Author Topic: the new season 24 thread  (Read 1536 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
the new season 24 thread
« on: January 14, 2007, 08:05:21 PM »
 !st Ahmed doesn't look like a Palestinian or Hammas etc, he looks like
he is Indian...isn't he the guy from "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle?"

I guess he can be from Kasmir.....

They covered all the liberal talking points ,but all in all it wasn't as as it could have been.

Jack recovering from two years of Chinese torture was kind of remarkable and Cloey's new BF looks like he is going to sell out to the bad guys before the end of the season...she has such poor taste in men.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Dannyboy

• friend
Re: the new season 24 thread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 03:34:04 AM »
Yes, that was Kumar.  Or Taj if you're a Van Wilder fan.  I thought the same thing about Chloe's friend.  He looks the unsavory type.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes Jack to get over his issues.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 04:58:38 AM »
Why couldn't they find an Arab actor to play Ahmed?
they are like the 50's movies where they have folks like Kirk Douglas
and Charles Bronson playing Native Americans.

How are we supposed to be afraid of Kumar?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 05:24:02 AM »
How are we supposed to be afraid of Kumar?
I think that's kind of the point.  He's not really supposed to scary on the outside, the whole "sleeper cell" thing.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 05:55:01 AM »
Bauer is some guy . . . tortured at length by the Chinese, shipped, handcuffed, back to the USA where, after a long flight, he's sold out, cleaned up, smacked bloody in the head (heals fast), beaten some more, stabbed in the shoulder, stabbed in the back . . . and then he bites a guy's neck, rescues a terrorist that's trying to reform, finds a suicide bomber, wins a fight with him, and kicks him through the door of a moving subway train . . . all in less than two hours! (Not to mention he has ZERO problem getting around LA instantaneously.)

Good to have him on your side.

Though I wonder how many men would continue to support the USA after being sold out - repeatedly! - by the powers-that-be. The script writers really, really seem to be saying our government is thoroughly, criminally corrupt at every level.

Little trivia bit: Notice that the reformed terrorist is Alexander Siddig, the guy who played the doctor on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine?" He used to go by Siddig El Fadil, but about halfway through ST:DS9 he changed his name. (He's Sudanese, by the way.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 05:56:44 AM »
Did anyone else appreciate the irony of the main bad guy (Fayid?) carrying a Baby Eagle?
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

ONE-SHOT-ONE

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 08:01:12 AM »
hey terrorist need good guns too!
i think cloe's bo will be suspected of treason then found to be inocent, possible to late.
only real gripe i have is that subway door seemed really weak.
and we all know that the bad guys they are chasing now are the small fry and we wont see the big bad guys till later in the series.

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 08:55:53 AM »
*Warning possible spoilers as I've seen all 4 hours...

I was bothered by the statement that the Japanese and Italian(not mentioned) nationals  internment during WWII was a "great shame" of our nation.
Then later it was said that if we interned middle eastern men that "this nation would not be able to heal itself and survive"

Interesting how we survived the internment of WWII. Not only survived but thrived.

I have also read numerous accounts from Japanese and Italian origin citizens that were interned.  Most stated they didn't like it, it wasn't a fun experience, but all knew it was neccessary.

And if it was such a great shame how come there wasn't a major movement afterwards to "right the wrong"?

I was glad to see the muslim organization leader (the one boinking the Presidents sister) stand up to her and point out that, while it seemed bad as first, he realised that there were men that were interned that DESERVED IT.

I have to say the one thing that bugs the hell out of me on 24 and this applies to all seasons.
Is the portrayal of those in highend law enforcement as high school drama queens.
Honestly if we have that kind of crap going on in those agencies all the time, then we have a systemic problem.

The death of Curtis was unexpected, and certainly up for debate. 
I doubt an individual in his possition would be that worked up over ancient history.  And would understand the magnitude of the situation.
It's another stab at the professionalism of our highlevel security agents.

I guess I better wait till tomorrow to post any further discussion. Since most have not seen tonights 2 hours
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 04:02:13 PM »
Is the portrayal of those in high end law enforcement as high school drama queens.

I know!!! Hollywood writers are so dang lame sometimes, is it impossible for them to do any research?
They are still stuck in High School emotionally I guess.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 06:36:11 PM »
Overall lame...but ten times better than most.  Ya think they'll ever figure out that you don't take armed terrorists alive by sending in a swarm of armed men ready to shoot, without the benefit of flash bangers or such? And why can they track down Jack farting in the Mohave desert, but they can't find a dozen terrorists talking on cell phones and running computer labs that rival the CIA?  Oh well... it's good entertainment! 

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 08:29:29 PM »
KABOOM!

So The kids dad has enough and is willing to kill a grown man but
can't take on Kumar?  it was obvious the kid hostage has never been on
THR or he would have known that he had a chance to strike with his hidden knife.

Not bad though, it looks like Jack is back now...KABOOM!

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 06:37:46 AM »
Yeah the hostage situation with the family is annoying too.

Once he got the device in his possession that's when I would have gone to the authorities.

That and he had several opportunities to overcome Kumar.

I am always amazed at situations where a BG has a gun on you at point blank range.  That is the best position to be in.. as opposed to being back 3-5 feet.  At point blank you have a good chance you can wrestle it from him.  I'd take the chance.  Especially when your dealing with a middle eastern man. (Sorry my peaceful Arab brothers, but you brought it on by not taking down the radical regimes that you've allowed to take over your fellow peaceful brothers)

The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 08:56:12 PM »
all the right wing conservative talk radio guys loved the season premier.
I guess it's easier then to talk about the real issues, I found it a little to liberal for my taste
but thts the way addictions are.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 05:45:24 AM »
i heard yesterday that the season 6 premier, 4 episodes will be available on DVD this week for 15 bucks

of course its already up in torrent space
and theres a wiki posti:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_(season_6)
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 08:04:43 PM »
"using the politics of fear"

I swear, Hollywood writers are so dim!.....half of the thr crew could write better
lines then that!!!

A nuke goes off and any administration will declare martial law immediately, except it would be far worse under a libby admin.

That being said, this introduction of Jacks Family is very interesting.
I bet his "nephew" is really his son, part of the reason why his brother hates him so much.

...why didn't EMP's knock out the cell phones?

...back to nukes...no way the country would be as calm as they portray it....

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 09:30:40 PM »
what! no one else watched it?

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 02:16:09 AM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 07:23:06 AM »
Great, first he gets his arm severed by a helicopter, and now this.

Jack's likely take on family: "The only innocent Bauer relative is a dead one."

I also find it hard to believe that if Al-Assad had beheaded American servicemen (on camera no less) that anybody would let him walk around unbound or be the slightest bit civil to him.

My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 04:11:44 PM »
well Devonai in the nice little universe that Hollywood writers live in
you are just insensitive!

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 08:59:51 AM »
Why are the libs so upset with this show? It's total lib propaganda!