Author Topic: How's that AZ boycott working out for ya?  (Read 1573 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
How's that AZ boycott working out for ya?
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:22:31 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/27/arizona-hotels-thriving-despite-boycotts-immigration-law/

Arizona's tourism industry has a target on its back, but the widespread boycotts over the state's immigration law might not be hitting the mark.

Recent data compiled by a market research group show hotel bookings across the state -- as well as in tourism hot spots Phoenix and Scottsdale -- have been on the rise the past two months.

The data from hotel industry research firm STR showed that for the state of Arizona, hotel occupancy was up 5.7 percent in May and up 8.3 percent in June compared with the same time a year ago.

In Phoenix, occupancy was up 10.6 percent in June; in Scottsdale, it was up 10.7 percent for the same period. Revenue also was up, with Arizona hotels raking in $148 million last month -- up more than 11 percent from a year ago.

Broome said the state also has been able to attract new businesses to locate in Arizona despite bad publicity. He said his group plans to announce 2,000 to 3,000 new jobs thanks to investment from California, where Arizona boycotts are in place in several major cities, over the next few months.

Which reminds me: I might take a Grand Canyon vacation later this year.   :P
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Silver Bullet

• friend
Re: How's that AZ boycott working out for ya?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:33:48 PM »
Best of both worlds.  Business in Arizona is up, and the number of visiting whacko lefties is down.    :cool:

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:11:42 AM »
Best of both worlds.  Business in Arizona is up, and the number of visiting whacko lefties is down.    :cool:

Truly what might be considered a win-win situation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 03:19:25 AM »
Hey, I'm going to Phoenix this Labor day  =D

יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 11:04:21 AM »
You might lean left, but I certainly don't consider you a whacko. I'm glad you're on this forum, and I'm glad you post with perspectives different from my own.  It gives me a chance to reevaluate where my own beliefs come from.   :cool:

I got onto the whacko thing back when Clinton was in office.  I would hear leftist talk radio stations refer to "right-wing whackos", and then I heard a guy at work (presumably a leftist for ... various reasons) also refer to right-wing whackos.  It was then I realized that the left was trying to promote a message.  It wasn't a random remark, but something with structure, intent, agenda !  Marginalize conservatives by labeling them as extremists !

Ever since then, I've grabbed at opportunities for my favorite moral principle:  payback !   >:D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 01:41:38 PM »
I know a family who recently took a Grand Canyon and Tombstone road trip. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 01:49:21 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_arizona_immigration
Judge blocks parts of Arizona immigration law

New news.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge