Author Topic: TSA Stands Firm on Knife Regulation  (Read 794 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
TSA Stands Firm on Knife Regulation
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:28:38 AM »
I am pleasantly shocked. I thought this was dead in the water shortly after TSA announced it, but they are standing firm on pushing through the relaxed regulations allowing knives in aircraft cabins. Despite a 400,000 signature petition. I don't know how to statistically extrapolate a population from a biased sample set, but that 400,000 has to represent A LOT of the the US population. It's kind of sad when a government agency that's looked at as one of the most restrictive to the rights of citizens, is fighting a large number of those citizens in an attempt to relax its own regulations. Kind of a bizzaro 1984.

http://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/29796?c=airport_aviation_security
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: TSA Stands Firm on Knife Regulation
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »
Well of course they did.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: TSA Stands Firm on Knife Regulation
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »
Wow, they lasted an entire week. How brave of them.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought