Author Topic: Two NYPD Cops Killed in Ambush  (Read 11715 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Two NYPD Cops Killed in Ambush
« on: December 20, 2014, 08:16:14 PM »
It appears to be related to the protests. If so, and even though it appears to be a lone wacko, the protest groups have probably lost sympathy from all but the fringe.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/20/2-nypd-cops-shot-in-car-critically-injured/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Two NYPD Cops Killed in Ambush
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »
Both cops deceased now.

Was some buzz the guy did his g/f in baltimore and then went to ny. Also alleged he used waze to help in targeting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 08:51:59 PM »
waze?  ???
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 08:58:12 PM »
Supposedly from the killer:
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

JN01

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:11:46 PM »
waze?  ???

You have your ways, he has his waze.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 01:52:40 AM »
Any thoughts on any greater significance than just one possibly whacked out guy?  Is the frequency of deliberately targetted leos increasing or is it just a matter of tbem getting more play on the air and net?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 02:13:38 AM »
waze?  ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waze

They were in the news a few days ago, for something unrelated, and much less dramatic.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 02:41:09 AM »
Can someone please update the thread when Al Sharpton and Ben Crump offer their assistance to the family of the deceased?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 07:25:10 AM »
I liked the way a room full of cops turned their backs on Deblasio when he walked through on his way to hospital press conference
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 09:36:08 AM »
It appears the dead LEOs were both "people of color". That's not going to be good for the narrative.

Also I found the various quotes here interesting. I'm not sure what made Holder say what he said, and the NAACP is apparently attempting to turn it into a gun control topic (in a city where the killer was prohibited from having a gun):

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/21/roundup-reaction-to-murders-nypd-officers/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 09:48:13 AM »
It appears the dead LEOs were both "people of color". That's not going to be good for the narrative.

Also I found the various quotes here interesting. I'm not sure what made Holder say what he said, and the NAACP is apparently attempting to turn it into a gun control topic (in a city where the killer was prohibited from having a gun):

They are rather eager to deflect it away from the Black Muslim angle.
Holder is still on his community-police relations (aka we need to stop arresting the black criminals) angle

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 10:00:15 AM »
They are rather eager to deflect it away from the Black Muslim angle.
Holder is still on his community-police relations (aka we need to stop arresting the black criminals) angle

Cop killer protester who votes Democrat works.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 10:05:14 AM »
Dunno about the Muslim angle, but I have feared for 5 or 6 years now that eventually the sub culture who honestly believes cops are the enemy will do something about it.  Whatever the truth the narrative is rapidly solidifying to "Cops can and will shoot black kids with impunity"

If you really believe that, and are one of the targets, the only real option is to make it so dangerous for cops they don't come to your area.  I fear this kind of thing will only escalate.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 10:10:21 AM »
If you really believe that, and are one of the targets, the only real option is to make it so dangerous for cops they don't come to your area.  I fear this kind of thing will only escalate.

It's worked in some of the projects. I remember Cabrini Green in Chicago was so dangerous for cops that they wouldn't respond to calls there. That was in the 1970's or 1980's. When I drove past it, it looked like a real hellhole.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »

Yep a Hispanic and an Asian name.
Sharpton and Jackson won't even be able to insight any riots.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »
This was a crazy wacko who decided that ANY of the NYPD's 35,000 members was a legitimate target . . . I wonder what the official reaction would be if he'd murdered a couple of the actual officers involved in the Staten Island incident?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 01:57:08 PM »
Despite my minarchist libertarian positions on most everything... if my only choice is between the cops and the Dindu Nuffin/FSA/SJW crowd... I'll stand with the cops.  Even after taking the police abuses into account. If the options are the ghettoification of America and a statist civilization... well at least that's "a civilization".  =|

I think people would take "Black Lives Matter" more seriously if black people themselves acted like they believed that.

And that's all I have to say.
I promise not to duck.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 03:44:25 PM »
Just read where thousands of protestors gathered at the Mall of America (A BIG indoor shopping mall in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area) with the purpose of shutting down holiday sales in protest of Ferguson & Staten Island.

http://fusion.net/story/35300/thousands-of-blacklivesmatter-protesters-swarm-mall-of-america/

Girl at the beginning of the video in the link above has a nose ring.  :facepalm:

Gee, what a GREAT idea - act like hooligans & thugs, thus reinforcing every bad stereotype about your group there is . . . along with making more people opine that perhaps the police have acted too leniently toward the anti-social antics of you and yours.  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 03:49:43 PM »
Just read where thousands of protestors gathered at the Mall of America (A BIG indoor shopping mall in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area) with the purpose of shutting down holiday sales in protest of Ferguson & Staten Island.

http://fusion.net/story/35300/thousands-of-blacklivesmatter-protesters-swarm-mall-of-america/

Girl at the beginning of the video in the link above has a nose ring.  :facepalm:

Gee, what a GREAT idea - act like hooligans & thugs, thus reinforcing every bad stereotype about your group there is . . . along with making more people opine that perhaps the police have acted too leniently toward the anti-social antics of you and yours.  :facepalm:

I can only surmise that the people in charge of these things are running it like a cargo cult. They must believe that if they make enough noise, they can give black people the right to vote right to not get killed by police.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 07:26:52 PM »
If you were to actually interview them, you'd probably find out that many (most?) figure that appearances shouldn't matter, and they're just expressing their special snowflakeness

At a guess, you're talking about people who are drawn to those "styles", much as gun owners are drawn to the styles we are. Ask Dick to describe some of the people we saw at concealed carry rallies in Madison...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 11:06:44 PM »
2 people are dead because of this Whako. Yes. This was a class A whack job that did this. Using the Garner incident as a reason to act out. The Garner incident has put a spotlight on the mistrust of police, and rightfully so. The mistrust of police is the root problem here. People are fed up with the almost zero accountability of the police. Departmental discipline where criminal charges should be pursued, militarization in most all aspects of today's police forces, has made a very serious powder keg. And I believe the fuse has been lit.  This idiot is only the start. 

The mistrust of police is well deserved, well earned in fact. Solving the mistrust issue is damn simple. But it won't happen. Too much money, power, politics and ego are involved.

I am not condoning this behavior, this incident. We still need to address the root cause of police mistrust. We will always have bat *expletive deleted*it crazy idiots that look for any excuse to do something like this.

The idiot who did this is the only one responsible. Trying to blame organizers of protests is stupid.

Putting our arms around LE and singing koombaya is ignoring the root problem that got us here to begin with.

2 innocent people are dead because of a nut job. Lets pray for their families.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 06:50:39 AM »
Then you have the officer in Florida that was attacked, shot and then ran over.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »
2 people are dead because of this Whako. Yes. This was a class A whack job that did this. Using the Garner incident as a reason to act out. The Garner incident has put a spotlight on the mistrust of police, and rightfully so. The mistrust of police is the root problem here. People are fed up with the almost zero accountability of the police. Departmental discipline where criminal charges should be pursued, militarization in most all aspects of today's police forces, has made a very serious powder keg. And I believe the fuse has been lit.  This idiot is only the start. 

The mistrust of police is well deserved, well earned in fact. Solving the mistrust issue is damn simple. But it won't happen. Too much money, power, politics and ego are involved.

I am not condoning this behavior, this incident. We still need to address the root cause of police mistrust. We will always have bat *expletive deleted*it crazy idiots that look for any excuse to do something like this.

The idiot who did this is the only one responsible. Trying to blame organizers of protests is stupid.

Putting our arms around LE and singing koombaya is ignoring the root problem that got us here to begin with.

2 innocent people are dead because of a nut job. Lets pray for their families.

No, I'm sorry, but you are wrong. This is not a result of a legitimate mistrust of police.

There are a myriad of examples that could, and arguably, should have used if the issue were truly one of police accountability.

Specific ones come to mind are the two recent incidents in Ohio, which sadly, the names of the victims I have forgotten. (Which I indict the press for given the fact the two thugs Mr. Martin and Mr. Brown are names that I remember quite well.)

The gentleman shot in Wal-Mart because a caller lied to the police and was given no chance to react and the 12 year old boy shot the second the police pull up to him in a park. We have video for both these events. Both are clearly instances where the police were out of line. Both are very likely to end in no accountability (oh, MAYBE someone will get fired over the child's manslaughter, but no charges will be filed as they ought.)

Where's the grievance crowd over these? Nowhere to be found. The reason is that those are legitimate incidents where the public would support looking into police accountability.

These murders of the police officers are the result of an illegitimate, unreal, and fabricated mistrust of police. The race-baiters have been claiming that police "murder black men in the streets!" It's a false narrative, and the incidents chosen, where the decedent was either clearly (Mr. Brown) or arguably (Mr. Garner) in the wrong are chosen to create racial division. Because rational people will look at these incidents and say "I may have an issue with police actions in some cases, but someone assaulting a police officer and trying to steal his gun doesn't sound like some innocent."

If they were just choosing incidents at random, these racist activists would by chance pick one completely legitimate case that would have the full support of a vast majority of the country. They don't. I haven't heard a PEEP about the 12 year old in Ohio. No protests about why that police officer isn't facing charges rather than "internal discipline" and losing his job. Nope, they pick ones where they know they can foment division because rational people will be unwilling to support them. They can then use that to claim racism.

These protests are, unfortunately, NOT about a mistrust of police, but about racism and racial division specifically cultivated to pit black people against whites. (And, given the murders, it looks like against asians and hispanics, too.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 11:40:28 AM »
Three people, guys. Three. The f-face in NY killed his girlfriend that morning in Baltimore.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:44:20 PM by scout26 »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 12:07:05 PM »
...and the same circus is coming to Milwaukee (it actually started friday night with protesters blocking the freeway system up)...

http://fox6now.com/2014/12/22/manney-use-of-force-in-hamilton-shooting-ruled-justified-self-defense-will-not-face-charges/

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama