Author Topic: Selling some things out of my closet!  (Read 2458 times)

Selling some things out of my closet!
« on: November 15, 2005, 11:24:04 PM »
Ok, here's things I have for sale at cut-rate prices. I spent like half an hour taking pictures and some of them went blurry. I may or may not retake those:

I have an absolutely ludicrous collection of cables as you can see here, and so far it hasn't failed me for finding something someone has wanted, usually in triplicate. They weigh about forty to fifty pounds, extracting something is genuine work, and I think it is an actual living entity. There are at least ten different transformers, two or three mice, a solitary speaker, antique joystick, phone, etc.

Logitech speakers. They're getting old. I think they might have some buzz to them BUT if someone is seriously interested I will hook them up and test. For a 'parents pc' they would be perfect. Not exactly Klipsch 2.1s, but decent quality. The sub is not going to give you a serious bass kick but it will add some mass.

Flatty speakers. Well, these came with a soso 750 duron from a computer show in 2001, so you can guess the quality level. Surprisingly decent for the little flat drivers, but the main sub leaves some to be desired. Uses RCA cables for the satellites, surprisingly. Overall, decent. Since I got them out to take pictures, they seem to have gotten dirty. I hate them even more now.

NO PICTURE
Another, more cheap pair of PC speakers. I really don't like these speakers and neither should you. You may have them included in your order free of charge.   First come, first served. UPDATE: They broke. I threw them away.

Compaq speakers. They power off the USB port. It was frustrating when I tried to use them on a PC that didn't have any USB ports.

Car speakers. I really don't know WTF is up with these. I hate these speakers, because I feel like their manufacturer knows something I dont!

Car speakers part deux. Came with a car cd player.

(not pictured because I couldn't find it)
It's a 2000 era digital camera, the battery flap is broken. Otherwise works but WHY?!.

Left to right: USB Logitech mouse, never used. It is so very, very nice. Motorola cellphone charger. (cell itself was stolen out of my car) Radioshack microcassete voice recorder. Cordless phone. I'm pretty sure the base unit to that phone is around somewhere.

Genuine Trek bike seat, stock. Replaced on my own Trek with an Oasis gel. In mint condition aside from a scrape-ding which I am showing you because of my George-Washington level honesty.

A little tasco scope. I think it cost me around twenty dollars. Air pistol, air rifle, .22, that sort of thing.

Happauge winTV USB. You can find the software online for this. Use in conjunction with the VCR to play videos on your PC. The possibilities are endless as you transcribe your old VHS naughty videos into modern MPEG compression! Or, watch the evening news while browsing blogs.

An electrical box for Vermont Electric. I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to have this, but it has a neat little spring catch and is padlockable.

Green inflateable chair. I liked it a lot. Haven't had it inflated for around three years because of cats and their tendency to dig their claws into things. Is most likely still in perfect condition.

Video game doctor. Hasn't repaired any of my disks, maybe I needed to work harder at it. Buffing cloth and special liquid formula (water) not included. Salesgirl at EBworld lied to me, said that manufacturer would replace any game or software free if their device messed the disk up. Liar. This opened my eyes to idiots behind the counters at an early age and ever since I have distrusted them all.

Ink. Brother ink. Do you have a Brother photocopier and spend a fortune on it? You can save some money on their name brand ink- it's your lucky day!

USB Child's Toy Microscope. It does, in fact, work. I guess a kid could have fun with it, or look at bugs. You don't get the whole kit, just the microscope. You won't be missing much, it works on USB, and it's kind of fun too. Drivers and software MIGHT be a problem if I can't find them online and the disk doesn't turn up, but considering how most companies are now, the software is downloadable.

(not shown)
VCR. It works. Now you too can enjoy the earliest form of pirated television broadcasts, in their grainy, half quality VHS quality.

DVD player. It works, except for the fact that the disk tray will not extend from the unit. My uncle went over it with a circuit tester, although I forget the verdict. Solve the mystery, and a lovely DVD player may be yours. Or, use it in combination with a pair of anklecuffs for a safe and effective toddler detention device.

A small RCA sa-155 stereo amplifier. Doesn't it look lovely? It can be yours!

(not shown)
Keyboards. I tried and tried to think of something witty to say along with this. I'm sorry. So very sorry.

Mini Shark Vacuum. I am almost positive that they hock these on infomercials. A miniature vacuum cleaner that works great on computer parts but fails miserably at actually cleaning floors. I am including the floor-sweeper attachment out of amusement, also you should be able to connect up regular attachments to the round attachment used for connecting to the sweeper head part.

Xerox Copier. This works. Don't expect super quality and you'll be happy. In great shape except for plastic discoloration on some parts. Only problem is that the toner cartridge will need cleaning from time to time, or before-due-time replacement, lowering the quality until you SPRING INTO ACTION.

Netgear WG311 wireless G PCI card, with disk. I plan on using this but it can be yours.

Pair of GE handheld CB radios with weatherband and surprisingly long-extending antennas (both work, waterproof stripping came out). Each runs on eight AA batteries or a 12volt car power supply, and can have a larger antenna (!) attached. I will include an extra magnetic base antenna.

(not shown but partly visible in the cable shot)
A Logitech Scanman 256 grayscale handheld scanner. Not really useful, but nifty.

Now, here's the fun part. Who wants to lay bets as to how much each one will fetch on ebay? Assuming someone here doesn't want to take advantage of something for almost nothing, of course. Wink

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 05:27:37 PM »
I'm sending the waste haulers by your place in the morning.  Make sure its all out by the curb and properly ensconced in eco friendly plastic bags.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 02:40:49 AM »
For some absurd reason I really want the Gateway handbooks, but not sure why.
Brian
<><
:)

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 04:16:26 AM »
BTW, if anyone takes that USB microscope and can't manage to find drivers for it, I have them, because BrokenKid has the same microscope.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 05:06:35 AM »
How much for the CB handi-talkies?
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 06:57:32 AM »
How much for the USB TV tuner???

Greg

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 07:21:02 AM »
I might take the B&D saw.  Email me a price-- fignozzle at yahoo dot com.

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 08:27:06 AM »
I'm interested in both the:

"Car speakers part deux"
"Happauge winTV USB items"

PM at the THR or email please......
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 12:09:40 PM »
email me with the handbook price, if this is a 486 then $10 + shipping in preset priority mail box
Fleabay has one for $10 now
Brian
<><
:)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 02:22:07 PM »
Blackburn,  I think I might be able to get you something nice for that crossbow.

httpTHR Trading Post
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 03:20:52 PM »
Blackburn, I'm interested in the ammo and the WinTV USB.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 02:30:21 AM »
Hell, I feel like I should send you some money because you actually know what Klipsch is.

I've got a pair of Cornwalls the bro bought in the mid-seventies - handmade crossovers that
look like your cable box, 60 pounds of marine-grade plywood.  Can't sell 'em, can't burn 'em.

P.

MaterDei

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 12:47:13 AM »
Big closet.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 07:00:05 AM »
Still have the CB radios?  I forgot about this thread.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 01:27:02 PM »
How much on that wireless card?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 08:51:22 PM »
damn....wish I'd have run across the stereo amp offer a couple weeks ago.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Chris Rhines

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2006, 02:39:22 PM »
How much do you want for the RCA stereo amp?  I have a project that could use one.

- Chris

HForrest

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2006, 04:48:45 PM »
I'm also curious about the RCA stereo amp, and may be willing to battle Chris Rhines to the death. How much is it? Post here or email me at hforrestd@gmail.com.