Author Topic: Alton Brown political statement or joke?  (Read 1482 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Alton Brown political statement or joke?
« on: March 13, 2006, 05:54:22 AM »
I was watching TV chef Alton Brown's show on making jerkey when I saw something I hadn't seen before...

He was gathering ingredients out of his cupboard, and one of them was worcestershire sauce. It was, obviously Heinz brand, as you could see the top and shoulders of the stylized Keystone that they use.

Instead of saying Heinz, though, it said... Kerry.

It was filmed well after the November 2004 election, so I'm leaning towards joke...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 07:01:03 AM »
I'd bet joke.  He has lots of puns and sight gags on his show.  That's one of the reasons I like his show more than any other.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 07:18:01 AM »
My wife and I caught that, too. They always cover brand names, so I'm sure it was a joke. I'm an AB fanatic, but I have to say I'm disappointed, because I prefer Lea & Perrin's.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 07:34:52 AM »
In the general pecking order of worcestershire sauces, L&P is best, Heinz is second, and French's is just absolute crap. I won't even use French's.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 04:21:29 PM »
Probably a joke, but his jerky method is good stuff.  I thought the recipe was a little too salty, so I toned it down a bit, but the thing with the box fans and the air filters works very well.