diversity during this long period of increment weather." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I promise you a police car on every sidewalk." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"Bitch set me up." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"The laws in this city are clearly racist. All laws are racist. The law of gravity is racist." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I am making this trip to Africa because Washington is an international city, just like Tokyo, Nigeria or Israel. As mayor, I am an international symbol. Can you deny that to Africa?" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"People have criticized me because my security detail is larger than the president's. But you must ask yourself: are there more people who want to kill me than who want to kill the president? I can assure you there are." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"The brave men who died in Vietnam, more than 100% of which were black, were the ultimate sacrifice." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I read a funny story about how the Republicans freed the slaves. The Republicans are the ones who created slavery by law in the 1600's. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves and he was not a Republican." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then? WOULD IT!?!" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC
http://www.skeptictank.org/barry.htm
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2007, 05:40:28 AM »
This Star Parker editorial might be of interest:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54073

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2007, 08:04:12 AM »
Why not something more contemporary? How about Chocolate-City Nagin?

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2007, 09:31:58 AM »
Wait a minute?  Purple people?  You gotta draw the line somewhere.  SCREW purple people...
Do purple women got big gazongas, 24-26 inch waists and 36 to 38 inch hips? If so I'm in...  grin
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 02:48:58 PM »
I dont have a problem with Black-only colleges (as long as they arent getting gov't support).
But I agree that a lot of "racism" is perpetuated by people with a stake in seeing it perpetuated.  I'd like to see states and Fed gov't stop asking for racial classifications on docs.  I see that on the Form 4473 and it drives me nuts: what darn difference does it make what color the buyer is?  You can't even opt out of it.

We have to collect race and sex data on mortgage loan applications so that the .gov can make sure we are not being discriminate in our lending.  But giving us the information is voluntary.

The punchline?

If they won't tell me, I have to, based solely on appearance and last name... guess what they are.  rolleyes

I'm so glad the government collects information so scientifically.  undecided

I worked in that business and yes, it bugged me.  Especially when I had to guess what they "sounded like."
I had a customer from Jordan and when he got to that question on the 4473 he paused.  Technically he is "Asian" as Jordan is in Asia.  But that isnt what they had in mind for the question.  The whole thing is so friggin stupid it blows my mind.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2007, 07:55:26 AM »
Quote from: The Rabbi
The whole thing is so friggin stupid it blows my mind.

That's decadent bourgeois thinking, Comrade! You should trust in the wisdom of the Party, for It will lead us to Unified Globoracist Globoculturalism exactly by divisive racist tribalist multiculturalist methods.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2007, 09:23:47 AM »
CAnnoneer, you've had too much coffee today.  Either that, or you've been reading too much Lenin. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2007, 01:17:50 PM »
Have you also noticed how they sneak in the occasional black person in medieval movies, especially directed to kids? Let's sacrifice common sense at the altar of raised "inclusiveness coefficient".
Nothing new actually.  There is a 1970's movie caled (I think) The norsemen.  Wanna know what color one of the vikings are?  Come on take a wild guess you know you want to.

Anyway it makes me want to hurl.  I want to know what happens when some white people try a white college fund, white tv, white magazine, etc.  Yep, we are racists.  The only thing we are tolerent of is intolerance these days.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.