Author Topic: If this is accurate, it's scary.  (Read 3287 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
If this is accurate, it's scary.
« on: July 27, 2010, 02:00:24 AM »
This should concern everyone. It's big Charlie Foxtrot waiting to happen. We, people who view the world as it is instead of unicorns jumping around, had a pretty good idea that something like this was happening. Now, if this scourge can be trusted, vetted and the info is accurate, it's scary.

Leaked Afghan War Files Detail Iranian Ties to Extremists
Jul 27, 2010 2:23 AM EDT

http://foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&content=41159737&pageNum=-1

WASHINGTON Cooperation among Iran, Al Qaeda and other Sunni extremist groups is more extensive than previously known to the public, according to details buried in the tens of thousands of military intelligence documents released by an independent group Sunday.

U.S. officials and Middle East analysts said some of the most explosive information contained in the WikiLeaks documents detail Iran's alleged ties to the Taliban and Al Qaeda, and the facilitating role Tehran may have played in providing arms from sources as varied as North Korea and Algeria.

The officials have for years received reports of Iran smuggling arms to the Taliban. The WikiLeaks documents, however, appear to give new evidence of direct contacts between Iranian officials and the Taliban's and Al Qaeda's senior leadership. It also outlines Iran's alleged role in brokering arms deals between North Korea and Pakistan-based militants, particularly militant leader Gulbuddin Hekmatyar and Al Qaeda.

The apparent links are striking because Iran has historically been a foe of the Taliban, who generally view the followers of *expletive deleted*it Islam Iran's predominant faith as heretics.

One of the more remarkable reports describes a November 2005 trip that departed from Iran in which Mr. Hekmatyar, the militant leader, and Osama bin Laden's financial adviser traveled to North Korea to close a deal with the North Korean government to obtain remote-controlled rockets to use against coalition aircraft in Afghanistan.

Several reports describe Iran as a hub of planning activity for attacks on the Afghan government. A May 2006 report describes an al QaedaHekmatyar plot to equip suicide bombers and car bombs to attack Afghan government and international targetsusing cars and equipment obtained in Iran and Pakistan.

By April 2007, the reports show what appears to be even closer collaboration. A report that month describes an effort two months earlier in which al Qaeda, "helped by Iran," bought 72 air-to-air missiles from Algeria and hid them in Zahedan, Iran, in order to later smuggle them into Afghanistan.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: If this is accurate, it's scary.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 02:16:25 AM »
Wait, there were people who didn't know Iran financed much of the terrorist activity in the ME? Really?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:40:52 AM »
Wait, there were people who didn't know Iran financed much of the terrorist activity in the ME? Really?

Only the useful idiots/tools who insisted it is "unpossible that Sunni extremists, *expletive deleted*it extremists, and secular despots could work together!"
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 09:06:54 AM »
This is bad news - people who learn of this might wrongly begin to suspect a link between man-caused disasters and Middle Eastern / SW Asian adherents of the Religion of Peace, thus diverting attention from the truly dangerous among us, such as the ranting racists in the Tea Party, talk radio hosts, conservative bloggers, and (shudder) . . . Christians.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 09:08:56 AM »
Good news:  We have finally managed to unite all the mid-east.

Bad news:  They are united against us.

That about right?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 10:36:41 AM »
Good news:  We have finally managed to unite all the mid-east.

Bad news:  They are united against us.

That about right?

It is not news.  Those that were aware of us were always against us. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 11:05:41 AM »
The question isn't what we know but what they don't want us to know.  Iran and Pakistan are both serious dangers.  But then so are North Korea, Mexico...well, the reality is that America is faced with much jeopardy.  Too bad half our population couldn't care less and our own government has alien agendas.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 11:07:58 AM »
air to air missiles? Do the taliban have invisible fighter jets?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »
Is it acceptable to post wikileaks excerpts?
Check the entry at:
1/27/2005  7:50:00 AM
TF [Fistful] REPORTS CACHE... THE FOLLOWING SALT REPORT WAS SENT: S- 6X AIR-TO-AIR MISSILES, 6X HN-5S W/O HANDGRIPS, 5X RPG LAUNCHERS, AND ASSORTED SMALL ARMS AMMO
They have a surprising number of the big 14.5mm MGs, too, in various caches (some of which are huge).

Oh. and another one contains 200+ Hind missiles. Probably disassembling them for the explosives.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 11:41:24 AM by Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 11:39:40 AM »

You obviously haven't noticed that Wonder Woman doesn't support America any more.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/07/05/wonder-womans-new-costume-is-criminal-spandex-panties-rule/

Might she be supplying them with technology?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 12:30:10 PM »
Good news:  We have finally managed to unite all the mid-east.

Bad news:  They are united against us.

That about right?
They've been more or less against us for decades, going back at least to the aftermath of WWII, if not earlier.

The only thing really new is that now we're sorta kinda willing to confront it.  It tends to make us more aware of it, brings it to the surface where we can see it.

Unfortunately, far too many westerners still don't see it.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 12:49:57 PM »

Yea, but the DoD has been (wisely and correctly) downplaying the involvement of Pakistan and Iran.  They know we can't fight a four front war at the moment.  Only thing they can do is try to shoot the folks coming over the border.

It's the only course of action possible with absolutely no support for invasions of Iran and Pakistan.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:18:15 PM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »
So this time, it's not Fistful's fault, but Rev Disk's?  >:D
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 06:19:56 PM »
Gee, the Shadow Caliphate works together?  I'm shocked.  I thought we were told they were just pockets of isolated extremists who'd hijacked a noble creed.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 06:27:22 PM »
Gee, the Shadow Caliphate works together?  I'm shocked.  I thought we were told they were just pockets of isolated extremists who'd hijacked a noble creed.

If a bunch of X (insert any historical enemy) invaded Canada, regardless of the reason, would we slip them weapons?

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 07:19:27 PM »
If a bunch of X (insert any historical enemy) invaded Canada, regardless of the reason, would we slip them weapons?

No but if they wanted Mexico it would be hard to turn down.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »
We, people who view the world as it is instead of unicorns jumping around..

You WILL respect my belief system. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJGgJmnKS_k
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 10:59:16 PM »
Fistful,

That was just wrong, and evil.. =D
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 11:57:03 PM »
You now have Spoon giggling...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 07:36:08 AM »

Slip weapons to the historical enemy in order to facilitate liberation of North North Americastan?  I hope so.  I would even donate some firearms.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)