Author Topic: TX cop rapes woman, rest of dept finds out no one cares  (Read 1857 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
TX cop rapes woman, rest of dept finds out no one cares
« on: June 27, 2016, 12:52:40 AM »
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/06/woman-says-she-was-offered-taco-after-all-night-sexual-assault-in-south-texas-jail.html/

Small department, sounds like all of them are equally corrupt. Texas is making ground on New Mexico in terms of cops digitally raping women.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: TX cop rapes woman, rest of dept finds out no one cares
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 01:51:13 AM »
I am constantly amazed that our country has been so civilized/domesticated/neutered to the point that things like are allowed to stand.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 02:12:25 AM »
I am constantly amazed that our country has been so civilized/domesticated/neutered to the point that things like are allowed to stand.

No different now than it's always been. Probably better, really. Cops just do this to whoever is outgroup from the local populace so it's ignored.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 09:39:38 AM »
So for something like this, the offending officer was sentenced to seven whole months in jail. I wonder how much of that he'll have to serve -- maybe half?

What a joke. He should have been sentenced to at least seven years, with no chance of parole. And the other cops who didn't stop him or who helped in the cover-up should get equal sentences.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 09:45:26 AM »
A few years ago, a cop in my town raped a woman while on duty.  He plead guilty to "sex abuse" (misdemeanor), was sentenced to one year, and served six months.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 10:01:39 AM »
And then they wonder why support for the police is eroding, and faith is the courts is in free fall. 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 11:17:34 AM »
Things like this are why I think we'll see the return of vigilance committees in my lifetime....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
It is still rape, but he didn't actually have intercourse with her (beyond oral sex) if I read that right.  The plea deal is on the head of the prosecutor.  

I am actually very surprised the video footage survived for something like this.  Either they didn't fear consequences or they are stupid.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:39:19 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Re:
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 12:34:10 PM »
Things like this are why I think we'll see the return of vigilance committees in my lifetime....
The thing for me is I think this stuff has been happening all along, we are just better informed.  Also, the prevalence of video cameras around law enforcement personnel and buildings means less chance for these things to be swept under the rug or turn into a He Said/She Said issue between a police officer and someone from the wrong side of the tracks.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re:
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 01:34:35 PM »
The thing for me is I think this stuff has been happening all along, we are just better informed.  Also, the prevalence of video cameras around law enforcement personnel and buildings means less chance for these things to be swept under the rug or turn into a He Said/She Said issue between a police officer and someone from the wrong side of the tracks.

I think so as well.  We probably have about the best behaved police forces in history, but Seeker still has a point in that perception is important. 

I've also seen enough that I've become convinced that it's less that we have a problem with corrupt police officers than we do with corrupt police departments.

Basically, I've heard a lot of complaining that ALL police are corrupt because they're not stopping the ones committing corrupt actions.  I've become convinced that 90% of the time, the police departments ARE cracking down on this stuff, ejecting unsuitable police offers as they're found.  But you have a few departments that accept and welcome such.  They're the ones that hire unsuitable people, retain them, and even corrupt the marginal types they hire.  I'm reminded of the saying that one bad apple spoils the bunch - so you have a lot of bunches that are all fine, and a few barrels that are full of rotten ones.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 02:49:09 PM »
"Peralez resigned from the La Joya Police Department a week after the incident and eventually pleaded guilty to official oppression and violating the civil rights of a person in custody, The Monitor in McAllen reported. He was sentenced to seven months in jail."

Unshocking, he got a light slap on the wrists. I wouldn't be shocked if those were misdemeanor charges rather than felonies. That likely wouldn't put him on the sex offender lists to keep him away from jobs where he could have opportunities to abuse or rape other folks.

That it happens is not the bad part. As other folks have mentioned, it's finally being discussed in the open rather than "swept under the rug". The bad part is when the offender gets a pitifully light sentence that constitutes an obvious violation of justice. I get that prosecutors and police are two sides of the same coin, and while theoretically there should be separation, it's not gonna happen. If we all had the intelligence of a radish, there should be a separate system for handling government employees that isn't part of a rigged system. Good luck keeping it honest, but then again, we don't have an honest system here either.

If the guy wasn't a cop and he did this stuff in a van instead of a prison cell, he would have gotten seven years. Government employee? Seven months.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 03:26:42 PM »
"Peralez resigned from the La Joya Police Department a week after the incident and eventually pleaded guilty to official oppression and violating the civil rights of a person in custody, The Monitor in McAllen reported. He was sentenced to seven months in jail."

Unshocking, he got a light slap on the wrists. I wouldn't be shocked if those were misdemeanor charges rather than felonies. That likely wouldn't put him on the sex offender lists to keep him away from jobs where he could have opportunities to abuse or rape other folks.

That it happens is not the bad part. As other folks have mentioned, it's finally being discussed in the open rather than "swept under the rug". The bad part is when the offender gets a pitifully light sentence that constitutes an obvious violation of justice. I get that prosecutors and police are two sides of the same coin, and while theoretically there should be separation, it's not gonna happen. If we all had the intelligence of a radish, there should be a separate system for handling government employees that isn't part of a rigged system. Good luck keeping it honest, but then again, we don't have an honest system here either.

If the guy wasn't a cop and he did this stuff in a van instead of a prison cell, he would have gotten seven years. Government employee? Seven months.

Unless he was a swimmer from the judge's old college, then six months would be about right.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 03:41:52 PM »

The Texas Rangers is the separate group for the investigation which happened.  It sounds like separate prosecutors and judges might be warranted.  

I would be curious what the average conviction was for sexual assault short of actual intercourse.  

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 04:51:58 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/ex-cop-heads-to-trial-over-womens-bodies-found-in-suitcases-b99657756z1-366416161.html

This prize lived about two blocks away from me.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/steven-zelich-suspect-in-suitcase-bodies-case-has-checkered-past-b99309158z1-267276601.html

And it turns out he was allowed to "resign" from the WAPD in 2001. The "lap dance" incident, was really a prostitute he tried to handcuff/restrain.

Weird thing is, from about 2012 to about 2014 or so, we'd see a WAPD cruiser parked outside his apartment every few days. So often my wife and I thought a small unmarked business next door to the four-unit apartment was a police sub-station. The city has had a few stuck in various places around West Allis over the years do do paperwork or whatever.

My suspicion is that he either had a friend or friends still in the department who'd stop by to chew the fat with him, or they were actually visiting to keep tabs on him, or some sort of unofficial probation, because they knew he was a "creeper" type. However, either way, did a WAPD officer or officers visit him when he had a woman's body in his refrigerator and/or a suitcase?
I promise not to duck.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re:
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 05:08:31 PM »
I think so as well.  We probably have about the best behaved police forces in history, but Seeker still has a point in that perception is important. 

I've also seen enough that I've become convinced that it's less that we have a problem with corrupt police officers than we do with corrupt police departments.

Basically, I've heard a lot of complaining that ALL police are corrupt because they're not stopping the ones committing corrupt actions.  I've become convinced that 90% of the time, the police departments ARE cracking down on this stuff, ejecting unsuitable police offers as they're found.  But you have a few departments that accept and welcome such.  They're the ones that hire unsuitable people, retain them, and even corrupt the marginal types they hire.  I'm reminded of the saying that one bad apple spoils the bunch - so you have a lot of bunches that are all fine, and a few barrels that are full of rotten ones.
some are desperate for anyone with a pulse Norfolk Virginia if you haven't smoked pot in the last 90 days you qualify to be a cop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: TX cop rapes woman, rest of dept finds out no one cares
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 05:09:36 PM »
The Texas Rangers is the separate group for the investigation which happened.  It sounds like separate prosecutors and judges might be warranted.  

I would be curious what the average conviction was for sexual assault short of actual intercourse.  
About six months

Doing it using a position  of authority ought be worth more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 05:11:53 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/ex-cop-heads-to-trial-over-womens-bodies-found-in-suitcases-b99657756z1-366416161.html

This prize lived about two blocks away from me.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/steven-zelich-suspect-in-suitcase-bodies-case-has-checkered-past-b99309158z1-267276601.html

And it turns out he was allowed to "resign" from the WAPD in 2001. The "lap dance" incident, was really a prostitute he tried to handcuff/restrain.

Weird thing is, from about 2012 to about 2014 or so, we'd see a WAPD cruiser parked outside his apartment every few days. So often my wife and I thought a small unmarked business next door to the four-unit apartment was a police sub-station. The city has had a few stuck in various places around West Allis over the years do do paperwork or whatever.

My suspicion is that he either had a friend or friends still in the department who'd stop by to chew the fat with him, or they were actually visiting to keep tabs on him, or some sort of unofficial probation, because they knew he was a "creeper" type. However, either way, did a WAPD officer or officers visit him when he had a woman's body in his refrigerator and/or a suitcase?

Or he had a buddy on the force who got off on dead girls as much as he did, and you were witnessing their daily circle jerk.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 08:50:41 PM »
It isn't even just this serious stuff though. I've had incidents with officers that didn't involve rape, but should have not happened. I'll never forget getting pulled over in New Jersey leaving a concert. I had been in traffic moving a couple miles per hour for miles with officers directing traffic. Right as I got out of that mess I was pulled over. The officer says to me someone wants you real bad back there. They had me on the side of the rode for almost two hours when finally he comes over and says you can go, you'll get a ticket in the mail. I ask what the ticket will be for and why was I pulled over. He immediately threatened me with arrest and a night in jail if I didn't leave. I have never trusted a cop again. Never got that ticket in the mail. This kind of crap happens every day all over the country. Our "justice" system doesn't allow for officers, prosecutors or judges to be held responsible for bad acts, that leads to bad behavior and them not feeling they will ever actually be held responsible or prosecuted for their actions. Yet we wonder why these things (including more serious than my experience like these rapes) happen.

Same thing when officers arrest people for crimes that don't exist, hasn't happened to me although there have been some threats by officers; but I'm friendly with more than one person arrested in PA for open carry or claiming brandishing when the officer knew open carry was legal and wanted to get one over on someone that was open carrying. If I'm required to know the law and ignorance isn't an excuse, then it shouldn't be an excuse for an officer to "mistakenly" arrest someone either.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 10:49:07 PM »
I think I need to take a serious break from the daily news and reading about this kind of crap.
In recent weeks my state of mind has pretty well settled on "screw it let the *expletive deleted*it burn".

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams