Author Topic: Obama and the New Black Panthers  (Read 6798 times)

Crash_Test_Dhimmi

Obama and the New Black Panthers
« on: July 11, 2010, 03:59:32 PM »
Connections...

Question:
Why did the Obama DOJ drop all charges of racial intimidation against the New Black Panther party members, who stood outside a polling place in a white neighborhood, in uniform and billy clubs?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/06/ex-official-accuses-justice-department-racial-bias-black-panther-case/

The dropping of charges got me thinking, why they would go out on such a limb and insulate the Black panthers from prosecution. They had to share some common goals or ideology. They are afterall a marxist organization of community organizers.

Possible Answer:
They will be used as the new thugs that SEIU and ACORN didnt live up to, to intimidate and terrorize the tea partiers before the elections.The Black Panthers have said they will crash the next tea party on the national mall on August 28th. They will be used to turn peaceful tea party protests into violent clashes. Afterall, the peacefulness of the Black Panthers is of historic record.
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/08/video-new-black-panther-party-to-meet-tea-party/
http://beforeitsnews.com/news/96/913/New_Black_Panther_Party_Ready_to_Rumble_with_Tea_Partiers_in_August.html

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Obama and the New Black Panthers
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 04:31:47 PM »
Or maybe the case was not winnable.   [tinfoil]
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »

That's a bit of a reach.  Never ascribe to malice what can easily be ascribed to incompetence. 

Would the DOJ be willing to give these guys a pass?  Sure.  Either as a nod to Obama or to give Bush the finger, sure.  But the New Black Panthers to be Obama's brown shirts?  Please, if only the US would be so lucky.  They're a small group of racist idiots.

I believe the rallies in question are Glenn Beck events.  Not specifically Tea Party, though there is like to be cross over. 

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 04:49:48 PM »
Makes me feel better about attending the 8/28 thing,  if it annoys people like that Zulu Shabbazz guy. 

I have this visceral hate of any person that suggests a Citizen should not be allowed to speak in public. 

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 09:38:35 PM »
Or maybe the case was not winnable.   [tinfoil]

DOJ had won, because the NBPP never showed up and lost.  The Obama/Holder DOJ withdrew the charges after winning, but before sentencing.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »
DOJ had won, because the NBPP never showed up and lost.  The Obama/Holder DOJ withdrew the charges after winning, but before sentencing.

nothing to see here, move along please
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

Is this what everyone's talking about?

While I can see it being dumb to stand outside a polling place holding a nightstick, I don't see any intimidation. No threats where made in the video and it wasn't like he threaten the cameraman with the night stick. The Black Panthers claimed they were "security" where they actually employed to be there? They should have been told to leave if they were loitering, and IF they were actually employed as security that was a horrible choice in judgment, to have a political organization provide security for a polling place and whoever made that call needs to be fired.

Quick question, If you were standing around outside a polling place OC'ing would that be voter intimidation?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 04:24:17 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

Is this what everyone's talking about?

While I can see it being dumb to stand outside a polling place holding a nightstick, I don't see any intimidation. No threats where made in the video and it wasn't like he threaten the cameraman with the night stick. The Black Panthers claimed they were "security" where they actually employed to be there? They should have been told to leave if they were loitering, and IF they were actually employed as security that was a horrible choice in judgment, to have a political organization provide security for a polling place and whoever made that call needs to be fired.

Quick question, If you were standing around outside a polling place OC'ing would that be voter intimidation?

Good to know that the Klan Black Panthers can patrol outside a polling place and it won't be intimidation.

Even if they are swinging nightsticks.

It's amazing what liberals can ignore actively excuse when it's one of their own.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 04:37:46 PM »
It might help to know if they where they actually employed as security at the polling location as that could explain why one of them had a night stick.

Even if they are swinging nightsticks.
I only saw one night stick, was the other guy holding one as well?

And I don't think the comparison is equal comparing the Black Panthers to the Klan, I don't remember and lynching's done by the Black Panthers. I'm not saying there's not racists within the Black Panther organization, but I'm not sure you can claim all Black Panthers hate white people, the opposite can surly be said about the Klan though.   

And really the videos 1:21 long, does anyone know how long these guys where loitering there? 10 minutes, and hour, all day?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 05:20:56 PM »
I don't remember and lynching's done by the Black Panthers.

do you remember any by the klan?  or would reading about them be more accurate?

one of the 2 guys was an accredited poll observer  guess which party he represented? and were you really this late to the party? you have company
http://www.examiner.com/x-35532-Dallas-Political-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m7d14-Sherman--Black-Panther-case-Attacks-on-Eric-Holder-blacked-out-of-media--Poll-video-transcript

then try this
However, one of the witnesses at the Philadelphia polling station was Bartle Bull, a renown civil rights attorney who was Robert F. Kennedy's New York campaign manager and worked along side Charles Evers, Medgar Evers' older brother, enforcing voting rights laws in Mississippi in the 1960's. On November 4, 2008, Bartle worked as a poll watcher at the same Philadelphia polling station and witnessed the New Black Panthers harassing and yelling racial slurs at voters and poll observers in order to intimidate them. Will the DOJ accuse him of being politically motivated in the same way it tried to discredit Adams? They won't even try. Instead they'll ignore him as best they can because they know that his credibility is unimpeachable.

When Michelle Malkin covered the case back when it was first brought by the Bush DOJ, she posted Bartle Bull's affidavit, which you can read here. In it, he said that never in his entire career as a civil rights attorney has he ever seen or heard of an instance where uniformed and armed men intimidated and blocked voters as they tried to enter a polling station. Not even in Mississippi in the 1960's.

Megyn Kelly spoke to Bartle Bull about this case as well. When you watch the video, you will see that he is nothing short of outraged that the Obama administration is refusing to apply the voting rights laws equally to all citizens.
http://wizbangblog.com/content/2010/07/01/christian-adams-doj-whistleblower-and-bartle-bull-renown-civil-rights-attorney-comment-on-dojs-refusal-of-new-black-panthers-case.php

the doj won a default judgement against the nbp  then had its own win set aside on the instructions of loretta king
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 05:30:18 PM »
It might help to know if they where they actually employed as security at the polling location as that could explain why one of them had a night stick.
I only saw one night stick, was the other guy holding one as well?

And I don't think the comparison is equal comparing the Black Panthers to the Klan, I don't remember and lynching's done by the Black Panthers. I'm not saying there's not racists within the Black Panther organization, but I'm not sure you can claim all Black Panthers hate white people, the opposite can surly be said about the Klan though.   

And really the videos 1:21 long, does anyone know how long these guys where loitering there? 10 minutes, and hour, all day?

Puh-lenty of murders committed by Black Panthers over the years.  It was one murder in particular that got David Horowitz to re-examine his association with the BPP a& the left in general.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 05:37:14 PM »

Am I speaking in racist slurs ?  Am I telling people that there's going to be a new 'ruler' ?  Am I waving it around ?  Am I preventing people from entering ?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 05:44:30 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/panthers.asp   the real facts in this snopes piece are bad enough
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 06:15:29 PM »
try pjtv for some info

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 07:01:34 PM »
The NBPs give white liberals a frisson.  You can never get too many thrills along your leg.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 02:41:57 PM »
do you remember  any by the klan?  or would reading about them be more accurate?

I'm not sure what you mean by that, what because I don't remember any lynching by the Klan done in my lifetime does that dismiss how other may feel who have had the Klan burn a cross on their lawn or worse to them? I was just saying that the Black Panthers don't raise the same anxiety to white's as I would imagine the Klan to raise in blacks, but I could be wrong. Anyway this isn't about the Klan, its about the Black Panthers. I didn't mean to come across as defending what they did, there's no defending it but after all the hubbub online and after what a huge deal one of my friends made of it I wanted to see what happened and I was expecting to see video of a gang of Black Panthers all armed questioning people entering the polling location "So your voting for brother Obama, RIGHT?"

But then all I get is a video that's a minute and twenty seconds long of two BP's loitering outside a polling place, one of which is swinging a billy club. Then an indeterminate amount of time later Police arrive and tell the guys to leave.  I dunno just seemed like way to much drama in the media over such a small incident.

Am I speaking in racist slurs ?  Am I telling people that there's going to be a new 'ruler' ?  Am I waving it around ?  Am I preventing people from entering ?

3/4 things I did not observe in that video. Is there one person who has come forward and said the BP's attempted or stopped me from voting / entering the polling location?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 05:04:25 PM »
I wnder if the Feds would drop charges if, the next time the NBPP shows up at a polling place, some "counter-intimidation" occurred.... ???
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

• friends

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 09:14:13 AM »
3/4 things I did not observe in that video. Is there one person who has come forward and said the BP's attempted or stopped me from voting / entering the polling location?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intimidation

Main Entry: in·tim·i·date
Pronunciation: \in-ˈti-mə-ˌdāt\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): in·tim·i·dat·ed; in·tim·i·dat·ing
Etymology: Medieval Latin intimidatus, past participle of intimidare, from Latin in- + timidus timid
Date: 1646
: to make timid or fearful : frighten; especially : to compel or deter by or as if by threats <tried to intimidate a witness>

Also, the video is not the whole of what occurred. I would suggest looking up the statements by eyewitnesses, including Bartle Bull:

To support its evidence, the government had secured an affidavit from Bartle Bull, a longtime civil rights activist and former aide to Sen. Robert F. Kennedy's 1968 presidential campaign. Mr. Bull said in a sworn statement dated April 7 that he was serving in November as a credentialed poll watcher in Philadelphia when he saw the three uniformed Panthers confront and intimidate voters with a nightstick.

Inexplicably, the government did not enter the affidavit in the court case, according to the files.

"In my opinion, the men created an intimidating presence at the entrance to a poll," he declared. "In all my experience in politics, in civil rights litigation and in my efforts in the 1960s to secure the right to vote in Mississippi ... I have never encountered or heard of another instance in the United States where armed and uniformed men blocked the entrance to a polling location."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »
The means of counter intimidation is readily available, cheap and, for the time being, legal.  Video recording devices should be required apparel for the fashionably dressed conservative, especially when headed for the polling booth.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 11:40:46 AM »
Advice to New (and Old) Black Panthers: Don't tease the bear.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.