Author Topic: Help Me Spend My CTD Gift Card  (Read 788 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Help Me Spend My CTD Gift Card
« on: December 27, 2012, 06:58:39 PM »
My BIL gave me a $30 e-gift card to Cheaper Than Dirt. Corporate stupidity aside, I do want to spend it on something. Right now, I'm trying to decide b/t these THREE items....

1. A WaterBOB Emergency Drinking Water Storage: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/CAMP-205

Pros: Great way to store a lot of water. Doesn't take up much space until needed.

Cons: Not portable. No way to reuse.

2. Hogue Grips for my .357Mag Blackhawk Convertible: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-HO83000

Pros: I shoot this gun more than my others. Don't like the wood grips or the rubber Pac's that came with it. Need bigger grips.

Cons: Not shooting a lot lately d/t time constraints. WaterBOB seems more practical in comparison.

3. VersaCarry Holster for my XD9sc: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-9XS

Pros: Need a small CCW holster for that gun anyway.

Cons: Don't have a CHL yet. Don't carry d/t work. Holding out for one of these for an XD http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/vanguard-holster-systems/vanguard-2-holster-full-kit .....if they ever get off their duffs and make one for the XD's....

So, what should I do?.....

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:02:11 PM by seeker_two »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Help Me Spend My CTD Gift Card
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »
Go for the grips then buy some man portable water containers locally.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »
Water Bob
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 07:24:38 PM »
Get a grip, man  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 09:15:22 PM »
Grips. Hands down.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 03:00:24 PM »
Thanks for the input. I also asked my wife....after explaining how you empty a WaterBob, she thought the concept ridiculous. So I ordered the grips today from CTD....

....they are really scalping folks with shipping. Even going through USPS, it's almost seven bucks!  :facepalm:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 04:15:59 PM »
Ctd's shipping policies blow.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”