Author Topic: 8 y/o scores peewee football touchdown, coach suspended and team fined $500  (Read 2379 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
http://www.cbs46.com/story/26879563/8-year-old-scores-touchdown-team-fined-500

I feel bad for kids raised in this era of everyone gets a trophy, don't win too hard cause you'll make them feel bad stupidity.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://www.cbs46.com/story/26879563/8-year-old-scores-touchdown-team-fined-500

I feel bad for kids raised in this era of everyone gets a trophy, don't win too hard cause you'll make them feel bad stupidity.

Son's flag football team won last night 34-0.  Normally the coach would not have pushed it quite so hard all the way to the end, but this game determined if they went to the playoffs, so he didn't let up. 

And if the 33-point rule had been in effect, it might have been my son who triggered it, as he sacked the QB in their end zone, getting a safety.  My son does well, but his success at nose guard got the opposing team's center & guards to start hitting him with their weight.  He is 4th grade to their 5th/6th grade and is smaller, though leaner & quicker.  He is learning that he needs some more muscle mass if he is going to be effective when he moves on to real football.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

zxcvbob

• friend
Whose pocket does the $500 disappear into?   :police:
"It's good, though..."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.

One of the coolest things at the local history museum is a photo of the university football team back in the leather helmet days, in front of the scoreboard showing a spread of more than 100 points.  108-6, IIRC.

wmenorr67

• friend
If you are going to have a "mercy" rule then do as they do in baseball and just end the game.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
And the pussification of America continues.

If they're so worried about these kids' feelings, why:

1. Didn't they stop the game out of a sense of mercy?

2. Do they even keep score?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
I played goalie on my high school soccer team in my junior and senior years. The first two games of my junior season were against schools that didn't have football teams, so the jocks were all on the soccer team. My school had a football team -- a good one -- so we soccer players were not an integral part of the jock brotherhood.

My first game was a loss by a score of something like 16 - 0. The second game was something like 12 - 0 and featured me having a goal scored against me by one of my own defensive backs. I wouldn't have wanted there to be a mercy rule in effect. Once that gets invoked, the poorer team has no benchmark for how good or how bad they are, because the other team isn't allowed to play to the limit of their ability. Anything the losers accomplish from that point forward is irrelevant, because it's accomplished in an artificially rigged setting.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
And the pussification of America continues.

If they're so worried about these kids' feelings, why:

1. Didn't they stop the game out of a sense of mercy?

2. Do they even keep score?

That's what I want to know. If there's a mercy rule, why would you let them keep playing!?

That's absolutely insane to fine a team made up of 8 year olds for scoring "more than they are allowed."

Our country is nuts.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
That's what I want to know. If there's a mercy rule, why would you let them keep playing!?

That's absolutely insane to fine a team made up of 8 year olds for scoring "more than they are allowed."

Our country is nuts.

That's an easy one; think about it.  (You're forgetting about the $500.)
"It's good, though..."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
And here I was hoping it was about the pro team that signed on a kid for one game, or maybe the HS team that suited up a kid and all but carried him from deep in the end zone to the other end zone (opposing team's players doing full-body sprawl missed tackles all the way downfield).  You know, something really stupid I could get worked up over.

Being the 26th-place winner in a class of 25! :facepalm:  Have you ever seen one of those precious snowflakes when they come up against the real world for the first time?  (Like when Mom gets told she cannot sit in on the kid's employment interview. :O)  (Or they find out that the cop who is arresting them fox X does not agree that saying "I'm sorry" is good enough to let them go.)  The meltdown is worse than a 2-year old being told "no" in the middle of the candy aisle.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
That's an easy one; think about it.  (You're forgetting about the $500.)

And that's why I come here: I look like an optimist. :P :lol:

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Being the 26th-place winner in a class of 25! :facepalm:  Have you ever seen one of those precious snowflakes when they come up against the real world for the first time?  (Like when Mom gets told she cannot sit in on the kid's employment interview. :O)  (Or they find out that the cop who is arresting them fox X does not agree that saying "I'm sorry" is good enough to let them go.)  The meltdown is worse than a 2-year old being told "no" in the middle of the candy aisle.

stay safe.

And that's why you deal with it when they are two and don't let that sense of entitlement grow until they are too large for parents to handle.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
In baseball or softball a mercy rule is understandable, since innings are not on a clock and no one wants to sit through a 12 hour game just because the worse team can't get three outs.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
I remember we had a good team one year. No such thing as a mercy rule but in one game coach put in second string to keep it from being a rout. And we all understood. It's not really fun beating someone you don't hate like that .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
I remember we had a good team one year. No such thing as a mercy rule but in one game coach put in second string to keep it from being a rout. And we all understood. It's not really fun beating someone you don't hate like that .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember when I was in Nebraska the coach putting the 4th & 5th stringers out in that case, because the 2nd stringers were effectively as good as the 1st stringers, not to mention fresh...

HankB

• friend
Read the linked article in the original post.

The winning team tried to hand the ball to the losers, but they wouldn't catch it.

They also said the winners were "unsportsmanlike" by doing things like laying on the ground and running off the field . . . well, what are 8 year olds SUPPOSED to do once they're told they can't actually play any more?

What they need to do is publish the name and address of the league official that assessed a $500 fine, so HE can be PERSONALLY held up to much-deserved public ridicule.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
What they need to do is publish the name and address of the league official that assessed a $500 fine, so HE can be PERSONALLY held up to much-deserved public ridicule.

Erik Richards
1751 Nours Landing Way
Duluth, GA 30097-3421

Phone numbers

770-813-0039
    770-299-1234
    770-497-8944
    770-497-4424

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Erik Richards
1751 Nours Landing Way
Duluth, GA 30097-3421

Phone numbers

770-813-0039
    770-299-1234
    770-497-8944
    770-497-4424

I might have had sympathy for "just following policy" if he gave a nominal fine like $25.  But he decided to cornhole that coach & team, so he deserves what he gets, too.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
My question is who picked this guy to lead this league and how do they get rid of him.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Good point, was the other team even trying? 

Read the linked article in the original post.

The winning team tried to hand the ball to the losers, but they wouldn't catch it.

They also said the winners were "unsportsmanlike" by doing things like laying on the ground and running off the field . . . well, what are 8 year olds SUPPOSED to do once they're told they can't actually play any more?

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
My son's 6th grade football team won 41 to zip today, and there were no complaints
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Thing 1's soccer team won 11-0 today.  And they are far from the best team in the local U-11 bracket.
Formerly sumpnz