Author Topic: Prepare the memory hole  (Read 4203 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Prepare the memory hole
« on: February 06, 2014, 02:27:44 PM »
Nothing to see here folks, move along. I'm sure the Iranian student has a perfectly good explanation for the incendiary device object in question, and it's entirely unrelated to his origins. You're racist for even asking.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/1-severely-burned-in-10th-street-home/ndC9z/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Prepare the memory hole
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 02:31:43 PM »

If he was an aspiring terrorist, it'd confirm yet again that Islamic terrorists are more hype than not. Call me when an Islamic country can build its own cruise missile, assault rifle, destroyer and tank from scratch (and not copies/licensed Russian hardware).
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 02:35:25 PM »
Molotov.  Yawn.

Call me if anyone interesting shows up.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 02:43:46 PM »
Right, because only sophisticated systems like box cutters and pistols are useful terrorist implements. Just bike locking a few emergency exits and torching an occupied building could never hurt anyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoanut_Grove_fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_Club_fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Luoyang_Christmas_fire

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 02:52:04 PM »
Darwinism is still working.  Hence him being in the hospital.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 02:55:16 PM »
Right, because only sophisticated systems like box cutters and pistols are useful terrorist implements. Just bike locking a few emergency exits and torching an occupied building could never hurt anyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoanut_Grove_fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_Club_fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Luoyang_Christmas_fire

The sophisticated system was the mindframe of the passengers, not the box cutters. Folks on the 9/11 were playing by the old rule book. Crazy terrorists hijack plane for ten million bucks and fly to Cuba or whatnot. Now they know that "crazy terrorists = death" and will fight like crazed weasels on PCP. Why do you think Flight 93 crashed into dirt in Stonycreek Township, PA instead of the White House, Pentagon or whatnot?

And the Gothenburg discothèque fire is more appropriate. 4 Iranian kids burned the place down because they were denied entry.

You're never going to stop the issue of crazy people and dumb kids. Won't happen.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 03:13:51 PM »
I really just don't even know what the hell you're talking about. Is there some separate thread that coexists in a parallel universe where someone is discussing something that's even remotely relevant to all that?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 03:42:06 PM »
I really just don't even know what the hell you're talking about. Is there some separate thread that coexists in a parallel universe where someone is discussing something that's even remotely relevant to all that?

*blink* I thought it was being implied that the gentleman in question may be an Iranian terrorist, or at least nutter. An utterly incompetent one, which is more the norm than not. And that he wouldn't be called that for political correctness.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 03:47:37 PM »
*blink* I thought it was being implied that the gentleman in question may be an Iranian terrorist, or at least nutter. An utterly incompetent one, which is more the norm than not. And that he wouldn't be called that for political correctness.

Yep, that's what I was going for. A commentary on the media. If some moron who voted for Dubya and went to a couple Tea Party rallies did this the media would be fapping at the chance to go ZOMG TEUURRRRIST!!! Instead it gets memory holed and downplayed. Like a certain act of workplace violence at Ft Hood.

So a bunch of stuff about how he was incompetent or a how "you'll never stop stupid kids etc" seems totally out of left field. I'm trying here but I really don't see what you're going for, or how it addresses the point of this post.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 04:29:37 PM »

Yes. Open your eyes, especially since you broached the subject. You mentioned box cutters and terrorists. RevDisk was commenting on that.

If you want this thread to be strictly about how the media is downplaying this news, then you need to request that in your opening post. Or at least be a bit more clear on your comments. Or, more realistically, realize that thread veer is in the DNA of APS and there is nothing you can do to change it.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 04:36:11 PM »
Yes. Open your eyes, especially since you broached the subject. You mentioned box cutters and terrorists. RevDisk was commenting on that.

If you want this thread to be strictly about how the media is downplaying this news, then you need to request that in your opening post. Or at least be a bit more clear on your comments. Or, more realistically, realize that thread veer is in the DNA of APS and there is nothing you can do to change it.

Simmer down hoss. I expect thread veer. It seems like Rev wasn't veering the thread so much as talking about a completely different one.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 04:40:48 PM »
Simmer down hoss. I expect thread veer. It seems like Rev wasn't veering the thread so much as talking about a completely different one.

I am simmer. Your reply sounds more peeved than mine, hoss.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 04:44:11 PM »
/shrug

No tone control on the written word, so that's probably more a commentary on your opinion of me than the text. as written it has a confused tone, to my perception anyway.

In any case, I'm not mad at anyone just puzzled at the response.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 04:50:33 PM »
FWIW, I don't look at the author, just the response.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 05:55:10 PM »
The sophisticated system was the mindframe of the passengers, not the box cutters. Folks on the 9/11 were playing by the old rule book. Crazy terrorists hijack plane for ten million bucks and fly to Cuba or whatnot. Now they know that "crazy terrorists = death" and will fight like crazed weasels on PCP. Why do you think Flight 93 crashed into dirt in Stonycreek Township, PA instead of the White House, Pentagon or whatnot?

My theory is that most of the people on that plane were patriots trying to hit Ted Kennedy's house, while he had a few loyalists who happened to be of middle eastern descent on the plane that brought it down before it could save us from several more years of him.

Amazing coincidence that it happened on the same day as the terrorist attacks.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 06:06:09 PM »
Gertting back to the OP - a "suspected" Molotov cocktail?

When was it upgraded from "alleged"?  'Cause until the conviction everyone and everything, according to the MSM style book, is "alleged".

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 06:12:54 PM »
I am an engineer working in chemical plants.  There are lots of ways a potential terrrorist group could really screw us up doing things which may or may not attract a whole lot of attention when they are done.  I am glad most terrorists are stupid and illiterate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 06:30:54 PM »

You forgots pressure cookerses.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 07:33:18 PM »

You forgots pressure cookerses.

And farwerks  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 09:52:10 PM »
Gertting back to the OP - a "suspected" Molotov cocktail?

When was it upgraded from "alleged"?  'Cause until the conviction everyone and everything, according to the MSM style book, is "alleged".

stay safe.

You've noticed that, too, eh?

The current stylebook has become so PC that everything about a crime has become alleged -- to the point that I've seen articles about murders in which the body of the deceased was referred to as an "alleged victim."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 02:01:13 PM »
FWIW, I don't look at the author, just the response.

Balog and I have gotten along quite well over the years. No worries, dude.

Well, except the time I helped his friend move under emergency circumstances and the lady had a bunch of weights to be packed up. I admit, I was thinking things towards Balog that would not pass as polite.   =D

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 04:56:52 PM »
The current stylebook has become so PC that everything about a crime has become alleged -- to the point that I've seen articles about murders in which the body of the deceased was referred to as an "alleged victim."
Not sure that I have so much of a problem with it. Certainly better than sensationally convicting people prior to a trial.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 11:49:49 PM »
Balog and I have gotten along quite well over the years. No worries, dude.

Well, except the time I helped his friend move under emergency circumstances and the lady had a bunch of weights to be packed up. I admit, I was thinking things towards Balog that would not pass as polite.   =D

:D I guess I'll have to make it out to PA at some point so I can buy you a beer or two for that. I'm about to help her move all of that out of storage so I'm going to be feeling your pain soon.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 10:52:11 AM »
Young strong guys whining about lifting weights  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 11:02:01 AM »
:D I guess I'll have to make it out to PA at some point so I can buy you a beer or two for that. I'm about to help her move all of that out of storage so I'm going to be feeling your pain soon.

I want pictures.  =D

Under the circumstances, it went very smoothly. No shooting or whatnot, everyone that was supposed to show did, etc. Not all extractions I've done went as quietly. Only real hitch was lack of padding material. I didn't know I was supposed to bring any, and the packers said they weren't told to bring any. I understand the lady in question wasn't happy about that, completely understandably under normal circumstances. But with respect, I gather she hasn't done this before. Rule is grab what you need, bin the rest. Speed is the key. In, out, done.