Author Topic: Greecing the skids  (Read 10401 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Greecing the skids
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2011, 05:10:32 PM »
So as of today, the Greek Prime Minister thinks that a referendum is not needed after all.  Apparently, it was pretty close as to whether the Greeks thought this Prime Minister was not needed either.  I had read that the EU was going to cancel the next financial subsidy to Greece and they would have run out of money starting 10 November.  

Well, at least the stock market liked this latest decision.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2011, 07:16:47 PM »
So as of today, the Greek Prime Minister thinks that a referendum is not needed after all.  Apparently, it was pretty close as to whether the Greeks thought this Prime Minister was not needed either.  I had read that the EU was going to cancel the next financial subsidy to Greece and they would have run out of money starting 10 November.  

Well, at least the stock market liked this latest decision.

The vote of confidence is tomorrow, and the referendum might not be off the table - Papandreou's speech read as if he was still advocating one (or at least the translation of it did), and if he does fall its likely that there will be elections (which will inevitably be a referendum of sorts on the deal) unless he can get enough of the other parties to paint targets on their chests and be a government of national suicide unity.   
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2011, 08:08:12 PM »
The stock market likes anything that will keep the "high" going, whether it's crack or methadone.  Only reality is a financial bummer.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2011, 12:43:49 AM »
According to my Euro history prof, the powers-that-be in the EU are just aghast at a question like this being put to the people. As their social betters, the EU knows so much better, of course.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2011, 06:06:11 AM »
According to my Euro history prof, the powers-that-be in the EU are just aghast at a question like this being put to the people. As their social betters, the EU knows so much better, of course.

This sounds typical of their behavior.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner