Author Topic: Two Party System  (Read 984 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Two Party System
« on: July 16, 2015, 10:55:22 PM »
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

dogmush

• friend
Re: Two Party System
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 11:33:37 AM »
Ya Think?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:17:15 PM »
Oh so we aren't talking about one on Friday night and then another on Saturday?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 09:42:56 PM »
Yea, they are pretty much the right and left wings of the same bird.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 09:45:46 PM »
The biggest harbinger of impending doom in this country is the number of former GOP stalwarts (myself included) who are now insurrectionists.

The GOP has never been good at its ostensible job (preserving freedom). These days they can't even be bothered to win the occasional vote in Congress.

Sweet Meteor of Death 2016.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 10:31:15 PM »
After all the doom and gloom that was spoken about Obama during his first election....wall street tossed more money his way than at Mccain.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 11:17:53 PM »
After all the doom and gloom that was spoken about Obama during his first election....wall street tossed more money his way than at Mccain.

Social welfare pacifies the masses and the consumer economy keeps chugging along. Institutional investors gain while the muscle of the economy withers away. What's not to like?

"That's not an iceberg, just your imagination. Look, Caitlyn Jenner's giving an interview on TMZ!"
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 12:09:53 PM »

Don't you realize that you're supposed to buy off the demorat and buy the repukeagain?  [tinfoil] >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 11:01:45 PM »
My father was an ardent Republican, and a member of my home town's Republican Town Committee. He died in 1983 and for at least ten years before he died I was telling him that the reason I refused to register as a Republican was (and still is) that the two-party system was hopelessly broken.

In a world of rapid change, it's reassuring to know that some things remain immutable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design