Author Topic: Two former GOP senators found shot dead in two days  (Read 2961 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Two former GOP senators found shot dead in two days
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:34:12 AM »
Collins-Smith’s remains, according to KATV, were found wrapped in a blanket.

from the story on the Arkansas murder.

and from the other article.  It gave more information on Collins-Smith than the other crime.
Police could not identify Collins-Smith’s body until Thursday because it had decomposed considerably. It’s not known how long she had been dead when her body was discovered, but her former press secretary Ken Yang told KATV that neighbors said they had heard gunshots a day or two earlier.
Would "a day or two earlier" cause enough decomposition to make identification difficult?  Maybe I guess.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 11:40:11 AM »
Between corruption, spy vs spy and the general upheaval in the political class due to Trump, who really knows what is going on?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 12:01:42 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 11:42:00 AM »

from the story on the Arkansas murder.

and from the other article.  It gave more information on Collins-Smith than the other crime.Would "a day or two earlier" cause enough decomposition to make identification difficult?  Maybe I guess.  

Saw that and was thinking something doesn't add up there
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 01:27:13 PM »
Arkansas and Oklahoma lie side-by-side, with a distance of under 500 miles between Pocahontas, Ark., and Norman, Okla., where the deaths occurred.

So they were neighbors. Probably a dispute over lawn clippings.

Why would a reporter even mention this? Distance is distance. 500 miles is a fairly long day's drive for most people. I grew up outside New Haven, Connecticut -- which is on the coastline, the southern extreme of Connecticut. My grandparents' house, where we went every summer, was only 400 miles away, in Maine. That was an all-day trip, and to get there we went through Massachusetts and New Hampshire to get to Maine. Now that Interstate 95 has been completed, if you follow I-95 you would go through Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire to get to Maine. 500 miles would have gotten us all the way to Canada.

So the fact that the two states abut and the two murders were "only" 500 miles apart is a journalistic red herring.

Seriously, why would anyone murder former state senators? It doesn't make sense.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 02:14:39 PM »
OT:  When I was a kid in the 50's we'd drive 500 miles from Grand Rapids to Pittsburgh to visit family.  We would leave early in the morning and stop at a motel for the night and continue on to Pittsburgh the next day.  No interstates at that time.  Just old country roads.  Today, 500 miles is an easy day trip with a stop for lunch.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 02:47:12 PM »
I blame the NRA and plastic straw collusion.
Or.

What dirt did they have on Hillary?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 04:00:40 PM »
Were they considered to be right-wing terrorist NRA whackos, or just run of the mill compliant semidemocrat RINOs?

Two days does seem fast for decay to go that far, but the presumption seemed to be that the sound of shots marked the actual time of death.  Could it have been someone shooting coyotes in their henhouse or kids with firecrackers, long after the actual time of death?

« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 09:08:32 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 04:08:53 PM »
Were they considered to be right-wing terrorist NRA whackos, or just run of the mill compliant RINOs?

Two days does seem fast for decay to go that far, but the presumption seemed to be that the sound of shots marked the actual time of death.  Could it have been someone shooting coyotes in their henhouse or kids with firecrackers?

That's funny. I thought all the criminals were using silencers now.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 04:51:23 PM »

That's funny. I thought all the criminals were using silencers now.

But only on one of their two guns weapons of mass destruction and other assorted mayhem (WMDAOAM).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 05:10:12 PM »

What dirt did they have on Hillary?

Not the Hillary Gang's usual MO, they usually suicide people
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:02:38 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 07:34:18 PM »
Between corruption, spy vs spy and the general upheaval in the political class due to Trump, who really knows what is going on?

Really.

Seriously, why would anyone murder former state senators? It doesn't make sense.

Chart the connections to HRC,
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 08:50:21 PM »
Really.

Chart the connections to HRC,

Careful, that might get you on her list.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 09:19:08 PM »
Would "a day or two earlier" cause enough decomposition to make identification difficult?  Maybe I guess.  

There are things that can be done to increase the rate of decomposition, which can impact time of death determination.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 11:19:21 PM »
There are things that can be done to increase the rate of decomposition, which can impact time of death determination.

Yeah, yeah, we know. "Feed the hogs."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2019, 03:14:49 AM »
I've often said that correlation does not imply causation, but of late in politics I've also said, where there's smoke there's fire.

Note they said the victims were found within two days, but the deaths could have been some time apart.  If there was a relationship, did someone clue in the police?  Maybe that's why the mysterious 500 mile remark.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2019, 09:31:27 AM »
I was thinking more along the lines of whether the A/C was on or not and whether local varmints or insects had access to the body.  And it may have been a bit more than 2 days.  Nothing pretty to think about.

Also, if that one quote is correct that they found it wrapped in a blanket, who knows where or when the death took place.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2019, 04:46:38 PM »
Yeah, yeah, we know. "Feed the hogs."

Nah, other things.  Crank the heat as high as you can in the home before leaving speeds decompose.  Crank the AC, slow decomp.  Drizzle honey, pancake syrup, etc on the body to encourage insects.  I could go on (I actually took a class for work where this was a session.   Lots of gory pictures.)
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2019, 11:56:43 AM »
I'm not saying its arkancide, but both are either in or close to arkansas.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2019, 10:56:28 PM »
Nah, other things.  Crank the heat as high as you can in the home before leaving speeds decompose.  Crank the AC, slow decomp.  Drizzle honey, pancake syrup, etc on the body to encourage insects.  I could go on (I actually took a class for work where this was a session.   Lots of gory pictures.)

Sounds like some interesting lab work.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 11:14:49 PM »
Smith-Collins started out as a D iirc.

i was very suspicious of the whole thing too
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."