Author Topic: Out of control cop threatens Ohio CCWL  (Read 22304 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: Out of control cop threatens Ohio CCWL
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
I couldn't really care if the CCW guy was picking up a hooker or a bucket of fried chicken.

What about both?  That sounds like a passable Saturday night! 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 07:41:20 PM »
My mind has been in a constant state of boggle by the fact that this guy knew he was being filmed by his own camera.

Well, that, and the cop climbing into the back seat while the driver was still in the driver's seat.  :facepalm:

Ah jeez guys cut me some slack. I meant hooker=/=wife. ;/

This is a very serious matter. Mistaking a wife for a hooker, or vice versa, could really get a fella in trouble!

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »
This is a very serious matter. Mistaking a wife for a hooker, or vice versa, could really get a fella in trouble!

Yeah, you don't want to buy a house for a hooker! :laugh:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 09:16:34 PM »
Yeah, you don't want to buy a house for a hooker! :laugh:

Yeah....and you don't want your wife to strut around in skimpy dresses and stilletto heels and offer to do things that.....oh, wait.....  :facepalm:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 09:36:19 PM »
I couldn't really care if the CCW guy was picking up a hooker or a bucket of fried chicken.

I'm going to do something different for a minute and go off topic. (gasp!)

Several of my friends' wives have been doing the boob job routine.  One of these friends has taken to referring to "augmented" breasts as "chicken in the box".  The rest of us just chuckled and accepted that terminology as just being one of his quirks.  Until another friend's wife started through the process.  The last office visit before the surgery, they were shown the implants... which come individually in overly large boxes.  Chicken in a box.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
The fact that the cop isn't concerned he is being video'd should concern lots of people.  Possibility he is a psychopath and feels invulnerable to the rules everyone else has to obey.  Or he's had enough experience pulling similar stunts to know nothing serious (as he defines it) will be done.  Or he's networked out the ying-yang and knows nothing will happen to him.  None of these possibilities give me warm feelings.

There seems to be a growing trend in the country to stop Joe and Martha Sixpack from videoing cops at work.  This example right here shows why such a move needs to be fought.  How come now he's in dutch and not one of the previous 16 episodes in which HE WAS CAUGHT.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

grampster

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 10:47:01 PM »
Words fail me.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 10:58:12 PM »
I just watched this for the first time this morning. With a cop. I thought he was going to reach through the screen and strangle old Officer Friendly. "This guy just makes us all look stupid," he said.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 11:03:45 PM »
The fact that the cop isn't concerned he is being video'd should concern lots of people.

Oh, he's concerned.  From what I gather he's on his best behavior when being taped.

One of the 16 internal affairs investigations against this guy in the last 10 years was a case regarding a guy that he beat the tar out of.  He was reprimanded for not turning on his dash cam in that case.  That's it.

I'm not much of a gambler but I'd wager that him not being on camera in that incident probably helped his case.  I'm doubtful it would have exonerated him.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 11:10:45 PM »
Oh, and if any of you guys know of LawDog you might like this podcast:  http://snarkybytes.com/ViciousCircle/?p=617

They discuss the Ohio cop for most of the show.  It's a bunch of gunbloggers (JayG, Weerd, Breda, SayUncle, LawDog, and more) but I really liked having LawDog on there.  Good points from him on dashcams and such.  Then there was another tidbit from him:  He stuck a recent graduate in solitary confinement and hit him with two felonies for LESS than what this guy did.  LawDog is generally funny as heck but you can tell when he puts his serious face on. 

Also, if you read SayUncle, or know of him, you might want to stick around until his inebriated sister is given the microphone.  Oh boy, the stories she's got on him!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 11:50:21 PM »
Ugh, not sure if I can watch yet another video of LEOs Behaving Badly.

Food for thought:
This LEO has not performed his act in a vacuum.  Why should I not consider every LEO in his dept that possibly saw him in action as a cowardly oath breaker unfit to tie to shoes of an honorable man?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 12:21:02 AM »
This LEO has not performed his act in a vacuum.  Why should I not consider every LEO in his dept that possibly saw him in action as a cowardly oath breaker unfit to tie to shoes of an honorable man?

This.

I don't buy the "a few make the rest look bad" while the rest are part of the coverups, or stand around doing nothing during incidents like this.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 12:59:53 AM »
I don't buy the "a few make the rest look bad" while the rest are part of the coverups, or stand around doing nothing during incidents like this.

Very true. Jerkoff's partner never tried to calm him down, but just agreed with him. If this officer's been brought up 16 times before on charges, I'd bet that the entire force has problems.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 03:40:37 AM »
I think that accusation was made by OOCC's partner (whose tactics, BTW, sucked almost as bad as OOCC)

What the heck was going thru OOCC's partner's mind searching the car without taking the freaking DRIVER out of the car first?   :facepalm:

And then blithely accepting the outright death threats OOCC issued against the permittee - who, as it has been already noted, did nothing worthy of a death sentence even IF convicted of everything that's been suggested he was doing by an actual court of law and jury of his peers.    [ar15]

He deserves firing.  OOCC deserves firing plus criminal and civil charges.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 06:00:47 AM »
This.

Precisely.

Each and every police officer from another jurisdiction who watches that video and says, 'This clown makes cops look bad" really needs to ask him (or her) self, "If this dude were a 16-year member of MY department, would I turn him in for that or would I keep my piehole shut to avoid being ostracized by my fellow officers?"

The "thin blue line" is a cancer that is eating up law enforcement from the inside. Police officers need to start weeding out the bad actors from within their ranks if they ever expect to earn the respect they seem to think they deserve from us "civilians."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 06:51:19 AM »
Each and every police officer from another jurisdiction who watches that video and says, 'This clown makes cops look bad" really needs to ask him (or her) self, "If this dude were a 16-year member of MY department, would I turn him in for that or would I keep my piehole shut to avoid being ostracized by my fellow officers?"

At the very least, he could've taken a step back, got on his cell phone quietly and had a supervisor come out, or just gotten on the radio and called for more backup, which usually includes a supervisor eventually.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 08:02:54 AM »
At the very least, he could've taken a step back, got on his cell phone quietly and had a supervisor come out, or just gotten on the radio and called for more backup, which usually includes a supervisor eventually.

BZZZZZZ!   WRONG!!!!!!!

At the very least he could have recognized the commission of at least three felonies and arrested OOCC for them.

If not right then, right there on the street, where IMNSHO he should have done it, then as soon as they were clear of the "citizens" they had just dealt with.  See, I'm all for "officer discretion".

Three blatant felonies committed in his presence (what kind of fool commits felonies in the presence of a cop?!?) and someone suggests he call for a supervisor?   :facepalm:

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 08:10:20 AM »
At the very least he could have recognized the commission of at least three felonies and arrested OOCC for them.

If not right then, right there on the street, where IMNSHO he should have done it, then as soon as they were clear of the "citizens" they had just dealt with.  See, I'm all for "officer discretion".

Three blatant felonies committed in his presence (what kind of fool commits felonies in the presence of a cop?!?) and someone suggests he call for a supervisor?   :facepalm:

If he'd tried to stop the psycho, it would have turned into a fistfight at best, or a gunfight at worst, with the victims in the middle of it.  I'd rather he get some backup coming to guarantee a short fight, including someone who has enough of a pissing-contest advantage to possibly order the psycho down without violence.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 08:27:08 AM »
If he'd tried to stop the psycho, it would have turned into a fistfight at best, or a gunfight at worst, with the victims in the middle of it.  I'd rather he get some backup coming to guarantee a short fight, including someone who has enough of a pissing-contest advantage to possibly order the psycho down without violence.

Agreed....if OOCC had been a non-LEO, they'd have called backup to help arrest him. Same thing applies here....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 10:53:40 AM »
Ugh, not sure if I can watch yet another video of LEOs Behaving Badly.

Food for thought:

You should hear the mayor of that town...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
You should hear the mayor of that town...

I can't hear him. What's he saying?

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2011, 12:35:50 PM »
I can't hear him. What's he saying?

Sorry, it wasn't the mayor that was a jackass, it was the Council president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBfpBxY2J00
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2011, 12:43:26 PM »

;/ =|  =( :O  :mad:  :mad:  [ar15]
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 12:45:17 PM »
Oh, and if any of you guys know of LawDog you might like this podcast:  http://snarkybytes.com/ViciousCircle/?p=617
I would have enjoyed that more if there were fewer commentators.  Too much talking over each other and trying to get a snappy line in so that the real points were hard to hear.  Sort of like most panel TV show.
Oh well.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 12:48:51 PM »

Such refined and cocentrated buffoonery, combined with such a degree of high-grade disdain for the rights and judgment of the common rabble, surely marks this man for great things. To the Senate with him!