Author Topic: Wii game suggestions.  (Read 2794 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Wii game suggestions.
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:19:15 PM »
My wife & I got a Wii console for Christmas with the WiiFit and MarioKart attachments. While fun, I'm looking for some more "manly" type games...something with shooting, swordfights, explosions, and potential for general mayhem. I'd also like some games that will allow me to be more physically active than just the usual video games.

Any suggestions?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
Re: Wii game suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 12:20:29 AM »
If you have the regular version of Wii fit, get Wii fit plus.

Be aware that most games for the Wii are "shovel ware" and are not even worth five dollars.

Manly games with explosions are the exception on the Wii. I can not think of any off hand. I would browse www.newegg.com www.amazon.com or various www.big-box-stores.com for ideas.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 12:23:09 AM »
Super Smash Brothers is simple fun.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 12:45:53 AM »
I had a lot of fun with Link's Crossbow Training.  It comes with an attachment that makes the gun into something resembling a sub-gun without a real stock on it.  Cost $25 for the kit and game.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 01:37:50 AM »
Various versions of the wii sports will have boxing and sword fighting. I find the boxing entertaining and accurate enough to use strategy, the sword fighting is too slow/numb.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 02:08:57 AM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »
Wii games are generally made for kids and casual gamers.  My son has Star Wars Light Sabre duels, which sounds cool, but its pretty lame. The only game that holds my attention for more than 5 minutes and is fun to play with others is Guitar Hero World Tour, My BIL has just about every version of Rock Band for another platform and its fun too.

There's a Cabela's hunting game, I've only played it for a few minutes in the store, but it looks pretty good.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 11:23:56 AM »
Wii Sports Resort is fun. It has sword fighting, and archery... in fruity Hawaiian shirts... umm, which are loose, printed shirts for CCWs! That's "manly," right?  =D
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 11:56:52 AM »
The only Wii games I can think of that fall into the "manly" category are the Cabela's hunting games, Punch Out, and Sports Resort.  Many of the games made primarily for other systems (like Modern Warfare) just don't stand up to the cross over to Wii.  I'm still clinging to my old PSII for manly games...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 12:28:24 PM »
You can purchase and download older games for other consoles if your Wii has wifi access to the internet.  I downloaded some classics (Super Mario Bros, PacMan, Metroid, Donkey Kong) that I can play without a CD.

Chris

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 07:10:44 PM »
Classic gaming is the extent of my Wii use.  I spent as much on classic games downloads as I did on the entire system.  Lego Star Wars is the only Wii game I own.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 02:51:56 PM »
Resident Evil 4 has some great running and gunning and Zombie killing action.  I think it is probably the best of the series.  Also, you can get the Metroid prime trilogy for the Wii which is also some really FPS/puzzle solving action. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 08:06:02 PM »
Outside of Wii sports, I play Cabela's Big game hunt.  Wife likes Mariocart and we all play Rayman, Raving Rabbids 2.  That is a very fun game to play with company. 

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 12:12:22 AM »
I'd recommend the one where you chuck the controller at the teevee on accident. Make sure to post the video on youtube...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 07:45:51 AM »
We just got Wii resort.  Fun simple games on there.
Wii sports is one of our favorites, the bowling is a great party game.
Mario Kart is a blast.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”