Author Topic: WOOHOO! Part 2- I got in!  (Read 2359 times)

SpookyPistolero

• friend
WOOHOO! Part 2- I got in!
« on: March 10, 2006, 04:38:19 AM »
This morning I rolled about of bed, started the coffee pot and sat down to check my email. Low and behold, they emailed the acceptance letter from pharmacy school, not five minutes before I checked my mail!!! Woohoo! I had applied just under the wire to meet their deadlines so I wasn't quite sure how much of a pile I was going to be filed underneath of. I felt like the interviews I went through a few weeks ago went smoothly so I had just enough hope of getting in to keep my uncomfortable, haha.

WOo! Talk about some weight off my shoulders. Nice to have hope for a real, live job someday hehe. Just wanted to vent some good vibes!!!

-Spooky (who's now going to skip class to go play some golf whilst smoking his favorite pipe...)
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 04:48:34 AM »
Congratulations!

Which pharmacy school?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SpookyPistolero

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 04:57:19 AM »
Thanks!

University of Kentucky! They were top 5 in the nation until a year ago, and dropped to about 8, I believe, because they accepted a few more people than there was capacity in the classroom. Things are changing around that, though.
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

M14rick

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 05:44:35 AM »
Good for you!!!

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 05:46:38 AM »
Congrats Spooky!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 05:47:40 AM »
Congrats, now get out there and kick butt!

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 07:26:09 AM »
WOOHOOO!!

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

chaim

• friend
    • http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 07:37:09 AM »
Ph.D. or Pharm.D.?  Either way, I guess we'll be calling you Dr. SpookyPistolero in a few years.

So, University of Kentucky?  There is a chance we'll be sharing a campus in just over 2 years.  After I get my MA in counseling, UK is one of the schools I'm considering for my doctorate in psychology.
Come visit my MSN Group: Taurus Talk
http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 07:42:34 AM »
Congrats, SP!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 07:55:34 AM »
Congrats Spooky!

UK has a great med school program. Sucks to be in incoming though. They just got approval to raise tuition like 12% across the board. On the upside you do have those UK girls though Tongue

You and chaim do realize it is mandatory to sneak off in the fall and spring to Knob Creek for the Machine Gun shoot right?

...has left the building.

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 08:16:12 AM »
Good work!

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 08:39:06 AM »
So, you'll soon be doing drugs all day.  What a gig!:D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

DrAmazon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 09:12:53 AM »
Congrats on Pharm school!   I LOVE Lexington.  Did a research gig at UK back when I was an undergrad.  Great great town.

DrA
Experiment with a chemist!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 04:28:02 PM »
Got any free samples?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 04:57:58 PM »
Good on ya, Spooky.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 12:39:53 AM »
Congrats!

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 01:09:54 AM »
No need for samples; we'll just make out a shopping list. Lessee... Oxycontin... Dilaudid... Wink

Congrats!

- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

SpookyPistolero

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 03:10:09 AM »
Hehe, thanks much all! While I didn't get in a golf game to celebrate, I remained undefeated throughout the night at the pool hall. Smiley

I'll be going for the Pharm. D. Chaim.  Lexington isn't a bad town, really, but it needs to learn it's own size. I did a few years of research in the psychology department.  Mostly decent folks, but a few will test your patience!

So now you can all count on me as your source for free pens, with handy drug ads on 'em!

Woohoo!