Author Topic: This oughta be a crime  (Read 4489 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: This oughta be a crime
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »
Looks like a "Country just south east of the Dominican Republic" paint job.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 01:32:47 PM by never_retreat »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »
Then there is the existential question:
"Is it truly a Mustang if it has fewer than eight cylinders?"

Didn't the original 1964-1/2 Mustang have an in-line 6 engine?

Ah ...
On March 9, 1964, the first Mustang, a Wimbledon White convertible with a 260-cubic inch V-8 engine, rolled off the assembly line in Dearborn, Michigan. A month later on April 17th, 1964, the Ford Mustang made its world debut at the World’s Fair in Flushing Meadows, New York.

The first model Mustang, the early 65 (or as many refer to it, the 64 ½), was available as a coupe or convertible, and featured a base 170-cubic inch six-cylinder engine with a three-speed floor shift transmission. An optional 260-cubic inch V-8 engine was available, in addition to a four-speed manual transmission or a three-speed automatic “Cruise-O-Matic” transmission. The Falcon platform Mustang featured full wheel covers, bucket seats, carpeting, and a padded dash; all for a base retail price of $2,320. According to Ford, 22,000 orders were taken the day of its debut. This came as quite a surprise to Ford executives who had predicted annual sales of about 100,000 units. Within its first 12 months, Ford would sell close to 417,000 Mustangs.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 03:34:06 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2009, 04:43:52 PM »
I've always wanted one of those older '72 body style Mach Ones, and paint it VT-100 terminal green.

THAT would raise heckles of a lot of people I bet.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 05:45:57 PM »
Nitrogen, why do "you people" (whoever you are) want to desecrate fine cars? ;)

Back when I was doing a restoration on my XKE, I saw one that had been "customized." The guy put a hood scope on it, side scoops, and painted it safety orange.

That's a capital crime.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »

Back when I was doing a restoration on my XKE, I saw one that had been "customized." The guy put a hood scope on it, side scoops, and painted it safety orange.

That's a capital crime.

Well, I should explain.  One of the cartoons that my girlfriends' kids watches (Ben 10 Alien force) inspire this:

It's so bad, I fell in love with it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:48:27 PM by Nitrogen »
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2009, 01:01:27 PM »
Dayum.

It's just a car, for chrissakes.  =|
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2009, 02:46:46 PM »
Dayum.

It's just a car, for chrissakes.  =|

Need I haul out my pictures of the TactiMosin?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2009, 03:26:55 PM »
You can if you want.

I'm alive, well-fed, and look forward to being on the planet another year, at least.

Everything else is gravy, as far as I'm concerned.  Even if I was reduced to just one rifle for defense/hunting, that would be ok with me.  I might long for more or finer specimens, but that's the greedy part of me surfacing.

True, there's some historical significance in leaving milsurp rifles and E-Type Jags unmolested, but in the end they're nothing but tools made by man, and will return to the earth as red iron oxide over time.  I've restored some, bubba'ed others, and taken some liberties in restoring both my '53 Chevy pickup and '78 Harley.  I sin with the best of them.  Even the late Boyd Coddington went crazy with the Cheez Whiz at times. 

I harbor no malice towards the fellow who decided to modify his Ford product thusly.  It's his bar of soap and his washcloth - he can scrub as hard and fast as he wants.  By way of analogy, Jennings, Lorcin, Bryco, Davis are guns by virtue of them sometimes firing when the trigger is pulled, and even though they aren't the greatest, it may be all a person can afford or obtain.  I wouldn't give a plug nickel for any of them, but that's not to say I don't respect a person's right to purchase, own, or gussy them up.  That's just one beautiful aspect of living in the greatest country in the world.  ;)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2009, 03:35:36 PM »
CAn't say I disagree with that.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

brimic

• friends
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2009, 05:17:02 PM »
Well, I should explain.  One of the cartoons that my girlfriends' kids watches (Ben 10 Alien force) inspire this:

LOL. My son was looking over my shoulder just now and saw the car pic you posted and immediately said "Its the car from Ben 10."

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2009, 05:57:23 PM »
I guess it's all in how you look at things. Things don't mean a lot to me. If I had to sell my Mustang tomorrow, that would be okay.

There's just something about taking a fine car and goobering it up that bugs me. It always bugged me when, in movies from the 60's, somebody would wreck an E Type. From 1960 to 1974 there were only 72,000 E Types made in every engine size and body configuration, and less than half exist today. Wrecking one just galls me.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 06:00:43 PM »
It always bugged me when, in movies from the 60's, somebody would wreck an E Type.

I wonder what percentage of '69 Dodge Chargers in existance at the time were wrecked in the whole 'Dukes of Hazzard' series.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2009, 11:53:16 PM »
Uh, its a 'stang with a V6.

Why are we still talking about this?
If you think that's dumb, I just found a 69 Mustang on eBay that was an automatic.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

nico

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2009, 05:02:08 PM »

That's a capital crime.

I just threw up in my mouth a little. . .

Mustangs are more than numerous enough that the car in the OP (or an autozone special 5.0) doesn't really surprise/bother me, but an E Type!?@!