Author Topic: Out of control cop threatens Ohio CCWL  (Read 22301 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Out of control cop threatens Ohio CCWL
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2011, 01:04:20 PM »
...in the worst parts of our neighborhoods, where there's high crime...

Sounds like a good reason to carry a gun.

...you're next, as long as these laws permit people to carry weapons under the worst circumstances in the worst situations, there are deaths waiting to happen...

...if you allow the kind of carry concealed weapons laws that are in existence in Ohio and are all over the United States, you're going to have the same problems over and over again, and deaths will result...

Huh. Hasn't happened anywhere. When will we see these deaths?

...I am not against weapons, I am not against handguns, I am not against people who hunt with weapons, but we should all should  believe in common sense, reasonable gun control laws...

Sorry, pal. Those are 1990's cliches. Get new material.

But these laws are completely insane.

I believe psychologists call that "projection".

brimic

• friends
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2011, 01:08:19 PM »
Such refined and cocentrated buffoonery, combined with such a degree of high-grade disdain for the rights and judgment of the common rabble, surely marks this man for great things. To the Senate with him!

Yeah, why bloody up a perfectly good pike?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2011, 01:57:01 PM »
"These laws, that allow a citizen to [exercise a Constitutional right] ..."

Yeah, Mr. Council Chairman, THOSE laws.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2011, 02:25:06 PM »
Such refined and cocentrated buffoonery, combined with such a degree of high-grade disdain for the rights and judgment of the common rabble, surely marks this man for great things. To the Senate with him!

Don't you dare wish that on Ohio.  We are currently trying to get rid of one buffoon in the next election, we don't need to replace him with another one.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »
Don't you dare wish that on Ohio.  We are currently trying to get rid of one buffoon in the next election, we don't need to replace him with another one.

But isn't the Senate the quarantine for smug elitists who've lost touch with reality?

Or maybe that's just the only way I can make any sense out of it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 03:55:06 AM »
Well, that, and the cop climbing into the back seat while the driver was still in the driver's seat.  :facepalm:

You know, I wondered about that. Is it possible they specifically left the driver in the car so they could conduct a warrantless search without such pesky things as AZ v. Gant getting in the way?

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2011, 08:29:39 AM »

You know, I wondered about that. Is it possible they specifically left the driver in the car so they could conduct a warrantless search without such pesky things as AZ v. Gant getting in the way?

That or they are just plain stooopid.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »
If the cop threatened my wife that way, I would sue. I wouldn't want monetary damages, I'd want 5 minutes alone with the officer.
Steroid meathead or not, he's nothing but a coward and a punk.

that wasn't his wife  it was the hooker he was just observed picking up
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

brimic

• friends
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »
that wasn't his wife  it was the hooker he was just observed picking up
That's been covered already...

But since you checked in, lets hear how the cop was just doing his duty and its a tough job and how the driver deserved to be threatened with a beatdown. No harm no foul as they say... :police:

Barack Obama

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
 [popcorn]

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2011, 04:04:13 PM »
Even CSD can't support the cop in this one right?  right?  please tell me I'm right.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2011, 04:08:24 PM »
Another
"It's good, though..."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »
  [popcorn] [popcorn]
Two bagger

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2011, 04:38:56 PM »
That's been covered already...

But since you checked in, lets hear how the cop was just doing his duty and its a tough job and how the driver deserved to be threatened with a beatdown. No harm no foul as they say... :police:
Don't forget the death threat.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2011, 10:16:17 PM »
http://lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w225.html

As an institution, the police do not exist to defend life, liberty, and property. That would be the role played by peace officers – a population that is, for all intents and purposes, extinct. Police are given the task of "enforcement" – the imposition of rules devised by, and on behalf of, the wealth-devouring class. That role includes dispensing summary punishment against people who display anything other than instant, unqualified submission to them and to the political order they embody. Any material good that is done by a police officer is a renegade act, given the nature and purposes of the institution that employs him.

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2011, 10:26:07 PM »

Threatening hookers is of course entirely morally acceptable.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2011, 11:13:40 PM »

Nice strawman.  The cop put himself in a dangerous situation, acted like a petty tyrant.  He made death threats to the ccw holder and promised to give the alleged hooker "lumps".  Your argument is invalid.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2011, 04:15:53 AM »
I'm STILL trying to wrap my head around the cop calling the CCW a "numbskull", while making death threats on candid freaking camera.

A camera mounted to his OWN BLOODY CRUISER, so it's not like he didn't know about it.

Or, just maybe, he thought he had turned it off?

Another thought occurs to me, something to wonder about (especially with the Coucildweeb's statement): where did the video come from, to be released on the web?

I know that Ohio group, but how did THEY get it? If the police or DA released it to them, wow... BRILLIANT PR move, guys!
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2011, 08:24:40 AM »
Another thought occurs to me, something to wonder about (especially with the Coucildweeb's statement): where did the video come from, to be released on the web?

They knew it existed and got it through an FOIA request.  If you want to do a little reading, here's the thread http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54153.  It's up to 67 pages at the moment.  Interesting reading.  If you're in a hurry, it's easy to skim over the "OMG!" posts.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2011, 02:48:41 PM »

nope, afaik she was observed leaving the vehicle, the car driver gave her & friend a ride-they probably even gave him like 5 bucks or something. He used to be a taxi driver, you get regulars if you're a nice guy. I had two or three regulars that were "working girls"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

brimic

• friends
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »
http://members.boardhost.com/stlouiscoptalk/thread/1311260281.html

My faith in humanity was almost restored until I got to about the 6th post down and the 'we got to look out for our own' line came out.

Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2011, 06:04:58 PM »
My faith in humanity was almost restored until I got to about the 6th post down and the 'we got to look out for our own' line came out.

Yeah, that's a problem.

Trust me brother, I'll rough up someone that deserves being roughed up, but I wouldn't even think about a gangland style execution. I will, however, concede the point that we should stick together in times like this. You are right about that, and I should not have posted that comment.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2011, 06:07:07 PM »
Yes, but after that other officers corrected that statement. I think most of the posts reflect well on them.