Author Topic: Lord of War...  (Read 956 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Lord of War...
« on: March 12, 2006, 04:43:08 AM »
Saw it last night.

Thought I would like it, as the topic seemed to be interesting, but I didn't know I was going to enjoy it nearly as much as I did.

Much of it was done in an overnarrative style, which I thought was EXTREMELY effective in this movie.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Lord of War...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 06:12:46 AM »
My favorite part was actually the opening sequence, showing the life of 7.62x39 round from beginning to someone's end.

I thought the movie's ending was sort of poor.  But overall it was good and I would certainly recommend it.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Ron

Lord of War...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 06:39:54 AM »
I remember a bunch a people at THR saying it was filled with anti gun propaganda.

My buddy who isn't very "political" saw it and raved about it so I rented it.

Enjoyed it a lot, two thumbs up.

brimic

• friends
Lord of War...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 07:15:22 AM »
Never had an itch to buy an AK until I saw the movie.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Lord of War...
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 07:54:00 AM »
I didn't really find it to be anti-gun at all.

Yes, it carried a message, but it wasn't anti-second amendment rights. I got the impression that it was anti-war/poverty/destruction and definitely anti-dealing with tin-horn dictators.

I think one of the characters even made the point that if they didn't sell the weapons, the bad guys would just find another way to kill each other.

I have to admit, I was kind of sad when Bilbo Baggings took a slug to the head. Smiley
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Lord of War...
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 10:38:28 AM »
Well, it was only anti-gun in that they implied that the poor Africans would stop killing eachother if only the flow of guns dried up.  And yet, they show a group of men kill a mother and son with machetes, thus proving themselves wrong...