Author Topic: this is gonna rufffle some feathers  (Read 19415 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: this is gonna rufffle some feathers
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 03:40:09 PM »
i'm sorry where did i make it racial?

IF? brewer was less than honest?  shes a politician and her lips were moving.  i hold those listening to a higher moral standard and it appears i am again too optimistic

i think the arizona law is a well written piece.  i fear that enforcement will be problematic asnd it will take only a few sheriff joes to bring it to a crashing halt.  assuming it clears the legal hurdles . i disagree with some of the basic premises of the law bu"t i don't vote in arizona and someone has to be the test case.  i really hope i'm wrong and this doesn't turn out very badly cause if i'm not wrong a world of hurt is about to happen to lots of folks  some who are currently cheering may end up with "that funny look on their face
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 05:27:25 PM »
Damn that dastardly Sheriff Joe for enforcing the law! *  ;/

If the Feds would,  Oh  I dunno,   enforce the bloody law,  I doubt we'd have this issue.   :facepalm:

*And I don't think much of the guy, but legally, he's completely right.

Here's a thought,  What does Jan Brewer have to gain from "being a filthy racist!!"  and chasing honest Mexican migrants from her state?

*Crickets chriping*

Yeah, that's what I thought.

• friends
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »
Here's a thought,  What does Jan Brewer have to gain from "being a filthy racist!!"  and chasing honest Mexican migrants from her state?

shes a politician and she felt which way the wind was blowing and tried to get in front of that wind.  who cares if she invented some total caca to feed the audience demographic. they didn't care she was lying then and they don't care now  heck some of em still believe its true.its a win win
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 05:32:09 PM »
I smell conspiracy. 

You know,  the absence of fact.  Convenient, it is.

Prove it

• friends
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 05:57:30 PM »
wait you think shes not a politician and doesn't say what she thinks the voters wanna hear?  does the catholic church now of this and is she in line for beatification?  she might be the first politician in heaven.   what is your hypothesis for why she would "mispeak" so blatantly? presuming we abandon the saint jan modality  of course

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »
If she's after the Catholic vote,  I doubt it's going to be successful with the Hispanic contingent  ;/

IF political expedience were the reason,  why aren't all of the other border states jumping on the band wagon?

Enforcing immigration laws isn't a popular course (Which should be REALLY ****ing obvious) ,  you're not going to convince me she's doing it to get votes.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2010, 06:13:37 PM »
IF political expedience were the reason,  why aren't all of the other border states jumping on the band wagon?

Because it's clearly more popular in Arizona then in some other states?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »
Arizona isn't the only state on the border with huge illegal issues.

It's just the first one to step up to the plate and take a stand on them.

• friends
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2010, 06:21:48 PM »
IF political expedience were the reason,  why aren't all of the other border states jumping on the band wagon?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20003648-503544.html

Enforcing immigration laws isn't a popular course (Which should be REALLY ****ing obvious) ,  you're not going to convince me she's doing it to get votes.
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/05/12/poll-finds-broad-support-for-arizona-immigration-law/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 06:23:57 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2010, 06:36:59 PM »

;/

i quoted an article about an elected officials comments . how did i make it racial?  or to quote the bard  "me thinks she doth protest too much"

i thinks while this issue draws racists like flies to honey its roots are economic.  that it has attracted unsavory sorts and they have co opted leadership roles reflects how crafty certain forms of "nativist" are and the willingness of others to sit back and allow them to lead as the path of least resistance   

http://www.padfield.com/1997/goodmen.html

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 06:56:09 PM »
More non violence on the border:

http://m.cnn.com/primary/_W8nouG-io8fYPjnMs

Why don't we just let everyone in? Wait, we are doing just that and have been since before I was in HS and we called the border crossers wetbacks.

A stand has to be made and AZ is making it. I don't give a damn if it earns someone some votes. It's a start and it's down right tame in nature to what I would suggest we do.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2010, 07:02:48 PM »
IF political expedience were the reason,  why aren't all of the other border states jumping on the band wagon?

Because Texas has a political coward who buddies-up with the Mexican president for one reason....  :mad:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

• friends
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 07:49:20 PM »
More non violence on the border:

http://m.cnn.com/primary/_W8nouG-io8fYPjnMs

Why don't we just let everyone in? Wait, we are doing just that and have been since before I was in HS and we called the border crossers wetbacks.

A stand has to be made and AZ is making it. I don't give a damn if it earns someone some votes. It's a start and it's down right tame in nature to what I would suggest we do.

can't get the link to open

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2010, 08:41:02 PM »
Opens just fine for me. Or you could go to CNN and read about it.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

• friends
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2010, 08:49:50 PM »
the shooting ?  the one in mexico?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2010, 10:04:22 PM »
CSD, if you post a race-baiting opinion piece, make your argument based on its content, and do not disclaim the race-baiting douchebaggery, you own the douchebaggery.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2010, 10:16:50 PM »
she made the "interesting statements"  if anyone was engaging in some passive aggressive baiting race caca it was brewer if her getting called on her bs ruffles some feathers its no surprise.  that no one wants to address the crime stat fiction is even less a surprise. there are legitimate immigration issues .  reviving william randolph hearst type of journalism/activism cheapens and weakens those legitimate issues. so does sucking up to nazis and allowing them to co opt any type of leadership role.  and sadly i'm giving the benefit of the doubt in saying the newly styled "nativists" co opt that role

• friends
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2010, 10:35:44 PM »
shes never actually been elected gov? just inherited? this election should prove interesting. [popcorn]

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2010, 10:38:44 PM »
CSD, Brewer is a serial over-hyper on issues, being a policritter, as you pointed out.  She hasn't tossed any race cards that I've yet seen.

You, OTOH, do have a reputation for race-baiting d-baggery earned over the years.  Not as much lately, as fistful pointed out, but it is still something you cultivated over time and was not a onezie-twozie slip or a an unfortunate word choice / grammar.

That reputation colors the perception of your posts on particular issues and makes folks less likely to engage your posts.  You write you posted the article in the OP in three forums and had little response?  Well, maybe they are taking your reputation into account and figuring that they'd rather not wrestle that particular pig.

But, assuming you actually want a response, this fellow is close to my position:
http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2010/07/losing-our-heads-in-arizona.html
(Upshot: Brewer hypes, Milbank parses like a Clinton on amphetamines, and the right questions are not being addressed.)
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends

• friends
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »
you mean like these border town police chiefs?

NOGALES, Ariz. - Assistant Police Chief Roy Bermudez shakes his head and smiles when he hears politicians and pundits declaring that Mexican cartel violence is overrunning his Arizona border town.

"We have not, thank God, witnessed any spillover violence from Mexico," Bermudez says emphatically. "You can look at the crime stats. I think Nogales, Arizona, is one of the safest places to live in all of America."

document Republic's Sunday front page

FBI Uniform Crime Reports and statistics provided by police agencies, in fact, show that the crime rates in Nogales, Douglas, Yuma and other Arizona border towns have remained essentially flat for the past decade, even as drug-related violence has spiraled out of control on the other side of the international line. Statewide, rates of violent crime also are down.

While smugglers have become more aggressive in their encounters with authorities, as evidenced by the shooting of a Pinal County deputy on Friday, allegedly by illegal-immigrant drug runners, they do not routinely target residents of border towns.

In 2000, there were 23 rapes, robberies and murders in Nogales, Ariz. Last year, despite nearly a decade of population growth, there were 19 such crimes. Aggravated assaults dropped by one-third. No one has been murdered in two years.

Bermudez said people unfamiliar with the border may be confused because Nogales, Sonora, has become notorious for kidnappings, shootouts and beheadings. With 500 Border Patrol agents and countless other law officers swarming the Arizona side, he said, smugglers pass through as quickly and furtively as possible.

"Everywhere you turn, there's some kind of law enforcement looking at you," Bermudez said. "Per capita, we probably have the highest amount of any city in the United States."

In Yuma, police spokesman Sgt. Clint Norred said he cannot recall any significant cartel violence in the past several years. Departmental crime records show the amount of bloodshed has remained stable despite a substantial population increase.

"It almost seems like Yuma is more of an entryway" for smugglers rather than a combat zone, he said.

Perceptions vs. reality

Since the murder of Cochise County rancher Robert Krentz by a suspected illegal immigrant in March, politicians and the national press have fanned a perception that the border is inundated with bloodshed and that it's escalating.

In a speech on the Senate floor last week, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., declared that the failure to secure that border between Arizona and Mexico "has led to violence - the worst I have ever seen."

He reiterated that Saturday after speaking at the West Valley Military Family Day event in Glendale, saying the concern that drug violence could spill across the border remains intense because Mexico's political situation is volatile.

"The violence is on the increase," McCain told The Arizona Republic. "The president of Mexico has said that it's a struggle for the existence of the government of Mexico."

Congressional members, including Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., and John Shadegg, R-Ariz., sent President Barack Obama a letter asking that National Guard soldiers be sent to the border because "violence in the vicinity of the U.S. Mexico border continues to increase at an alarming rate."

And last month, as she signed Arizona's tough new law cracking down on illegal immigrants, Gov. Jan Brewer also called for National Guard troops. The law makes it a state crime to be in Arizona illegally and requires authorities to check documents of people they reasonably suspect to be illegal. Brewer said she signed it to solve what she said is an Arizona "crisis" caused by "border-related violence and crime due to illegal immigration."

Clarence Dupnik, the sheriff of Pima County, said there always has been crime associated with smuggling in southern Arizona, but today's rhetoric does not seem to jibe with reality.

"This is a media-created event," Dupnik said. "I hear politicians on TV saying the border has gotten worse. Well, the fact of the matter is that the border has never been more secure."

Even Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever, among the most strident critics of federal enforcement, concedes that notions of cartel mayhem are exaggerated. "We're not seeing the multiple killings, beheadings and shootouts that are going on on the other side," he said.

In fact, according to the Border Patrol, Krentz is the only American murdered by a suspected illegal immigrant in at least a decade within the agency's Tucson sector, the busiest smuggling route among the Border Patrol's nine coverage regions along the U.S.-Mexican border.

Still, Dever said, the slaying proved useful to southern Arizonans who are sick of smugglers and immigrants tramping through their lands.

"The interest just elevated. And we keep the pressure on because next week something else is going to happen, and the window of opportunity will close," Dever said.

Cochise County's crime rate has been "flat" for at least 10 years, the sheriff added. Even in 2000, when record numbers of undocumented immigrants were detained in the area, just 4 percent of the area's violent crimes were committed by illegal aliens.

Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor said his town suffers from home invasions and kidnappings involving marijuana smugglers who are undoubtedly tied to Mexican organizations. However, he added, most of those committing the rip-offs are American citizens.

"I think the border-influenced violence is getting worse," Villasenor said. "But is it a spillover of Mexican cartel members? No, I don't buy that."

More help on the border

While the nation's illegal-immigrant population doubled from 1994 to 2004, according to federal records, the violent-crime rate declined 35 percent.

More recently, Arizona's violent-crime rate dropped from 512 incidents per 100,000 residents in 2005 to 447 incidents in 2008, the most recent year for which data is available.

In testimony to the Senate Committee on Homeland Security last month, Dennis Burke, U.S. attorney for Arizona, noted that Arizona now has more than 6,000 federal law-enforcement agents, with the majority of them employed by the Border Patrol. That represents nearly 10 agents for every mile of international line between Arizona and Sonora.

Border Patrol presence has been backed by increases in counter-smuggling technology and intelligence, the establishment of permanent highway checkpoints and a dramatic increase in customs inspectors at U.S. ports.

"The border is as secure now as it has ever been," Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told a Senate panel last week.

Given that level of security, Bermudez and others say, it is no wonder that cartel operatives pass through border communities as quickly as possible, avoiding conflicts and attention.

In fact, violent-crime data suggest that violence from Mexico leapfrogs the border to smuggling hubs and destinations, where cartel members do take part in murders, home invasions and kidnappings.

In Phoenix and Tucson, cartel-related violence is hardly new.

In 1996, for example, Valley law-enforcement agents estimated that 40 percent of all homicides in Maricopa County were a result of conflicts involving Mexican narcotics organizations, mostly from Sinaloa state. A decade later, the Attorney General's Office exposed a $2 billion human-smuggling business based in metro Phoenix, where criminals often assaulted illegal aliens while holding them for payment of smuggling fees. More recently, cartel-related home invasions and abductions put Phoenix among the world leaders in kidnappings.

'A third country'

During a national border security expo in Phoenix last week, David Aguilar, acting deputy commissioner for Customs and Border Protection, said policy makers and the public need to understand that the border is not a fence or a line in the dirt but a broad and complex corridor.

"It is," Aguilar explained, "a third country that joins Mexico and the United States."

He emphasized that the cartels operate throughout Mexico and the United States, and he noted that those who think of border security in terms of a "juridical line" really don't understand the dynamics.

Aguilar said that Juarez, Mexico, is widely regarded as the "deadliest city in the world" because of an estimated 5,000 murders in recent years. Yet right across the border, El Paso, Texas, is listed among the safest towns in America.

A review of the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports suggests that Arizona's border towns share El Paso's good fortune. Douglas and Nogales are about the same size as Florence but have significantly lower violent-crime rates. Likewise, Yuma has a population greater than Avondale's but a lower rate of violent offenses.

In Nogales, Ariz., residents seem bemused and annoyed by their town's perilous reputation. Yes, they sometimes hear the gunfire across the border. No, they don't feel safe visiting the sister city across the line. But with cops and federal agents everywhere, they see no danger on their streets.

"There's no violence here," said Francisco Hernandez, 31, who works in a sign shop and lives on a ranch along the border. "It doesn't drain over, like people are saying."

Leo Federico, 61, a retired teacher, said he has been amazed to hear members of Congress call for National Guard troops in the area.

"That's politics," he said, shrugging. "It's all about votes. . . . We have plenty of law enforcement."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...#ixzz0tKS4XmOO

and if you want you can google leos home phone verify hes real

• friends
Re: this is gonna rufffle some feathers things tht make you go hmmmm
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2010, 11:48:34 PM »
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2010-06-17/news/lawyered-up-a-crime-scene-report-shows-a-pinal-county-sheriff-s-deputy-who-claimed-to-be-shot-by-mexican-drug-smugglers-didn-t-cooperate-fully-with-a-state-police-probe/

It's late Saturday afternoon, June 5, and the roof at Chase Field is closed for the Diamondbacks' game against the Colorado Rockies.
Deputy Louie Puroll getting his award at Chase Field.
jamie peachey
Related Content

* Arizona Diamondbacks' Ticket Prices Cheapest in Baseball
      April 7, 2010
    * Hot Links: Exploding Boat, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Poop
      April 15, 2010
    * School of Hard Knocks: Three-Sport Gamer Mike Nixon’s Tried It All, But Can the Whip-Smart ASU Defensive Star Make It to the NFL?
      November 19, 2009
    * Arizona Diamondbacks Wrap Up Road Trip with 4-2 Win Over St. Louis Cardinals
      July 1, 2010
    * Arizona Diamondbacks Bust Out Of Slump; Beat Florida 10-4 To End Five Game Skid
      July 9, 2010

More About

* Paul Babeu
    * National League (MLB)
    * Louie Puroll
    * Military Weapons
    * Government and Politics

21Share      0diggsdigg

John McCain steps out of the Diamondbacks dugout onto the diamond.

The famed U.S. senator's mission, along with that of a new friend of his named Paul Babeu — the increasingly nationally visible sheriff of Pinal County — is to present awards to six law enforcement officers from central Arizona.

A private corporation and a nonprofit foundation have supplied tickets to 1,600 employees of the Pinal County Sheriff's Office and their families.

The star of the pre-game festivities, the recipient who gets the loudest ovation, is a middle-aged man wearing eyeglasses and standing at attention in a crisp PCSO uniform.

His name is Louie Puroll, and he is about to win his agency's Purple Heart:

"On April 30, 2010," the announcer reads over the public-address system, "Deputy Puroll was patrolling in the Vekol Valley when he spotted several individuals transporting illegal drugs through the desert area."

"Shortly thereafter, the individuals who opened fire with AK-47-type weapons ambushed him. The suspects and Deputy Puroll fired multiple rounds. Ultimately, a bullet struck Deputy Puroll, above his kidney. Deputy Puroll has since recovered from his injury and has returned to full duty."

It seems like a happy ending for the 53-year-old deputy, who allegedly escaped serious injury or death during the gun battle.

The shootout, which captured the nation's attention, happened about three miles south of Interstate 8 near milepost 147.

The use of "allegedly" in connection with the incident — lone deputy fights off band of murderous bad guys in broad daylight and lives to see another day with nothing more than a superficial wound — seems appropriate in light of an Arizona Department of Public Safety crime-scene report obtained by New Times.

DPS Sergeant Jennifer Pinnow also uses the word in the report, noting that she assisted in "locating casings in the area where the deputy allegedly fired his rifle and handgun."

The DPS report doesn't suggest that Deputy Puroll staged the episode or that the 14-year PCSO veteran was involved in a nefarious scheme gone awry, perhaps not unlike that in which James Wren — a young Phoenix cop charged last week with stealing about $40,000 from dope dealers while on duty — has admitted involvement ("Phoenix Police Officer Charged With Shakin' Down Drug Dealers," Valley Fever blog, June 11).

Written by lead scene agent Detective Jeff Brown, the DPS report says, "All conclusions relative to this criminal investigation will be formulated by the Pinal County Attorney's Office upon review of the criminal case."

The DPS report raises more questions than it provides answers about an incident that escalated an already-volatile mood in Arizona spawned by the contentious anti-illegal immigrant Senate Bill 1070 and the late-March shooting murder — perhaps by an undocumented alien — of Cochise County cattle rancher Rob Krentz ("Cowboy Down," June 8).

For starters, Puroll did not fully cooperate with DPS detectives as they performed their crime-scene duties at the request of the PCSO.

Instead, in police parlance, the deputy "lawyered up" and followed the advice of his union (AZCOPS) attorney Denis Fitzgibbons by providing the DPS few specifics about what exactly happened out there.

The lack of cooperation by Puroll has veteran local police detectives (active and retired) wondering why.

"I don't care what the attorney recommended," says one of the detectives who read the report. "Why in the world would the deputy decline to be video- or audio-taped during his [May 3] walk-through at the crime scene? You'd think he would have wanted to lay it all out because he's the alleged victim. I think that the DPS did a good job with what [it] had to work with, but [it] might have thought about ending [its] involvement after the deputy shut down on them."

But the county agency chose to conduct all interviews — including those of more than a dozen undocumented aliens detained in the Pinal County desert within a day or so of the incident. (All those aliens have been deported, according to office spokeswoman Lieutenant Tamatha Villar.) The Sheriff's Office has just about completed its separate criminal and internal-affairs probes of the incident, Villar says, and findings are expected to be released soon.

"I do not agree that the DPS report suggests he did not cooperate," she tells New Times. "It is standard in any officer-involved shooting for the officer to be provided an opportunity to work and consult with legal counsel."

Whether Puroll submitted to questioning by criminal investigators from his own agency remains uncertain.

By law, however, the deputy had to speak with the sheriff's investigators doing the standard internal-affairs probe into the police-involved shooting.

This case looms large for Sheriff Babeu, who popped up seemingly out of nowhere next to McCain in the senator's memorable "Complete the danged fence!" campaign ad shot at the border.

Babeu appeared on numerous national TV shows after his deputy's alleged desert clash.

"This is a huge case," the sheriff said at a press conference in early May after a New Times Valley Fever blog post noted that area police detectives had contacted the paper to question aspects of Puroll's account ("Pinal Deputy Shooting Has Local Cops Scratching Their Heads," May 3).
"Multiple suspects fired on and tried to kill and actually shot one of our deputies," Babeu said. "We're in the business of facts."

Babeu then conceded that his agency had made basic factual mistakes in announcing details of the ongoing case — including its widely reported, but inaccurate, account of gunfire directed at helicopters from the ground during the hour-long desert search for Deputy Puroll.
jamie peachey
Related Content

* Arizona Diamondbacks' Ticket Prices Cheapest in Baseball
      April 7, 2010
    * Hot Links: Exploding Boat, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Poop
      April 15, 2010
    * School of Hard Knocks: Three-Sport Gamer Mike Nixon’s Tried It All, But Can the Whip-Smart ASU Defensive Star Make It to the NFL?
      November 19, 2009
    * Arizona Diamondbacks Wrap Up Road Trip with 4-2 Win Over St. Louis Cardinals
      July 1, 2010
    * Arizona Diamondbacks Bust Out Of Slump; Beat Florida 10-4 To End Five Game Skid
      July 9, 2010

More About

* Paul Babeu
    * National League (MLB)
    * Louie Puroll
    * Military Weapons
    * Government and Politics

21Share      0diggsdigg

The DPS also is concerned with the "business of facts." But the agency's crime-scene investigators were forced to regroup after they agreed not to make audio or video recordings of their walk-through of the scene with Deputy Puroll.

For certain, it was a challenging crime scene in an isolated desert locale, in a case in which the alleged suspects evaded capture and their "bales" of marijuana were never confiscated.

Some of the prime DPS findings, and other observations:

• DPS detectives found Deputy Puroll's fully loaded sidearm, a Glock pistol, at the scene. That suggests the deputy reloaded the Glock there after discharging 16 shots during the "gun battle," and then somehow left it behind as he left the area.

• A DPS evidence-recovery log shows that state detectives confiscated 29 expended shell casings from Puroll's M-16, A1 assault rifle at the scene (a magazine holds 30 bullets), and 16 shell casings from his Glock.

• The detectives collected six shell casings fired by an AK-47 assault rifle — the weapon Puroll told Sheriff Babeu that his assailants had used when ambushing him. This included four casings from the weapon's 7.62 x 39mm ammunition in one area within the perimeter, and two similar casings (same bullet type, but apparently from a different batch of ammo) in another.

• The DPS found three bullet casings from a .45-caliber handgun at the scene, as well as several unfired AK-47 magazines.

• The nine expended casings at the scene that weren't Puroll's apparently accounted for all shots that could have been fired at the deputy during the alleged gunfight. The casings suggest that it was not the wild shootout depicted by Sheriff Babeu and others. Babeu said at a press conference in early May that a full-blown firefight lasted "a minute or less," with at least two assailants continuing to fire at Puroll for about 20 minutes after the initial salvo.

• Several unfired AK-47 bullet magazines also were found within the scene, as well as food, clothing, water, a cell phone, and other items suggesting that it was a camp for undocumented aliens.

• Deputy Puroll parked his patrol vehicle about a mile from where he said the main shootout happened and set off into the desert on foot, allegedly tracking the group of five or six men. According to Sheriff Babeu, Puroll "clearly" saw that the men were lugging backpacks of marijuana — the word "bales" was used at the sheriff's press conference. But no pot was confiscated in connection with the incident, nor has anyone been arrested in the case, despite the presence of more than 200 police officers representing 15 agencies that responded after the "shootout."

• Babeu told the media in early May that Puroll checked in with a dispatcher and a supervisor just "10 minutes" before the desert shootout began. Lieutenant Villar adds that the deputy "had cell phone to cell phone contact with his immediate supervisor from the point when he first started tracking the individuals. The supervisor was en route to the scene with additional units when the shooting occurred."

• Babeu said two of the dope smugglers ambushed the officer, firing at him with AK-47s from different angles — one in front of him and the other from the side. Somehow, only one bullet grazed the deputy just above his left kidney. (The damage done by an AK-47 normally is instant and massive. Lieutenant Villar says Puroll was not wearing his bulletproof vest when he tracked the group deep into the desert.)

Another local law enforcement officer who oversaw police-involved shootings as a supervisor for about a decade, says this:

"I obviously can't tell you what happened out there. But I don't think that deputy is telling the whole story, not even close."
<< Previous Page | 1 | 2

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 02:05:08 AM »
CSD, couple things.

1. I forgot you like trolling on illegals as well as cop threads. I liked it better when you were just defending (non-border enforcement) cops.

2. I'll remind the readership that csd is an admitted racist, and he has justified this position in the past by stating that everyone is racist and he's just more honest about it.

3. Care to answer why when cops in DC (or Maryland, I forget which) ghettos were doing illegal things in the name of "public safety" all you cared about was some vague anecdote about kids having to sleep in bath tubs because of all the shootings and you touted your own experience as the only valid argument; yet when the people who live and work on the border report their experience all you care about are stats and whatever ultra-lib race-baiting op-ed "journalism" supports your claim? Why is that? Oh, because you talk out of both sides of your mouth just like those poli-critters you talk such trash on.

National media outlets won't cover the reality of border crime as it doesn't fit their uber-left agenda. Stats can say anything you want them to say, crime stats doubly so given the variations in reporting and filtering.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010, 02:07:08 AM »
I came, I saw, I'm disgusted. Unfortunately, this thread headed right where I thought it would. :(
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."