Author Topic: For Snowflakes Who Think Trump is a Totalitarian  (Read 1004 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ned Hamford

• friend
Re: For Snowflakes Who Think Trump is a Totalitarian
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 10:47:34 AM »
Earlier this year, she presented a talk at a re:publica digital culture conference on "How Zimbabweans Rebel Online."

I'm torn as I'm not a fan of fascism, but I do love seeing stupid hurt.

Seriously tho, I hope she can just get deported and telecommute her old job.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 12:33:29 PM »
When I was still a kid, my Dad taught me that when in a foreign country I should avoid discussing politics and religion, especially in public.

And most especially if in an uncivilized country. You can say things in, for example, Canada, Britain, Sweden, Japan, etc., that would be problematic in much of the Middle East, Africa, and a large swath of Asia.

Seems this woman is getting that education late in life.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:08:30 AM »
When I was still a kid, my Dad taught me that when in a foreign country I should avoid discussing politics and religion, especially in public.

And most especially if in an uncivilized country. You can say things in, for example, Canada, Britain, Sweden, Japan, etc., that would be problematic in much of the Middle East, Africa, and a large swath of Asia.

Seems this woman is getting that education late in life.

For about a year there have been times when I felt like I was living in an uncivilized country, "right here in River City."

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 12:40:02 PM »

For snowflakes who think that re-tweeting a meme is an attack on freedom of the press.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/world/asia/kabul-shamshad-tv-attack.html
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife