Author Topic: Well the divorce came through last month  (Read 2093 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
Well the divorce came through last month
« on: March 12, 2006, 03:13:50 PM »
And with my ex-wife soon to be out of the house...

Coming down off the bedroom wall

Going up

Any other suggestions for redecorating?
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 03:19:24 PM »
How about G. Gordon's Stacked and Packed Calendar.  heh.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 03:46:10 PM »
Whenever I see that picture of The Duke, I think of Slim Pickens' line in Spielberg's movie 1941

Speaking to Jap sub commander:

Hollis "Holly" Wood (Slim Pickens):  "Hollywood? Well that's easy! It's right.... Oh no you don't. You thought you were gonna get me to show you where Hollywood is, didn't ya? I bet you're gonna bomb John Wayne's house, aren't ya?"

Jap Sub Commander: "John Wayne-O?"  

cracks me up for some reason

Can't make out the first pic well, but Mr. Wayne is an improvement, I am sure.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 03:48:49 PM »
i don't know if ole Duke would be such a great idea for the bedroom
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

DrAmazon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 03:53:01 PM »
My heart goes out to ya Stand_waite.  I did that routine 2 years ago (I did the moving).  It was hard to decide to do it, harder still to go through it, and here and there I still have the occasional bad day.

Maybe you should have the "Fab Five" come out and help you with the redecorating!

Seriously though, do a massive rehab on that room.  New paint, new bedding, rearrange or even replace the furniture, and make room your own.  Cabellas has some interesting furniture and linen options (mossy oak and such) or find some western motif stuff to complement the Duke.
Experiment with a chemist!

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 03:53:43 PM »
Quote from: grampster
How about G. Gordon's Stacked and Packed Calendar.  heh.
Knowing you as I do, I know that's a joke (I said that for our friends who might have thought you serious), but no, I'll keep my mannish lusts well out of sight of my little baby who's going to be staying here. At her age she sure doesn't need to be getting the idea that breasts and bottoms are the more important parts of women. I've got her mother's, and her soon-to-be step-father's perversions to try and keep her out of the way of without exposing her to my (and I suppose most every other man's) own.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 04:02:59 PM »
Quote from: DrAmazon
My heart goes out to ya Stand_waite.  I did that routine 2 years ago (I did the moving).  It was hard to decide to do it, harder still to go through it, and here and there I still have the occasional bad day.

Maybe you should have the "Fab Five" come out and help you with the redecorating!

Seriously though, do a massive rehab on that room.  New paint, new bedding, rearrange or even replace the furniture, and make room your own.  Cabellas has some interesting furniture and linen options (mossy oak and such) or find some western motif stuff to complement the Duke.
Thanks for the thoughts Dr. I'm on the upslope of a deep depression. That's why I've been absent so long. Seriously, were I to hit the lotto I'd hire a homosexual redecorator just for the prestige. Then I'd tell him to make it "Macho - make it so macho that you can laugh to your friends about this crazy repressed homo-hetero that you did a room for" to do a study/library for me. Animal heads, dark oak trim, antique firearms, the works. Laugh all you want about cliches but I watch Christopher Lowell and there's something to that stereotype.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »
Keep hangin' tough Stand.  Remember...All things work for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.  You are...so it will.  I'll put you back on my list...although I might need a new water heater as I do my prayin' in the shower, (right after I thank Him for letting someone invent warm water) and the water gets cold before I get done with my list.  The older I get, the more folks I know that need prayin' for, not the least, me.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 04:28:56 PM »
Quote from: grampster
Keep hangin' tough Stand.  Remember...All things work for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.  You are...so it will.  I'll put you back on my list...although I might need a new water heater as I do my prayin' in the shower, (right after I thank Him for letting someone invent warm water) and the water gets cold before I get done with my list.  The older I get, the more folks I know that need prayin' for, not the least, me.
Pray for my ex-wife too. She's going to need it down the road a piece.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 05:12:51 PM »
Trust me when I say that it'll get better.  I got divorced 11 years ago last Christmas. I was the one who moved out. It was awful.  Suffice it to say that it took almost 4 years for the divorce to come through- she kept it tied up in court over property, trying to cut deals that couldn't be made- and she got 2 houses out of it, along with almost everything but my clothes.  By that time, I'd made a lot of progress  with myself.  Shortly thereafter I remarried and now have two fine stepsons who I'm very proud of, finally, not to mention the respect and love of a fine lady.

Lately I've heard that my former wife hasn't moved very far forward on what I had hoped would be progress.  Oh well.

Live your life as an example to be esteemed.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

SpookyPistolero

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 05:20:20 PM »
Very sorry to hear about the separation, only for the pains it causes, but I am happy for you to get that cat poster off the wall!

It's been a while, but I'll try sending some prayers out for you.

I'm always impressed by the caliber of the folks on this board, and always feel uplifted about the prospects of life in general after reading people's comments. It's easy to get down and not see the good stuff.

My very best wishes-
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

BillBlank

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 08:08:34 PM »
It is unfortunate that knowledge of how decent a human being you really are often only comes with a boatload of really unpleasant things. Good to see you back. Your daughter ok?

Love the duke poster, hanging it in the bedroom would probably raise the eyebrow of a gay decorator though. LMAO about the "So macho that you can laugh to your friends about this crazy repressed homo-hetero that you did a room for".

This will sound an odd suggestion but if you like your cars then a well done exploded technical diagram of a small block chevy or ferrari V12 can look nice in the right spot. Also, a dartboard and if you haven't done so already save some pennies and treat yourself to a decent set of hifi seperates ( and play the music YOU like at the volume YOU like. As it's your home you will be spared having to explain as I did exactly why those monolithic speakers HAVE to go there and what a soundstage is Smiley.

for monolithic size and sound and built in your country start here http://www.cerwinvega.com/

Good luck and hang in there.
Just so happens Satan's behind the bar pulling the late shift for a buddy...

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 12:59:55 AM »
Wet bar in the bedroom...

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

matis

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 06:42:38 AM »
Stand_watie,

I was so sorry to hear, a while back, that you were going through a divorce.  I've been through that and know how hard that can be.

But you get to keep your daughter??!!

No words for how great THAT is!

In my case, things eventually turned out very well and I'm good friends with my ex.

You have been supportive of me on this forum in the past.  But that is not the only reason I feel so supportive of you.  Who you are comes through clearly in your posts.

Decorate as you like, enjoy your daughter and, when you're ready to, find a good woman to share happiness with.

So glad to see you back.

matis
Si vis pacem; para bellum.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 07:58:16 PM »
Quote from: matis
Stand_watie,

I was so sorry to hear, a while back, that you were going through a divorce.  I've been through that and know how hard that can be.

But you get to keep your daughter??!!

No words for how great THAT is!
Thanks for the kind words. I look at it as "my daughter gets to keep her home/school/church/friends/etc despite the fact that one of her parents wanted to leave".  I've guaranteed my ex 50% time with our daughter, if she can work it around school etc, but I doubt she'll take me up on it. I tried to talk her into moving close enough by to be more than just a weekend mom, but the new beau doesn't want to leave the home cooking and free rent at mom's house which is three hours away and she wants to be with him. Priorities you know.

Decorate as you like, enjoy your daughter and, when you're ready to, find a good woman to share happiness with.matis
I guess my first priority on the good woman will have to be somebody good for my daughter. I guess first I've got to get a handle on whatever caused me to make such a choice the first time around. Arranged marriages seem better and better after you've had to lie in a bed like that that you made. Maybe I'll get the wisest lady I know (my 90 year old grandmother) to pick somebody out for me sight unseen. Or maybe I should head up to Iowa and try to find one of those sturdy farm gals with hands like hams and a heart of gold Smiley Does anybody know if Gretchen Wilson is single?
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 08:02:58 PM »
Quote from: 280plus
Wet bar in the bedroom...

Cheesy
I've already gained 25 lbs since last summer. I need the excercise of having to walk to the refrigerator for another beer Cheesy The good news is I've got pneumonia so I had to give up the two packs of smokes a day I started up when the wife first walked in April (84 hours without a smoke woo hoo!)
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"