Author Topic: Stupid Party - or BLITHERING IDIOT party?  (Read 3273 times)

HankB

• friend
Stupid Party - or BLITHERING IDIOT party?
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:41:37 AM »
We all know about Todd Akin in Missouri making stupid comments about rape . . . well, now in Indiana, Richard Mourdock, the GOP candidate, did much the same - even after he HAD to know about Akin's problem!   :facepalm:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/23/indiana-senate-candidate-god-at-work-when-rape-leads-to-pregnancy/?utm_medium=VPH&utm_source=topvph_news&utm_campaign=371398

This is two weeks before the election . . . is he actually TRYING to throw the race to the Democrat, and keep Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader?   :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Stupid Party - or BLITHERING IDIOT party?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »
What the *expletive deleted*...

*expletive deleted*ing retarded...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 11:23:40 AM »
So why are you blaming the whole party for comments by one guy in one state?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 12:18:57 PM »
Because it's pretty much endemic?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »
So why are you blaming the whole party for comments by one guy in one state?

Because the MSM will pick it up as a national battle flag to sway a portion of "undecided" voters. Context is irrelevant.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 01:07:48 PM »
[cheesy almost southern faked accent]"Romney's gonna put ya'll back in chains!"[/cheesy almost southern faked accent]

Just sayin.  Dems say as much stupid *expletive deleted*it but just get free passes from the media.

Let's not forget Harry Reid's "negro dialect" comments

http://youtu.be/H4yjrhXFPhA

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »
You know, THIS stuff is why I wish conservatives would treat abortion as a third rail: it seems to bring out the stupid in so many folks

Seriously? "God intended that"?

Gee... I wonder if "She was asking for it" crosses his mind when he hears a woman was raped.
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »
You know, THIS stuff is why I wish conservatives would treat abortion as a third rail: it seems to bring out the stupid in so many folks

Seriously? "God intended that"?

Gee... I wonder if "She was asking for it" crosses his mind when he hears a woman was raped.

I was probably getting around to that before a staffer beat him over the head.....
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 04:54:24 PM »
I thought his meaning was apparent even if his wording was incorrect. I guess not.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't saying that God condones any rape. I think he meant that the life created thereby is still sacred in God's eyes even in those terrible circumstances. He has since issued a clarification.

IMO this is really a non-story, and it only happened because the MSM are trying to get a soundbyte so they can manufacture #outrage.

Edited to correct word
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:23:13 AM by Jocassee »
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
Because the MSM will pick it up as a national battle flag to sway a portion of "undecided" voters. Context is irrelevant.
it is a self fulfilling prophesy.  Because you are paranoid and scared of the media, you are granting them more power than they have.  Also, the title of this thread and your unfounded insults only back up what the media is saying so you are in fact helping the media and advancing this nonsense. Any undecided voter looking at this thread will assume many of us agree with the media if they don't read closer. 

If the Repubs and others would just refuse to make a fuss about it, the media would have no story and it would quickly go away.  When the media gets quotes from idiot republicans denouncing this stuff, it backs up the story and confirms the tactics the media is using.  

If I was going to call the national Republicans stupid, it would be for jumping when the media says jump.  They only make it worse.  It is frustrating to argue some these issues with liberals who trot out quotes from Republicans to back up there side. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:43:32 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »
Never mind. I'll just plus-one the below comment, with a slight correction:

I thought his meaning was apparent even if his wording was correct. I guess not. tailor-made for those who spin things for a living.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't saying that God condones any rape. I think he meant that the life created thereby is still sacred in God's eyes even in those terrible circumstances. He has since issued a clarification.

IMO this is really a non-story, and it only happened because the MSM are trying to get a soundbyte so they can manufacture #outrage.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:19:27 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 06:41:49 AM »
Obama was on Leno last night - guess who gave the story some national legs . . .

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-tackles-rape-comments-fiscal-cliff-tv-talk-034456779.html
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 10:25:57 AM »
I'm confused. It seems to me that those who consider God to be the all powerful micro-manager of everything also believe themselves to be competent to tell the rest of us what God thinks and wants of us.
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 10:42:43 AM »
I'm confused. It seems to me that those who consider God to be the all powerful micro-manager of everything also believe themselves to be competent to tell the rest of us what God thinks and wants of us.

While this is often and unfortunately true, consistency in respect for human life is not the sole proprietorship of we Bible-thumpers.

What I, and Mr. Mourdock, fail to see is how a life becomes any less valuable by virtue of how it was conceived.

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 10:52:35 AM »

From a tale of honor:

Mary MacGregor: Robert, there is more. I am carrying a child and I do not know who is the father."
Robert Roy MacGregor: Ach, Mary...
Mary MacGregor: I could not kill it, husband.
Robert Roy MacGregor: It's not the child that needs killing.

Some of you will know the context.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 11:20:45 AM »
Maybe because deep-down, or not so deep, the Republican Party doesn't really believe in liberty any more than the Democrat party does...?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »
Stupid phrasing that is an absolute gift to his challenger, but fistful and Jocassee have already covered what he was trying to say.  He wasn't in any way condoning rape or saying his God approves of it, just that it does not (in his eyes) decrease the value of a human life thus conceived.

The whole rape-abortion argument isn't really the point anyway.  Very few pro-abortionists would approve of the casual killing of a child after they are born for any reason - even if they were conceived when their mother was raped by a Nazi GOP lawyer.  Moreover, very few of those who play the rape-abortion card, the incest card or the medical necessity card want to limit abortion to cases of rape, incest or medical necessity.  It's a foot-in-the-door towards a more general policy of allowing abortion.

What it all comes down to is the fact that anti-abortion types and pro-abortion types have a fundamentally different understanding of when life becomes human.  Indeed, there is a whole continuum of understanding on that subject.

Maybe because deep-down, or not so deep, the Republican Party doesn't really believe in liberty any more than the Democrat party does...?
Of course they don't.  They believe in obtaining and maintaining power.

My wife brought up a good point the other day: If the Libertarians ever achieve significant power, they would likely become just as corrupt and anti-liberty in their own various ways as the other parties very quickly - the only reason they are able to claim the moral high ground is because they don't have any power.