Author Topic: Presidential debate #2.  (Read 15652 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Presidential debate #2.
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 11:10:13 PM »

[Sexist Pig]Why is a woman named Candy moderating a debate instead of swinging around a stripper pole?[/Sexist Pig]

You have actually seen the woman in question haven't you? [barf]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 11:13:38 PM »
I'd like to see someone like Neal Boortz or Mark Levin moderate a debate.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 11:14:55 PM »
I had an idea that Candy wouldn't be the best moderator.

I LOL'd when she said that the questions were "only known to her and her team".

Insert Quote
I'd like to see someone like Neal Boortz

That would be *expletive deleted* hilarious. Especially if you've heard Boortz lately since he's stopped giving a *expletive deleted* b/c he's retiring next year anyway  :rofl:

You have actually seen the woman in question haven't you?

She ain't that bad looking...and she'd be thinner if she was getting some regular exercise, you know, like swinging around the aforementioned stripper pole.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 11:27:29 PM »
The blatant lie she told to support Obama's naked lie on Benghazi was the single most egregious debate moment I've ever witnessed. Not only did she take sides, she lied to support her preferred candidate.

i guess i missed that part,  what did she say?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 12:14:57 AM »
The blatant lie she told to support Obama's naked lie on Benghazi was the single most egregious debate moment I've ever witnessed. Not only did she take sides, she lied to support her preferred candidate.

She admitted she was wrong after the debate.  Whether she did it by accident or purposely the Romney campaign is probably going to be making a lot of hay with that.  I think this is going to start getting bigger and bigger and Obama is going to regret how he answered that question tonight.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 12:16:51 AM »
i guess i missed that part,  what did she say?

She had BHO's back on his first news conference after Benghazi where he blamed it on a video and a film maker, but did not mention terrorism/terrorists.  

http://www.althouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/live-blogging-second-obama-vs-romney.html

9:19: Romney, in command, questions Obama about what he said the day after the attack in the Rose Garden. "You said it was an act of terror?" Romney asks twice. After the first time, Obama says "That's what I said." After the second time, Romney gives him a penetrating look. There's a pause. Romney raises his eyebrows in a way that seems to repeat the question again. "It was not a spontaneous demonstration? Is that what you're saying?" Obama bows his head. His eyes are closed. Obama looks up and with a little smile says: "Please proceed Governor." Romney gestures with his hand. "I wanted to make sure we get that for the record, because it took the President 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi and act of terror." Obama says "Get the transcript," and Crowley helps Obama by saying "He did in fact, sir... He did in fact call it an act of terror. It did as well take 2 weeks or so for the whole idea of there being a riot out there about this tape to come out, you're correct about that." Jeez, Crowley is way overparticipating! And the audience applauds her!

9:20: Romney got tripped up on a little detail there, so his theatrical presentation fizzled in the end. He stuttered a bit. He should have had the preparation for that moment nailed. Obama lucked out. [ADDED: We're checking the transcript on the Rose Garden speech and the word "terror" (or "terrorist" or "terrorism") is not in it! Am I wrong? That really tripped up Romney, so if he wasn't wrong, I condemn Crowley.][AND: He said "outrageous attack," but certainly nothing like "act of terror."][ALSO: The word "terror" does appear in the full transcript of the remarks, as opposed to the written statement, but not in the context of characterizing the attack in Benghazi, in a more general reference, quoted at 10:21 below. The answer to Romney's question "You said it was an act of terror?" was clearly no, and when Obama bowed his head and looked down, I think he knew he was being deceitful. I imagine he thought: This is what I have to say.]
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 12:45:07 AM »
Candy did not need to "protect" the President about the Benghazi raid.  The President is pretty good at stretching the truth without anyone's help.

There was a tremendous amount of "noise" associated with this debate and I feel both candidates made points in their favor and against the other.  If you were independant and wanting to vote for Romney, I think this debate confirmed that Romney is probably your man.  If you voted for Obama before and wanting to see you man stand up to Romney so you could feel good about government creating jobs, then Obama gave you that.

One of the things that bothered me was Obama's point that he wanted to spend the money that was going to be saved as a result of ending the Iraq conflict on programs inside the US.  Spend Spend Spend!!!!  This kind didn't surprise me, but Romney didn't even pick up on it.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 12:53:26 AM »
Candy did a nice pivot to protect Obama when Fast and Furious came up...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 01:05:56 AM »
Candy did a nice pivot to protect Obama when Fast and Furious came up...

He (OBAMA) never really answered the Fast and Furious question, why does he need a executive order to hide the facts regarding the investigation of his pal Eric Holder giving guns to Mexican drug cartels???

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 01:32:37 AM »
He (OBAMA) never really answered the Fast and Furious question, why does he need a executive order to hide the facts regarding the investigation of his pal Eric Holder giving guns to Mexican drug cartels???

Exactly, Candy moved them on to another question right after Mitt brought up F&F and Executive Privilege.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 01:38:35 AM »

I took a long smoke break in the middle of the debate, but I never saw Obama answer any of the questions he was asked. Normal political crap.

I did see Romney answer a few of his questions. If he can do the same in the next debate, I might not have to vote for Gary Johnson.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 01:44:59 AM »
Candy Crowley was anything but fair. I timed the answers with a stopwatch, and Obama ran over consistently, sometimes going four or five minutes without Crowley saying a word.

She stopped Romney when he started talking about the MA AW ban, and reminded him that the subject was renewing the '94 ban. When Obama's turn came, and he talked about education instead, she didn't say a word.

She interrupted and "corrected" Romney frequently, but let Obama go wherever he wanted.

I'm sick of debates moderated by journalists. We should hire boxing referees. At least they know how to read a watch.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 02:18:10 AM »

[Sexist Pig]Why is a woman named Candy moderating a debate instead of swinging around a stripper pole?[/Sexist Pig]

Go straight to hell smoking a turd. Damn you. I'm going to have nightmares tonight
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 07:14:10 AM »
My initial reaction:

I think Romney scored well on defending his tax/economic policies. He also scored points on energy.
Romney over reached and flubbed the Benghazi. This should have been easy points, ugh.
No body cares about guns or contraception, that is not the big issue of this election. So I consider those questions irrelevant, nobody wins irrelevant questions.

Obama tried to defend his record and did a decent job. Healthcare, Iraq, taxes, Osama. Unfortunately for him, I don't like Obamacare, Iraq was won by Bush's troop surge, and he didn't lower taxes on this middle income earner, he raised them.

I watch the debates using xbox-live. So there is no running commentary from the fat heads, just straight up live stream. I think that colors my reaction differently than the rest of the viewers.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »

I'm sick of debates moderated by journalists. We should hire boxing referees. At least they know how to read a watch.

this, with a button for the participants shock collar if they continue past their warning!  both candidates tired me on that point.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 08:02:09 AM »
After the moderator interjected herself into the Libya question she seemed to give up any sense of impartiality. She got worse as the debate went along.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 08:22:13 AM »

Darn it Avenger29 you owe me a new keyboard.  I opened up this thread to new messages and yours was the first I read as I was taking a drink of water.  :lol:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2012, 09:18:04 AM »
Obama came off better then the first debate, or at least seems to have had a cup of coffee before the debate. Romney didn't do quite as well and made less direct hits, but then this one seems a lot more slanted. So all in all I think this one's a tie, MAYBE a slight edge to Romney. But defiantly no big win in either direction like the first debate.

The moderator? *expletive deleted*ing useless.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2012, 09:43:53 AM »
. . . I'm sick of debates moderated by journalists. Democrat partisan hacks  . . .  
FIFY

Candy Crowley chose the questions . . . and she chose one for Romney that went something along the lines of "You're an EVIL REPUBLICAN - just how different are you from that son of Satan, the hellspawn George Bush?"  (OK, I'm paraphrasing a little bit.  ;)  )   It's not surprising that some "undecided" voter (undecided - yeah right.  ;/ ) would bring up Bush since they think their guy is still running against him, but NO "professional" news person should include this sort of a "gotcha" partisan question in a moderated debate.

If Candy were being fair, impartial, and nonpartisan, she would have had to include a similar question for Obama asking him to define his differences from Karl Marx . . . or, at the least, Hugo Chavez.

But of course she wasn't about that, she was all about helping Obama. (By the way, BHO got about 9% more time to talk than Romney. And . . . notice that when Romney said at one point that he thought since Obama had started the question, he'd get the last word, that Candy said "Discussion doesn't work that way." Typical for a partisan hack.)

Romney could have been a bit more direct and to-the-point at certain parts of the debate (he should have had Libya nailed with some very smooth talking points) and when he said the middle class was "buried" for 4 years he should have given Joe Biden credit for using the term - and then pointed out who's been in charge for the last 4 years.

AND . . . he should have resurrected Obama's comment about it being "unpatriotic" to go to the Bank of China to add 4 trillion to the debt, and then added that Obama added more debt twice as fast, and then posed the question "What word is twice as bad as unpatriotic? Maybe Obama can come up with one . . . and then apply it to the man he sees in the mirror each morning. "  

Romney wasn't as firmly "pro gun" as I would have liked, but does anyone else think that Obama's support for a renewed AWB will cost him votes in flyover country?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:45:04 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2012, 09:45:51 AM »
The emerging consensus, if one can call it that, seems to indicate that it's a draw, with a minor edge for Romney if one is willing to give credence to those "undecided voter panels" the news channels use.

If that's the case, then Obama's horrid performance in the first debate still stands.  =D
I promise not to duck.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 10:00:01 AM »
Romney wasn't as firmly "pro gun" as I would have liked, but does anyone else think that Obama's support for a renewed AWB will cost him votes in flyover country?
Agreed there.

I don't think anyone has any delusions Romney is solidly pro gun, I just don't know that he is particularly anti gun either. At least in the sense that he isn't going to push for it or go along with it if the democrats get frisky. A bill that has some trade offs maybe, but not something second term Obama would be all to happy to go with or throw support behind.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
Its Bush's Fault 1111!!!!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »
Its Bush's Fault 1111!!!!

I definitely shouted "BUSH!" from the kitchen as I was making dinner when that question came up.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2012, 11:24:50 AM »
does anyone else think that Obama's support for a renewed AWB will cost him votes in flyover country?

Doubtful. Anyone who owns or cares the least little bit about AWs already pretty much is anti-Obama. Plenty of FUDDs love him.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!