Author Topic: Two NYPD Cops Killed in Ambush  (Read 11713 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Two NYPD Cops Killed in Ambush
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2014, 10:16:43 AM »
Because like any black person that strays from The One True Path, they are Uncle Tom Race Traitors throwing in with Whitey.

Not really the conversation about race Obama/Holder want to have now is it?

The Orwellian nature of our culture is pretty scary  [tinfoil]

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2014, 10:20:54 AM »
Not really the conversation about race Obama/Holder want to have now is it?

The Orwellian nature of our culture is pretty scary  [tinfoil]

I think it's more akin to Beavis and Butthead than 1984...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2014, 10:50:10 AM »
Chicago YTD (12/14) has seen 439 homicides. 328 of the victims were black. Of these, 96 attackers were (identified as) black. Deaths attributed to police is 16. (Quick scan of unverified sourcing after web search.)

Inference: At least 6 times more blacks killed by blacks in one city in one year than killed by police.

http://heyjackass.com/category/2014-chicago-crime-murder-stats/

Want to protest police abuse? Knock yourself out. Want to make any effort to address the real underlying issues? No, that would be racist.

But you're not allowed to point that out. To do so is racist.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2014, 10:58:37 AM »
So I have some thoughts on this one.  I'll just go in no particular order:

Much too long to quote in its entirety, so I'll just comment "Well said."

I am heartened by what I see of the Oath Keepers, particularly of their actions in Ferguson.  There truly are people who believe that their job is to protect people and property and to keep the peace, and I was mightily impressed by their laughing in the face of Ferguson PD's threat to arrest them for operating without a permit.

Sounds interesting. I've seen a few Oathkeepers tee shirts around here, and I've heard of them. Got any links to their actions in Ferguson?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2014, 12:08:28 PM »
Sounds interesting. I've seen a few Oathkeepers tee shirts around here, and I've heard of them. Got any links to their actions in Ferguson?

Sure.  I first heard the story on Free Talk Live, who sourced from Reason:
http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/01/oath-keepers-station-themselves-on-fergu
http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/02/the-oath-keepers-in-ferguson-three-updat
As I said, I'm impressed by these guys' putting action to their talk.  They're clearly illustrating the difference between constructive, active community policing and predatory law enforcement.
I also find it sadly amusing that while the Oath Keeper volunteers(I was not able to find how many actually showed up) were standing on rooftops with rifles and fire extinguishers to protect people and property from looting and arson, the police were lined up in riot gear outside their station, facing off against singing protesters.
If you're intrigued by that story, have a look at the Threat Management Center in Detroit.  It's fascinating to see what fills the vacuum when the state's monopoly on security disappears.

Where are the editorials from black police officers?

Why are they not in the spotlight offering their insight into both the experience of being black in America and being an inner city police officer?

Are they not stepping up or is the media ignoring them?
Were I a good black cop I'd be much more hesitant to cross the Thin Blue Line than to irritate the Jackson/Sharpton axis.  The race-baiters are pretty much a hot-air-and-money machine, but the cops will ruin your life:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/02/18/a-plague-of-professional-courtesy/
And that was in response to a highway patrolwoman who pulled over an off-duty cop doing 120.  The article fails to mention that(as I recall) the FHP officer had pursued the Miami cop several times prior and had not been able to catch up to him.  The guy was an above-the-law type, and the overwhelming force came out to protect him and shield him from accountability.  For *speeding*.  How do you think they'll respond to being called out for habitual assault and murder?

It's a much simpler situation, if you start with the idea that the police are an armed gang and consider the rest based on that.

(Edited for grammar and clarity)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:13:53 PM by BReilley »

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2014, 10:31:39 PM »
If you're intrigued by that story, have a look at the Threat Management Center in Detroit.  It's fascinating to see what fills the vacuum when the state's monopoly on security disappears.

You may not want to uphold a bunch of whackers as a police alternative. They are a special kind of special. We've discussed them here before. Their videos and website well, dig deeper and it's chock full of WTF goodness*

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:40:03 PM by Boomhauer »

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2014, 10:43:44 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2014, 10:48:40 PM »
You mean these guys?
http://www.threatmanagementcenter.com/

Run this?
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2011/08/19/vipers-academy-for-hsld-operators/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think a Good Idea Fairy read about the MallNinja story and decided to run with it.

Because, honestly, judging from the training videos, the average APS member could wipe out their entire cadre without much trouble.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2014, 10:53:44 PM »

It's a much simpler situation, if you start with the idea that the police are an armed gang and consider the rest based on that.

Even that does not describe modern LE accurately. Even on other forums with a heavy LE presence, they don't get it. The "warrior cop" attitude has brainwashed them. Cops are not warriors, never will be. Just organized street thugs.

Here is what happens if you actually want to do the job right.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2012/09/william-norman-grigg/how-to-kill-a-law-enforcement-career-the-case-of-regina-tasca/

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2014, 11:14:22 PM »
I would say that I'm disgusted. Except that doesn't begin to cover the depth of my revulsion upon reading that
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2014, 11:31:47 PM »
Which part?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I