Author Topic: Well Done young Lady!!  (Read 1805 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Well Done young Lady!!
« on: October 16, 2013, 12:01:40 AM »
TULSA, Oklahoma -
A 12-year-old Bryan County girl was awarded for her bravery Tuesday night in Tulsa.

Kendra St. Clair was home alone, when a stranger barged in. She called 911, grabbed the family gun and hid in the closet. When she saw the doorknob turn, she pulled the trigger, hitting the intruder in the shoulder

http://www.newson6.com/story/23701392/bryan-county-girl-honored-as-911-hero-of-the-year
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Well Done young Lady!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 12:57:20 AM »
I see two things wrong with this story.

Firstly, "the family gun"? One gun for a whole family?  :mad: This Obama-economy is truly terrible! Let's hope that's just the communal gun the whole family uses, as opposed to the guns specific to members of the family.

Secondly, shouldn't she get some kind of vice-presidential medal for shooting through the door? Why is that angle not covered?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 01:20:16 AM »
I'm glad she's okay and scumbag is injured, but why are we rewarding/applauding people for deliberately shooting through doors at unidentified targets? =|
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 01:41:19 AM »
I'm glad she's okay and scumbag is injured, but why are we rewarding/applauding people for deliberately shooting through doors at unidentified targets? =|

Because she was 12, and she turned out to be right?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 03:07:56 AM »

It was a closet door. Think the kid (home alone) had a good idea the target was the burglar she was calling 911 for... Don't you?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:10:57 AM by Ryan in Maine »

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 08:38:52 AM »

She knows she's alone in the house with a bad guy, she's likely terrified. Should she have waited until he had the door open and got a chance to take the gun away from her or worse? Come on AZ - you can play devil's advocate with ANY situation and find flaws. Fact remains - bad guy in the house, bad guy gets shot. It's one of those rights we fight so hard to protect.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 09:01:56 AM »
She knows she's alone in the house with a bad guy, she's likely terrified. Should she have waited until he had the door open and got a chance to take the gun away from her or worse? Come on AZ - you can play devil's advocate with ANY situation and find flaws. Fact remains - bad guy in the house, bad guy gets shot. It's one of those rights we fight so hard to protect.

Where is the like button?  Oh here it is....

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 09:17:17 AM »
Good girl.

Only three comments . . .

1. Too bad she didn't hit the BG in COM

2. She needs her own gun.

3. Larger caliber.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 11:06:23 AM »
Secondly, shouldn't she get some kind of vice-presidential medal for shooting through the door? Why is that angle not covered?

Probably didn't use a double-barreled shotgun and fire both barrels.

In my state the parents would have been arrested for having an unsecured firearm in a home with a child under the age of 18.  :facepalm:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design