Author Topic: Did anyone else notice...  (Read 400 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Did anyone else notice...
« on: July 04, 2021, 01:39:14 AM »
...that the world started getting dumberer right about the time that childproof safety medicine bottles were put into wide use?
Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Did anyone else notice...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 08:09:55 AM »
...that the world started getting dumberer right about the time that childproof safety medicine bottles were put into wide use?

I think it's more a case of people not being able to deal with child proof caps illustrating just how dumberer the world had become.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 11:19:50 AM »
For a while, I thought I was getting smarter.  Then I realized it was just that the TV ads were getting dumber.

On further reflection, I realized a lot of things were getting dumber which made me think I was getting smarter.

So I'm still the same old me, after all.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 12:35:48 PM »

When a grandparent has trouble opening a child-proof medicine container, who do they ask to open it for them?

Right -- a grandchild.

A number of years ago I visited a friend in another state for a weekend. Saturday afternoon my friend and I were at the shooting range. His cell phone rang. It was his wife, asking if I knew how many pills I had in the child-proof prescription bottle that held my heart meds. I did know -- six. All was well, there were still six pills. The crisis was that Carol was watching their 6- or 8-month old rug rat grandchild, and the rug rat had gotten into my closed suitcase, found the "child-proof" medicine bottle ... and opened it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 12:41:31 PM »
On the warning tag on a weed wacker. "Do not use while bathing". Who needs to be told that????
Oh and that according to CA it will give me cancer I guess if I lick it every time I use it.  :P
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes